Author Topic: Rondo is ballin....  (Read 6718 times)

Re: Rondo is ballin....
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2015, 09:55:50 AM »

Offline saynomore

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 15
so happy for Rondo!!

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 10:07:01 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'm happy for rondo too. Three triple doubles in 4 games. [dang].

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
It's cool to see him taking on a large role with a team again.

Though he is playing around 44 minutes a game, and the Kings defense stinks.  Meaning: grain of salt.

Yep. I think this is where he is most effective. Rondo needs the ball to be able to contribute for your team.

Happy for him. If he's trying to get one final big payday, he's on the right track.

I want him back so bad. More than I want PP back even. We don't really need another guard because we have a lot of good ones, but, Ive said it before and I'll say it again: Rondo is a winner and anyone who bets against him is a loser.

Aren't the Kings like 2-7 and on the verge of self-destruction?

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 10:17:10 AM »

Offline saynomore

• Xavier Tillman
2-7 yeah ofc but it's a thread mostly about Rondo, but if you wanna talk about the Kings: west, tough schedule, lot a new guys, injuries. it's surely aren't helped them

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 10:33:05 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
2-7 yeah ofc but it's a thread mostly about Rondo, but if you wanna talk about the Kings: west, tough schedule, lot a new guys, injuries. it's surely aren't helped them
and neither, evidently, has rondo. clearly, rondo has not significantly moved the "win needle" for the kings.

rondo is averaging nice numbers this year in points (13), assists (9), and rebounds (7). but, as ever, he has painfully obvious flaws as well.

his 3 pt% is very poor (27.2%) and his ft% is ghastly (35%, last night he bricked a pair of free throws in a very close game.)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He had big stats for us last year before he was traded.  The problem is that he's a liability without the basketball.  If he plays 44 minutes and controls the ball the entire time, he'll get big stats.  But that limits your offense.

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
1. I'm surprised Rondo is doing this well. I had written him off.

2. He's doing well but not great. He's 13/7/9 which is a great stat line. But then consider that his team isn't winning, he's averaging almost 4 TOs a game and his true shooting percentage is a dismal - and I do mean DISMAL - .449. He's hitting 27% from behind the arc and 35% of his free throws. He's still a black hole when it comes to moving the basketball, pacing and how his lack of shooting/penetration impacts how an opposing defense can choose to focus on other players which hinders the overall offense.

So good for him...but I'm glad he's not on this team.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 10:46:14 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He had big stats for us last year before he was traded.  The problem is that he's a liability without the basketball.  If he plays 44 minutes and controls the ball the entire time, he'll get big stats.  But that limits your offense.

That Rondo needs to play 44-48 minutes and have the ball every time down the court is a sign of how limited Sacramento's offense is right now, not a sign of Rondo limiting it.  It was a two-man game most of last night with Rondo and Boogie, since Gay and Collison were out.

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 11:16:25 AM »

Offline NHHillbilly

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20

1. I'm surprised Rondo is doing this well. I had written him off.

2. He's doing well but not great. He's 13/7/9 which is a great stat line. But then consider that his team isn't winning, he's averaging almost 4 TOs a game and his true shooting percentage is a dismal - and I do mean DISMAL - .449. He's hitting 27% from behind the arc and 35% of his free throws. He's still a black hole when it comes to moving the basketball, pacing and how his lack of shooting/penetration impacts how an opposing defense can choose to focus on other players which hinders the overall offense.

So good for him...but I'm glad he's not on this team.

I can't agree that this is "well but not great".  Individual stats are not the measure:  team wins are the measure.  If Rondo is not helping the team win, he is not doing well.  It may not be his fault (coaching, other players, work to blend in), but the stats you show are not "doing well".  He should have more assists, the team he's on has enough finishers.  It is his fault that he can't fix the free throw shooting.  Maybe he should go underhand like Rick Barry:  couldn't do any worse than he is now.

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2015, 11:24:26 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
He looks to be a lot healthier right now.  Could be a matter of finally being fully recovered.  Given the timetable of his injury, it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
He looks to be a lot healthier right now.  Could be a matter of finally being fully recovered.  Given the timetable of his injury, it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

I agree with this ^ Rondo is finally attacking the rim with confidence, exploding past his guy, and finishing at an elite level.

Those of you that claim this was just another "empty" triple-double clearly didn't watch the game last night. Rondo carried that team for stretches, particularly in the second quarter when Cousins was in foul trouble.

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Did Rondo do something personal to some of you? I can't get over the hate on here for him. Odd that a pass first entertaining pg gets so much hate. I get the hate for bad guys, or floppers, or whiners but RR is none on those. It's like a lot of you decided long ago he was the problem and now when he plays well you can't acknowledge it because it would in some way make you wrong before. It's crazy. He plays his frickin heart out and does his best, why can't you be happy for him when he does well? It's sad.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I agree with this ^ Rondo is finally attacking the rim with confidence, exploding past his guy, and finishing at an elite level.

This is what I have noticed watching his games, more than anything.  He is attacking the rim like he used to pre-injury.  This was something we didn't see very much the last few seasons.

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 12:10:22 PM »

Offline saynomore

• Xavier Tillman
Did Rondo do something personal to some of you? I can't get over the hate on here for him. Odd that a pass first entertaining pg gets so much hate. I get the hate for bad guys, or floppers, or whiners but RR is none on those. It's like a lot of you decided long ago he was the problem and now when he plays well you can't acknowledge it because it would in some way make you wrong before. It's crazy. He plays his frickin heart out and does his best, why can't you be happy for him when he does well? It's sad.

Exactly my feeling, I can't understand it. So much negativity, people are always trying to find any flaw in his game or attitude, some mistakes has to be named (like everyone else is perf). Apart of everything you've mentioned, he is really calm as player/person and always givin credit to his teammates (in Boston he gave pretty much a lot credit to KG and PP, now to Cousins) it's great

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 12:23:10 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
You watched his free throw shooting and you say he did his best
then you are lying to youself