Author Topic: Rondo is ballin....  (Read 6713 times)

Re: Rondo is ballin....
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2015, 08:24:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
the 1 doesn't need to score 20 a night. to say a guy who gets a ton of tripple doubles and around 10 assists a night is bad on O is crazy. I can't wait to see the hate hate hate hate hate hate when he has a random slump this year.
i have noticed a pattern here at cv of accusing those who have differing, and often critical, opinions as being filled with hate. as if those who differ from you are filled with some sort of rage and venom that renders them incapable of objective judgement or insights.

is it really that simple?

can not one honestly, intelligently, coherently, and tellingly criticize a player and not do so powered by hatred and rage?

let us all do better than this please.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2015, 08:50:11 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
the 1 doesn't need to score 20 a night. to say a guy who gets a ton of tripple doubles and around 10 assists a night is bad on O is crazy. I can't wait to see the hate hate hate hate hate hate when he has a random slump this year.
i have noticed a pattern here at cv of accusing those who have differing, and often critical, opinions as being filled with hate. as if those who differ from you are filled with some sort of rage and venom that renders them incapable of objective judgement or insights.

is it really that simple?

can not one honestly, intelligently, coherently, and tellingly criticize a player and not do so powered by hatred and rage?

let us all do better than this please.
Tp, great post.  The word hate is super strong word and its thrown around like its nothing. 

Most of the people pointing out Rondo's flaws are simply trying to justify trading him.

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2015, 09:44:53 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Did Rondo do something personal to some of you? I can't get over the hate on here for him. Odd that a pass first entertaining pg gets so much hate. I get the hate for bad guys, or floppers, or whiners but RR is none on those. It's like a lot of you decided long ago he was the problem and now when he plays well you can't acknowledge it because it would in some way make you wrong before. It's crazy. He plays his frickin heart out and does his best, why can't you be happy for him when he does well? It's sad.

Did Rondo do something *ahem* personal to YOU to make you want to come to his rescue?

There hasn't been any "hate" in this thread. Pointing out the team's record or Rondo's negative stats isn't hate, it's simply stating facts. Way to over-react!

And as far as Rondo being a winner, he wasn't...at least with this team. The Cs had a losing record with him on the court his last two years here. Once he's traded, the Cs started winning again. Coincidence? Probably not.

By the time Rondo was traded, the Celtics were the 8th seeded team then they lost a ton of games until a few weeks before the all star break.

The Celtics were 9-14 in games in which Rondo played prior to trading him to Dallas. Regardless of whether or not they were the 8th seeded team, they were still a losing one.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2015, 09:46:00 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Most of the people pointing out Rondo's flaws are simply trying to justify trading him.

The significantly better winning percentage more than justifies the trade.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2015, 09:47:17 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Did Rondo do something personal to some of you? I can't get over the hate on here for him. Odd that a pass first entertaining pg gets so much hate. I get the hate for bad guys, or floppers, or whiners but RR is none on those. It's like a lot of you decided long ago he was the problem and now when he plays well you can't acknowledge it because it would in some way make you wrong before. It's crazy. He plays his frickin heart out and does his best, why can't you be happy for him when he does well? It's sad.

Did Rondo do something *ahem* personal to YOU to make you want to come to his rescue?

There hasn't been any "hate" in this thread. Pointing out the team's record or Rondo's negative stats isn't hate, it's simply stating facts. Way to over-react!

And as far as Rondo being a winner, he wasn't...at least with this team. The Cs had a losing record with him on the court his last two years here. Once he's traded, the Cs started winning again. Coincidence? Probably not.

By the time Rondo was traded, the Celtics were the 8th seeded team then they lost a ton of games until a few weeks before the all star break.

The Celtics were 9-14 in games in which Rondo played prior to trading him to Dallas. Regardless of whether or not they were the 8th seeded team, they were still a losing one.

And they continued to lose until the last week of the All Star, then they got Isaiah Thomas.

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2015, 10:03:11 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

True.  I'm glad we traded him.

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2015, 10:05:38 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

You do know that the Celtics had a brutal opening schedule last year?

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2015, 11:55:49 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

And after Rondo was traded our winning percentage actually dropped.  We didn't start winning until Thomas was acquired.   

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2015, 11:59:47 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

And after Rondo was traded our winning percentage actually dropped.  We didn't start winning until Thomas was acquired.

No, we actually started winning in late January.  We acquired Thomas in part because the team had been playing well for a month and clearly couldn't race to the bottom. 

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2015, 12:29:21 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I get that people need to justify the trade, but it's sad to see people happy when RR struggles and it's crazy to see him bashed when he does well. There are much easier ways to justify the trade. First he dug his own grave by not taking the extension. Also, it's not like we got nothing for him. Ainge said at the time Crowder was someone he had wanted for a while and was not a simple throw in, now the deal is looking better and better as Crowder looks better and better.

To use last seasons records(or parts of the season) to make the point RR sucks is silly. We had a rough start, traded RR and our record got worse. Then we made a few (hundred) other trades and things started to click and we got better. Then we traded for IT and got even better.

I wish there was more respect for a guy who averaged a trippel double for us for an entire playoff series, a guy who played with a broken arm for us.  I know PP was here twice as long and a better and more traditional star, but no one would think of talking about him now the way people talk about RR.

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2015, 04:15:11 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Personally, I've moved on.  I was, however, a huge Rondo fan when he was here and remain a fan of his.  I'm glad to see him doing well in Sacramento. 

I'm rooting for him to find a good basketball home in Sacramento, continue to play well alongside Boogie Cousins and co., and resurrect his career.

It's too bad he couldn't finish his career as a Celtic, but like I said, I've moved on, and begrudgingly admit that it was probably best for all parties involved for the separation to be made. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2015, 04:36:27 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'll always be a Rondo fan wherever he goes except, Lebron team and LA Teams.

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2015, 08:23:19 AM »

Offline saynomore

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 15
so happy for Rondo!!
Crowder's D is unreal ???

idk how is this matters to my post where i said what i'm happy for former celtic who raised banner here? i'm thankful for all past times where Rondo was playing in green uniform and unlike some of you, will always gonna to support him as well, cause before his injury he played great, you all were rooting for him, voted, etc and now it feels like some were enjoying his bad situation with mavs. It's really doesn't matter anyway, it's your choise to remember only bad moments, in my case i will continue to appreciate him at least for all good memories

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2015, 09:42:50 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Rondo having another typical Rondo monster boxline in what will probably be yet another loss for the poor old Kings.

Man, I love Rondo, but it is SO much better watching him play for other teams when you don't care about the result.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2015, 10:02:29 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Rondo having another typical Rondo monster boxline in what will probably be yet another loss for the poor old Kings.

Man, I love Rondo, but it is SO much better watching him play for other teams when you don't care about the result.
Cousins is suspended and Gay left with an injured shoulder.  How much do you expect Rondo to do himself?