Author Topic: 2016 Prospects Watch  (Read 12548 times)

Re: 2016 Prospects Watch
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2016, 11:12:15 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

Ben Bentil of the Providence College Friars. 6-9 245, long, athletic, and leading the big east in scoring, despite playing out of position at Center. He has that tough edge to him. His range is improving, his handle needs to get better. He's very active.

We all hear about Kris Dunn, and he is truly a special player, but they're not ranked in the top 10 for one player.

Ben Bentil would be a nice pick, late 1st or early second. Assuming he comes out.

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2016, 11:43:03 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Ben Bentil of the Providence College Friars. 6-9 245, long, athletic, and leading the big east in scoring, despite playing out of position at Center. He has that tough edge to him. His range is improving, his handle needs to get better. He's very active.

We all hear about Kris Dunn, and he is truly a special player, but they're not ranked in the top 10 for one player.

Ben Bentil would be a nice pick, late 1st or early second. Assuming he comes out.
I think he's someone to keep an eye on but I think he'd be foolish to come out this year.  Do the smart thing that Dunn did --> go back to school for more seasoning and increase your draft stock significantly. 

I think if he came out in this draft, he'd be making the same mistake Ricky Ledo did at PC which was jumpship at the first opportunity.  Imagine how good PC would be if Ledo had stuck around to work on his game and draft position --> he'd be a top 10 pick (if as good as he was projected) if not top 5 and he'd have a guaranteed contract instead of toiling in the D-League hoping to catch some team's eye for a late season call-up

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2016, 11:45:11 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
When a guy as solid as Jamal Murray starts to slide down due to teams going for the gold he starts to take on sleeper status.  Admittedly in this case, pretty high profile sleeper status.

An undersized shooting guard! Danny must be salivating.

Mike

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2016, 07:45:19 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
When a guy as solid as Jamal Murray starts to slide down due to teams going for the gold he starts to take on sleeper status.  Admittedly in this case, pretty high profile sleeper status.

An undersized shooting guard! Danny must be salivating.

Mike

He's 6'5.

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2016, 08:24:07 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I wasn't interested in Buddy Hield at first but he's got some skills and is very productive.  His stock has been rising and is now #23 on the DraftExpress Top 100 Prospect list.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Buddy-Hield-58749/

His strengths per their profile:

Scoring Ability
Physical Tools on D
Intangibles

Yes, please, give the Celtics some more of those things.

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2016, 09:15:05 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I'm really excited about Brandon Ingram. I think he has a chance to be even better than Jabari Parker.

Hate that Parker hasn't become the new Melo. I wanted him over Wiggins last year.

Going all in on Simmons or Ingram but I'd take Brown at #3 if they were gone.

Hopefully grab one of Hield, Bacon, or Levert if they fall to the late teens. Then grab a center (Stone, Hammons, Zi) with the Mavs pick in the early 20's.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2016, 09:23:05 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I saw him play Umass he is definitely has some potential.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2016, 10:16:34 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Hammons is a big guy who's putting up good numbers for Purdue.  He's an intriguing option.
Stone has really come on as a freshman big for Maryland.  They're a couple of guys I'm really watching for our mid round picks.

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2016, 05:48:29 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Hammons is a big guy who's putting up good numbers for Purdue.  He's an intriguing option.
Stone has really come on as a freshman big for Maryland.  They're a couple of guys I'm really watching for our mid round picks.

Diamond Stone (what a great name!) would be a terrific fit for us.

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2016, 05:55:06 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Thomas Bryant could also jump up the board....which he really is not even on now, at least as a 1 and done guy.

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2016, 10:43:21 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Watching Providence, haven't really watched Dunn before.  Ugly game so far, combined the teams are shooting 50%!  With Dunn the athleticism and length are impressive.  Reminds me a little of Westbrook as a college player.   The question is do you believe the jump shot will become consistent.  Its been terrible this game.  Late in the game though he's taking over.  Just hit a fallaway that looked terrible but bounced around and went in to win the game.

Bentl certainly showed flashes of being an NBA 3/4 swing type player.

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2016, 10:51:50 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Diamond Stone and Maryland are on ESPN vs. Michigan right now.  I'd love to nab Stone with the Bos or Dal 1st rounder this year.  He looks like he has potential as a beefy guy in the post.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:04:37 PM by HomerSapien »

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2016, 10:59:59 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ingram all day

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2016, 09:19:40 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Diamond Stone and Maryland are on ESPN vs. Michigan right now.  I'd love to nab Stone with the Bos or Dal 1st rounder this year.  He looks like he has potential as a beefy guy in the post.

22 pts and 11 rebounds for the Stoner last night on the road!

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I really hate starting new threads so I'm sticking this article in here hope someone finds it interesting. 

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/240442/The-Mystery-Boxes-Of-Highly-Rated-Draft-Prospects-With-Limited-Minutes