Author Topic: Rondo is ballin....  (Read 6720 times)

Re: Rondo is ballin....
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Did Rondo do something personal to some of you? I can't get over the hate on here for him. Odd that a pass first entertaining pg gets so much hate.

Many of us spent a lot of our time watching him play.  Exciting, and infuriating.  Sometimes electric, sometimes really boring.

His passes are nice, and it's admirable that he rebounds and plays a lot of minutes.  He's also inconsistent, gambles on defense, and is a really poor offensive player, all-around, other than his passing.

Unless you've got one or more dominant scorers, it just doesn't make sense to carry a non-scorer like that in the starting lineup, especially at point guard.

I'm happy Rondo is having success, elsewhere. 

I place emphasis on all parts of that statement.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
It's cool to see him taking on a large role with a team again.

Though he is playing around 44 minutes a game, and the Kings defense stinks.  Meaning: grain of salt.

Yep. I think this is where he is most effective. Rondo needs the ball to be able to contribute for your team.

Happy for him. If he's trying to get one final big payday, he's on the right track.

I want him back so bad. More than I want PP back even. We don't really need another guard because we have a lot of good ones, but, Ive said it before and I'll say it again: Rondo is a winner and anyone who bets against him is a loser.

Aren't the Kings like 2-7 and on the verge of self-destruction?
The Kings are actually 3-7 which isn't too bad considering Cousins and Collison have missed 4 games each.  Rondo hasn't been a part of any of the Kings self destructive antics.  They haven't had a backup PG for the last 4 games so Rondo's taken on the load and played all but 8 minutes of those games. 

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 01:00:53 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Given the state of the Kings (no back up pg, losing Boogie for a few games, being a new team, PLAYING IN THE WEST) Rondo has done well for himself and looks to be finally "healthy" and comfortable within the offense. Playing 48 mins a night might be a blessing in disguise because he got a chance to practically be on the floor with everyone.

From all accounts he seems to be doing the right things in the locker room. Boogie says he gets caught up watching him play and wish he had his energy. WCS says he studies the way Rondo watches film..etc.

I'm happy he's doing well after that Dallas melt down and wish him the best. Some of you act like he punched your puppy..lol.

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 01:10:34 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
the 1 doesn't need to score 20 a night. to say a guy who gets a ton of tripple doubles and around 10 assists a night is bad on O is crazy. I can't wait to see the hate hate hate hate hate hate when he has a random slump this year.

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 02:10:45 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Exciting game last night.  Kind of surprised it took Rondo to instruct the Cauley-Stein-Koufos switch at the end, rather than the coach.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:17:54 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2015, 03:04:51 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I have not seen any of the SAC games.  They have had injuries so it is hard to conclusive of how Rondo is playing.  This game was against Brooklyn, they did have Cousins, Rondo appears to have played well (at least statistically) but they also barely won at home.

It would not surprise me if Rondo individually and SAC team collectively plays better than 3-7.

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2015, 05:13:37 PM »

Offline saynomore

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 15
Rudy Gay missed this game due to gastroenteritis, Collison missing few games due to injury (basically no back up for Rondo). McLemore has been struggling since the season opening and woah Nets recently beat the Rockets. All I'm saying win is a win. Kings aren't playing well defensively yet, not much chemistry maybe cause they have many new guys in a roster.

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Did Rondo do something personal to some of you? I can't get over the hate on here for him. Odd that a pass first entertaining pg gets so much hate. I get the hate for bad guys, or floppers, or whiners but RR is none on those. It's like a lot of you decided long ago he was the problem and now when he plays well you can't acknowledge it because it would in some way make you wrong before. It's crazy. He plays his frickin heart out and does his best, why can't you be happy for him when he does well? It's sad.

Did Rondo do something *ahem* personal to YOU to make you want to come to his rescue?

There hasn't been any "hate" in this thread. Pointing out the team's record or Rondo's negative stats isn't hate, it's simply stating facts. Way to over-react!

And as far as Rondo being a winner, he wasn't...at least with this team. The Cs had a losing record with him on the court his last two years here. Once he's traded, the Cs started winning again. Coincidence? Probably not.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 05:50:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
....ballin' somewhere else, thankfully.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I still feel that this is the first time in a few years that Rondo has been healthy.

I also think that the added benefit of this year's training camp & preseason (after missing the past two seasons because of varying injuries) has helped him in learning the plays and developing the chemistry.

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2015, 07:06:18 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
so happy for Rondo!!
Crowder's D is unreal ???
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2015, 07:11:49 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Also. Would be great if we saw the development of the first dysfunctional family of the nba that just clicks. Like the Simpsons of the nba.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2015, 07:25:42 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Did Rondo do something personal to some of you? I can't get over the hate on here for him. Odd that a pass first entertaining pg gets so much hate. I get the hate for bad guys, or floppers, or whiners but RR is none on those. It's like a lot of you decided long ago he was the problem and now when he plays well you can't acknowledge it because it would in some way make you wrong before. It's crazy. He plays his frickin heart out and does his best, why can't you be happy for him when he does well? It's sad.

Did Rondo do something *ahem* personal to YOU to make you want to come to his rescue?

There hasn't been any "hate" in this thread. Pointing out the team's record or Rondo's negative stats isn't hate, it's simply stating facts. Way to over-react!

And as far as Rondo being a winner, he wasn't...at least with this team. The Cs had a losing record with him on the court his last two years here. Once he's traded, the Cs started winning again. Coincidence? Probably not.

By the time Rondo was traded, the Celtics were the 8th seeded team then they lost a ton of games until a few weeks before the all star break.

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yup, sure is.

And I'm happy for him, Coach Karl, Boogie and the rest of that team.

It was nice to watch the highlights on NBATV and see the crowd in SAC rooting for him.

He's FINALLY playing with some talent besides the carcasses of Tyson and Dirk in DAL.

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 07:45:51 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I still feel that this is the first time in a few years that Rondo has been healthy.  His problems seemed (to me) to start, not when he suffered that dislocation at the hands of Dwayne Wade in that Miami game, but when he was playing through plantar fasciitis (don't remember the year, but I think Ray Allen was still with the team).  I am a big fan of Rondo.  Happy to see him doing well.  I do not believe he was dogging it in Boston.  IMO, he was giving what his body allowed him to give at the time.  I truly hope he stays healthy.

Wade was just scared of Rondo stealing his All-NBA 1st team spot.

Had to set him back a few years.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale