Author Topic: Rondo is ballin....  (Read 6714 times)

Rondo is ballin....
« on: November 14, 2015, 12:28:08 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
three triple doubles this week. He is definitely playing for a contract. Mighty funny what a little pressure does to his focus. Looks like SacTown is going to get a full dose of playoff Rondo this season.

Re: Rondo is ballin....
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 12:38:24 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
He has shown himself to be not all that driven by money.  He's probably got more motivation
from a losing record (an unhappy boogie) and maybe to show Rick Carlisle something...

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 12:41:53 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Idk if it's the contract or that he's playing with his friends (Cousins, Gay). I definitely think Karl let's him play and do his own thing more. While Carlisle is a great coach, he tends to be harder on PGs.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 12:48:00 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's cool to see him taking on a large role with a team again.

Though he is playing around 44 minutes a game, and the Kings defense stinks.  Meaning: grain of salt.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 12:52:03 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
one of the most exciting players to watch when he is on his game. I may now have to add Kings games to my viewing list. Already have Boston and Nets.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 01:14:19 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I for one am thrilled for Rondo.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 04:02:18 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
didn't watch King's game's but Rondo's states not thrilled for me
He had proved that he can get triple doubles (not to mention play full time)
It's his "playstyle"(ex. no defense/slow pace) that kills the team and make him out of town
unless they keep winning and Rondo be a big part of it his "reputation" will not change

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 05:04:17 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It's his "playstyle"(ex. no defense/slow pace) that kills the team and make him out of town
unless they keep winning and Rondo be a big part of it his "reputation" will not change

If you didn't watch the game, then you probably shouldn't comment about something you didn't see.  He was playing with the energy that sent him to multiple all-star games.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 05:30:26 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37

Currently, Sacramento are have the 3rd most fast break points per game, and are 3rd fastest pace team in the league. Rondo has been a big part of that, along with Karls coaching style even though they play big all the time with DMC at PF.

Also, whilst Rondo's defense has been nothing to rave about, the Kings transition defense has been horrible thanks to the bigs crashing the offensive glass and not running back, and the rotations equally as bad due to a high amount of switching which has caught players out (i.e Rudy Gay).

Rondo showed he can play defense in spurts last year for the Mavs locking down CP3 and Westbrook (along with his 4 x nba defense accolades), although with him running the offense and playing high minutes seems like he conserves his energy for better or worse (a lot of the time worse). If he put in his full effort defensively every night along with his current offensive performance, he would be a near superstar.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 06:28:14 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

If you didn't watch the game, then you probably shouldn't comment about something you didn't see.  He was playing with the energy that sent him to multiple all-star games.
I comment only on the things i saw- the states, which not so impressive while they keep losing

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 08:49:43 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I comment only on the things i saw- the states, which not so impressive while they keep losing

The "states"?  LOL!

Which states exactly? Iowa, Nebraska, Kentucky?

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 08:53:03 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I am happy for Rondo, he looks like he is enjoying playing basketball again. He did not look like he was having a whole lot of fun the last few years.

Nice to see one of my favorite players playing well again.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 09:19:41 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Though he is playing around 44 minutes a game, and the Kings defense stinks.  Meaning: grain of salt.

Yep. I think this is where he is most effective. Rondo needs the ball to be able to contribute for your team.

Happy for him. If he's trying to get one final big payday, he's on the right track.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 09:46:40 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I still feel that this is the first time in a few years that Rondo has been healthy.  His problems seemed (to me) to start, not when he suffered that dislocation at the hands of Dwayne Wade in that Miami game, but when he was playing through plantar fasciitis (don't remember the year, but I think Ray Allen was still with the team).  I am a big fan of Rondo.  Happy to see him doing well.  I do not believe he was dogging it in Boston.  IMO, he was giving what his body allowed him to give at the time.  I truly hope he stays healthy.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2015, 09:49:07 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123

Yep. I think this is where he is most effective. Rondo needs the ball to be able to contribute for your team.

Happy for him. If he's trying to get one final big payday, he's on the right track.

I want him back so bad. More than I want PP back even. We don't really need another guard because we have a lot of good ones, but, Ive said it before and I'll say it again: Rondo is a winner and anyone who bets against him is a loser.