Author Topic: Is this year's Sixers team the worst NBA squad ever?  (Read 19074 times)

Is this year's Sixers team the worst NBA squad ever?
« on: November 16, 2015, 07:51:57 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Fairly simple question.

I understand the bid for the future and the aim for high picks but this team may not win a game all year.

Offensive Rating: 94.6 and Defensive Rating: 108.6 - Basically 14 points down on paper before the game even starts.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: Is this year's Sixers team the worst NBA squad ever?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:54:13 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
No. They are already better than last year's Sixers team, and will get even better when Tony Wroten and Kendall Marshall return and they can put a real point guard on the floor with Okafor, Noel, Grant, and Stauskas. The duo of Okafor and Noel has been very hard to handle, they will pick up wins sooner or later.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 08:09:38 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
No. They are already better than last year's Sixers team, and will get even better when Tony Wroten and Kendall Marshall return and they can put a real point guard on the floor with Okafor, Noel, Grant, and Stauskas. The duo of Okafor and Noel has been very hard to handle, they will pick up wins sooner or later.
I agree.  Also, Covington has been out injured but it looks like he's back now.  Last year's team started out 0-17 but still ended up winning 18 games.     

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 08:15:50 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
It's by design

Got plenty of money n assets

Just want to play stupid

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 08:19:54 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

Whats your record estimation? Considering they went 18-64 Last year.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 09:13:03 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Nope. They are the worst team in the league but not in the running for the worst ever. They have got enough talent there to avoid that ugly distinction.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This Sixers team has to be better than the Sixers were a few years ago when they had neither Noel nor Okafor, right?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
This Sixers team has to be better than the Sixers were a few years ago when they had neither Noel nor Okafor, right?

Well you would think that but from the current sample and defensive numbers it doesn't appear to be so.

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
It's by design

Got plenty of money n assets

Just want to play stupid

Not a fan of the design either. Really terrible to get young players used to losing that many games early on. Shocking for culture around a sports team.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 10:42:51 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 14h14 hours ago

Of the 12 players to suit up for the Sixers so far this season, six were undrafted and have combined to log 38 percent of Philly's minutes

Follow-up to last tweet: Among the NBA's other 29 teams, undrafted players have accounted for just 8 percent of total minutes

The Sixers are an NBA-DLeague hybrid.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 10:49:47 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
So close to pulling one off for us against the Mavs - oh well, certainly wasn't to be expected.

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 10:51:05 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
So what would you think if you were drafted with great expectations all ready to hit the floor and show your skills ...make a name for yourself .....WIN

And you are purposely teamed with inferior talent ......to purposely loose .

I would not be happy to be there at all. 

I'd probably quit the team .....i don't like losers ,  sports is about doing your best .

Nothing about there manager or owners exemplifies excellence ....cheat the league , cheat the fan, teach poor sports habits .

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I was going to say the same thing. They are better than they were the past two seasons.

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 11:02:05 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Of the 12 players to suit up for the Sixers so far this season, six were undrafted and have combined to log 38 percent of Philly's minutes

Follow-up to last tweet: Among the NBA's other 29 teams, undrafted players have accounted for just 8 percent of total minutes

The Sixers are an NBA-DLeague hybrid.

Hinkie believes that 2nd and even 3rd tier NBA players don't matter.  Teams that tanked in the past would hold onto decent young players and an old veteran or two.  Hinkie decided that NOTHING matters except getting 1st tier franchise players.

Mike

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 11:07:34 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
I was going to say the same thing. They are better than they were the past two seasons.

The per 100 numbers from the current first 11 game sample don't really show that to be so. They are pretty much the worst team in the league both offensively and defensively.

I understand that Okafor and Noel will eventually be very good NBA players. They are both still finding their way though.