Author Topic: What would other teams trade for DMC ?  (Read 2262 times)

Re: What would other teams trade for DMC ?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 04:52:18 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Agree with PhoSita: Washington as a potential scenario makes a ton of sense.

I would love it.  I've always wanted to see Wall and Cousins playing together again.

Oh man, then the other shoe drops and Durant joins them...that team would be sick!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 05:27:50 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Magic, Sixers, Wolves, and Lakers could all theoretically top a Boston offer and not decimate their teams (i.e. realistic offers for both teams).

I'm not sure we can put the Lakers in there, the way D1 Russell is looking...   Randle has been solid, but certainly not the kind of needle-mover to build a package around.

And while I agree Philly & Minn can both put together great offers -- I'm not sure philosophically if either would want to.   Like another poster said, no way you bring Boogie into a tanked team.   He'll never resign and they'll have lost Jahil for nothing.   With Minny, since they've caught lightening in a bottle with KG et al, I don't think they make any in-season moves regardless of the terms.  You just can't value Wiggins/Towns this early.   

Which, should leave us & Orlando to bid for Boogie.   

Honestly I think both teams already are.    I feel like, three weeks ago the Magic easily trump our offer, but now that the reality of that BK 16 pick is setting in we are becoming the favorites.  While all the Magic pieces are nice -- really isn't any one who has bonafide all-nba potential.  That bk first though ...different story.  If Vlade is smart, and he is, he'll drag things out until the BK pick can be more accurately forecast before making any decision.  That said, I also think Ainge needs a third team to add some talent to the offer because it's just tough to get too excited about a package headlined by Marcus Smart...
Boogie is signed through 2017/8, so the Sixers would have 2 years past this one to put a team around him.  I think they would be able to do that just fine even if they just used their current assets.  I mean lets say the trade is Okafor + Thompson (or some other decent minimum guy) for Cousins.  The Sixers sweeten the trade with the Lakers pick and they remove the rights to swap with Sacto in the future.  Maybe they even throw in the Heat and/or Thunder picks.  That would still leave the Sixers with their own pick, plus they have the rights to Saric and Embiid.  All of a sudden the Sixers trot out a lineup next year of Cousins, Noel, Saric, Stauskas, Wroten plus Embiid, Covington, Sampson, Grant, Canaan, and the Rookie (maybe Jamal Murray/Malik Newman - PG of future).  That is a clear playoff team in the East and they haven't even begun to use any of their massive cap space to upgrade the starting PG.  Maybe a guy like Conley sees the upside potential of that team and signs there.  All of a sudden they go from clear playoff team to clear contender. 

For the record, Boston is similarly positioned only Boston doesn't have a true A+ prospect to include the trade, which is what sets Philly apart.  Philly has both Okafor and Noel plus a wealth of draft picks that matches Boston (or at least gets close enough).  Sadly, Smart is just not the asset Okafor and Noel are. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Agree with PhoSita: Washington as a potential scenario makes a ton of sense.

I would love it.  I've always wanted to see Wall and Cousins playing together again.

But Randy Wittman would have to go. Right?

Maybe that'd finally be the right time for Cal to come back to the NBA.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 07:03:20 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

For example, if the Wizards offered Nene (expiring), Bradley Beal, Otto Porter, and Ramon Sessions, plus a couple future picks, for Cousins, Collison, and Caron Butler, isn't that really attractive deal for the Kings?

Beal would go the Monroe route to UFA in SAC. So that package actually bites, especially considering their picks would be in the late teens / twenties. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

For example, if the Wizards offered Nene (expiring), Bradley Beal, Otto Porter, and Ramon Sessions, plus a couple future picks, for Cousins, Collison, and Caron Butler, isn't that really attractive deal for the Kings?

Beal would go the Monroe route to UFA in SAC. So that package actually bites, especially considering their picks would be in the late teens / twenties.
I don't know if Beal would go the Monroe route, but I don't see that as all that attractive to the Kings.  There are no A+ level assets in that trade.  Beal and Porter are nice players, but they aren't stars.  Plus the Kings give up Collison, which just doesn't make sense (you trade Rondo not Collison in that type of trade). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 11:12:50 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I don't see why the kings would think they could trade DMC and be in win now mode. Maybe if they start winning some games first, but if they start winning they wouldn't be trading him. If we could trade Lee and picks, basically just plugging DMC in and if he bought into CBS's system I think we would be contenders.

Also, any team trading for DMC would have to think they have a good shot at being contenders right away or else it wouldn't be worht it given DMC's track record of being a problem.

What I really want to know is how much we would have to give up to be top bidder in a DMC trade.

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2015, 06:34:49 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
1. ok I know there is a merged thread. But I feel my question is a bit different and people stop reading after 5 pages in.

2. If DMC is the real deal, adding a top center to our team would make us contenders.

3. We can all speculate on what w would give up for Big Cuz, but the real question is what is the market value? If he demanded out or Sac decided to move on, what would other teams offer? I only watch Celtics games so I don't really know. I would love to hear what everyone thinks!

Nope, same thing to be honest. The reason they merged the thread originally, is because there is so many threads all speculating the possibility of Boogie being traded, there are a few posts talking about which team could also make competent offers.

Adding DMC wouldn't make us contenders, we still need to work on improving our 3 pt shooting.

The teams that could rival us in trade assets or chips, is the Magic, and 76ers could definitely pony up decent assets for Boogie.

I think we'd could nab 2nd in the East with Cousins- not true title contenders as you point out, but very solid and looking to add more stars.
Not that hard with Chicago and Atlanta as our biggest competition.
You are right though that we'd need to improve our three point shooting overall to get there.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.