Author Topic: MIN/BOS Trade idea (KG not coming back)  (Read 1876 times)

MIN/BOS Trade idea (KG not coming back)
« on: November 17, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14149298/the-long-hard-road-redemption-plan-minnesota-starting-make-sense

It's only a matter of time before the agents for Payne, Muhammad, Dieng and other young guys playing limited roles begin to pipe up.The Wolves have more prospects than they can realistically play as long as Garnett and Prince receive entitlement minutes. Minnesota has to resist the temptation to deal away future assets for a chance at a long-awaited playoff spot, but if they can conclude that guys such as Dieng and Muhammad aren't part of their core, they could look to package them for a mid-career veteran who could help now -- provided he's the right age, on the right kind of deal.

Maybe to entice Minny to let two young players we need (wing and rim protector), we can take on Pekovics contract:

Dieng, Muhammad, Pek

Lee, Sully, and a future 1st (not Nets)

They clear up space for FA's while still having money ready for Wiggins and Towns in 1-2 years. Sully gives them a good option at the 4 next to Towns to complete the youth lineup.

We take on a bad contract (as the cap rises) and get two positions we really need. Can trade/cut Turner to make more room too.

Smart, IT, Rozier
AB, RJH
Crowder, Muhammad
AJ, KO, Jerebko
Dieng, Zeller, Pekovic

Maybe not include Pek, but it wouldn't hurt to call and see what it might take to get the other two.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Re: MIN/BOS Trade idea (KG not coming back)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 11:54:01 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think taking Pek is part of the enticement for the Wolves. Remove that, and things are less interesting for them.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Considering how well Sully has played, I'm not sure I wanna trade him and a 1st for Dieng or Shabazz, especially if we get stuck with Pek.

Is Pek in his last season with his contract?

Sullinger has played better than he has in his entire time here. I have no problem trading him, but I'd want to get back a little better of a prospect at one of our two positions of need if were gonna include him and a 1st.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice
I think taking Pek is part of the enticement for the Wolves. Remove that, and things are less interesting for them.

Considering we seem to not be a huge FA attraction, would he really tie up much money that could be used for someone else? My calculations earlier still gave us enough room for a max deal after this trade by Summer 2016.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 12:27:10 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice
Considering how well Sully has played, I'm not sure I wanna trade him and a 1st for Dieng or Shabazz, especially if we get stuck with Pek.

Is Pek in his last season with his contract?

Sullinger has played better than he has in his entire time here. I have no problem trading him, but I'd want to get back a little better of a prospect at one of our two positions of need if were gonna include him and a 1st.

Sully is playing great. The trade isn't to make room for other guys but to avoid the likely situation where he demands more than he really deserves and we let him walk for nothing in the summer to a team like Minny or even Philly who are all aboard the youth movement train.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Considering we seem to not be a huge FA attraction, would he really tie up much money that could be used for someone else? My calculations earlier still gave us enough room for a max deal after this trade by Summer 2016.

Question is whether you want to invest $36 mil over this current and the following two seasons in a big man with a chronic foot problem.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 12:48:05 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice

Question is whether you want to invest $36 mil over this current and the following two seasons in a big man with a chronic foot problem.

I meant for that to be implied in my trade offer. The attraction is getting quality players at spots we need without giving up any of our young assets on good contracts or any of the valuable picks.

I don't know how contracts and trades work but maybe we could wait until summer to see what the free agent scene looks like. Sully would have to be a sign and trade then.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 12:50:13 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I disagree thst we need much help on the wing. Crowder is good and JJ is good for his small role. When one of the 2 of them is on the court good things happen for us.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 12:59:50 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
TWolves say no. Why would they swap Dieng, who can't get playing time as a big, for Sullinger, also a big, and then throw in a good wing prospect in Muhammad for a "meh" 1st + the relieving of a contract when the TWolves won't be bringing in a big FA target for some time, if ever? Moving bad contracts has a lot of value to LA, Chicago, New York. It doesn't have as much value for Minnesota.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 01:50:24 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice
TWolves say no. Why would they swap Dieng, who can't get playing time as a big, for Sullinger, also a big, and then throw in a good wing prospect in Muhammad for a "meh" 1st + the relieving of a contract when the TWolves won't be bringing in a big FA target for some time, if ever? Moving bad contracts has a lot of value to LA, Chicago, New York. It doesn't have as much value for Minnesota.

I would think it's the other way around. LA, Chicago, NY can afford to hold big contracts, smaller markets cannot afford to have players on big contracts not cracking the rotation.

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 02:05:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Would love Dieng - he may not be our next future superstar, but he is a very good defensive player and can certainly score around the rim. I am not sure what it would take to get him - Turner, Zeller, and a 2nd? That sounds like too much to me, but both of our guys going out are expiring while Dieng has an extra year on his contract. Those two would seem to help the Wolves playoff hopes.

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 02:15:16 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice
Would love Dieng - he may not be our next future superstar, but he is a very good defensive player and can certainly score around the rim. I am not sure what it would take to get him - Turner, Zeller, and a 2nd? That sounds like too much to me, but both of our guys going out are expiring while Dieng has an extra year on his contract. Those two would seem to help the Wolves playoff hopes.

This trade is based off my interest in Dieng. The article brought him up along with Muhammad so i thought they could both be had at the right price. Dieng seems to be very similar to Rudy Gobert and he seems to have taken off in Utah.

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 02:28:34 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I like Dieng, but folks overrate him as a defender because he's got above average shot blocking numbers. Those don't properly represent his overall results.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)