Would you trade for Harris

Yes.
5 (21.7%)
No.
9 (39.1%)
Would only trade one first for him
9 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Trade Lee and two firsts for Tobias Harris  (Read 2410 times)

Trade Lee and two firsts for Tobias Harris
« on: November 15, 2015, 01:58:08 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 The magic are not very good they have replacement players already in place in Aaron Gordon and Mario. Lee's deal's is expiring,  we'll give you Dallas's  pick and Minnesota's pick and if they're interested in one of our young prospects that's negotiable.

We get a 6'8" big strong 235 pound SF that can really score to pare with Crowder. He's locked in for the more years at 16 mil per. With the rising cap not a big deal.

Amir
 Sully
 Tobias
 Smart
 Thomas

That team could really score the ball. He would be a useful player on this team for sure, and we can't use ask These picks. Or can we?

Re: Trade Lee and two firsts for Tobias Harris
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 02:05:28 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
we could have signed him this summer...why give up the 2 picks i guess.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 02:12:37 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
we could have signed him this summer...why give up the 2 picks i guess.

He was restricted. Everyone thought the Mage weren't going to pay him but they did.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 02:12:46 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

No he was restricted. It may have been the reason they did sign him. To make sure they did get assets back.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 02:27:12 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
They're laden with young talent (almost to a fault -- imagine that?)

They'd probably prefer a 2 for 1 to upgrade a couple young assets for an established star. Admittedly know nothing about their front office, though.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 03:33:45 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
That's one of the points I was trying to make in the Orlando thread.  I'm not sure Harris factors into Orlando's long-term plans... I'm not sure they wanted to pay him... they just would have been braindead to let another team sign him when he was restricted.  It made all the sense in the world for them to lock him up to a contract and flip him for assets.   Getting picks makes sense if they don't plan on keeping Harris and want to throw Gordon/Mario more minutes immediately.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 03:39:37 AM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
So does that mean your in on trading two OK firsts for him.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 03:52:48 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I like the idea of picking up Harris, but I don't want to give up two firsts while also paying him $16 million.  That deal might make sense after the season, but I'd rather hold on to that flexibility until then. 

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 04:55:53 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It's something that Danny has considered in the past and will potentially look at after we do something with our Brooklyn pick this year. The Nets being so bad is going to give him a multitude of unforeseen/unexpected options to upgrade.
Right now, the problem with acquiring Harris is that our defensive trio of Smart/Bradley/Crowder is probably the best defensive perimeter trio the NBA.

I wonder if they'd consider putting Harris as a small ball four with Sully or Olynk at the 5.

Smart
Bradley
Crowder
Harris
Sully

Sully and Harris would both stretch the floor and our front line defense would take a lot of pressure off them defensively.

Harris and Smart for halfcourt offense, with all five being able to run the floor and put up 70 shots a game.
If Sully and Crowder could consistently get their 3 point shot at 35% we'd be an amazing small ball team.

In reality,  I can't see a deal like this getting done right now from Ainge's perspective because of that Brooklyn pick's impact on our future.

He'll see what position we fill with the best player available in the draft and go from there.

Of course that could all change if Ainge works out a deal for Cousins. If he got Cousins here then someone like Harris could be a target.  Again though, the dilemma is whether Harris replacing Crowder at the SF would actually do us any good given Crowder impact on the defensive end and initiating so much fast break offense through his and Smart/Bradley's defense.

Would be a good topic on its own actually.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 05:36:46 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Two firsts for Harris is way too much if you ask me. His production has been subpar this year compared to last season, which is why I would be cautious about giving up two picks for him.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 08:25:42 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The problem is Orlando needs shooting just like we do. I doubt they trade him for picks and an expiring, more likely they would want good players under contract = AB and Crowder may get the deal done?

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

No he was restricted. It may have been the reason they did sign him. To make sure they did get assets back.

Being restricted had nothing to do with it.  By the time the C's had moved on from Harris, they'd already used up their max-level cap room, so acquiring Harris would have necessitated a sign-and-trade (using Wallace's contract).  The rumor at the time was that Harris wanted more money than Ainge was willing to pay.  But a trade was always going to be necessary, and it could have just as easily occurred last summer.  Since it didn't, I'd assume that Ainge isn't enough in love with Harris' game to warrant him paying a huge price.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 10:35:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
overpayment.  no way he's worth 2 firsts.  certainly not the firsts we're holding

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Sully and lee for harris? 

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 12:01:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why would Orlando, who just signed him to a big contract, want to move the guy before they are even able to trade him? If he was so useless why resign him? If they could have gotten a player and a couple of picks in a sign and trade for the guy don't you think they would have done that rather than signing him and then trying to immediately trade the guy?

Harris isn't the answer to the Celtics need of a cornerstone star to help this team take the next step. He just isn't. Makes no sense to send out valuable assets for a guy that would barely move the needle for this team