Author Topic: What would other teams trade for DMC ?  (Read 2302 times)

What would other teams trade for DMC ?
« on: November 12, 2015, 01:27:35 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
1. ok I know there is a merged thread. But I feel my question is a bit different and people stop reading after 5 pages in.

2. If DMC is the real deal, adding a top center to our team would make us contenders.

3. We can all speculate on what w would give up for Big Cuz, but the real question is what is the market value? If he demanded out or Sac decided to move on, what would other teams offer? I only watch Celtics games so I don't really know. I would love to hear what everyone thinks!

Re: What would other teams trade for DMC ?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
1. ok I know there is a merged thread. But I feel my question is a bit different and people stop reading after 5 pages in.

2. If DMC is the real deal, adding a top center to our team would make us contenders.

3. We can all speculate on what w would give up for Big Cuz, but the real question is what is the market value? If he demanded out or Sac decided to move on, what would other teams offer? I only watch Celtics games so I don't really know. I would love to hear what everyone thinks!

Nope, same thing to be honest. The reason they merged the thread originally, is because there is so many threads all speculating the possibility of Boogie being traded, there are a few posts talking about which team could also make competent offers.

Adding DMC wouldn't make us contenders, we still need to work on improving our 3 pt shooting.

The teams that could rival us in trade assets or chips, is the Magic, and 76ers could definitely pony up decent assets for Boogie.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 01:46:08 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Magic, Sixers, Wolves, and Lakers could all theoretically top a Boston offer and not decimate their teams (i.e. realistic offers for both teams).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Magic, Sixers, Wolves, and Lakers could all theoretically top a Boston offer and not decimate their teams (i.e. realistic offers for both teams).

What could the Wolves pony up for DMC though? They clearly like their young roster.

Lakers could also, but I think they seem like they really do like Randle and Russell.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 02:19:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Pretty much any team that doesn't already have a player of Cousins' caliber will be prepared to offer a boatload of assets for him.

If the Kings are interested in winning now rather than later, I would expect them to prioritize packages that include players that can help them win now over packages centered around draft picks.

For example, if the Wizards offered Nene (expiring), Bradley Beal, Otto Porter, and Ramon Sessions, plus a couple future picks, for Cousins, Collison, and Caron Butler, isn't that really attractive deal for the Kings?

Reuniting Wall and Cousins could be fantastic for Washington, and they could still create space for Durant.

With Cousins my concern is that I think he needs to go somewhere that already has a player in the locker room that has the resume and the personality to tell Cousins to calm down and not talk so much.  He needs somebody else to be the alpha dog, somebody with the talent and track record of winning that Cousins will respect.  For that reason, I'm not sure Boston is the best place for him to go.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:24:49 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 02:22:53 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
With Cousins my concern is that I think he needs to go somewhere that already has a player in the locker room that has the resume and the personality to tell Cousins to calm down and not talk so much.  He needs somebody else to be the alpha dog, somebody with the talent and track record of winning that Cousins will respect.  For that reason, I'm not sure Boston is the best place for him to go.

I can most certainly agree with this.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 02:27:37 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

I don't think that's true at all.  All of them would have to decimate their teams to top a Boston offer.  Boston is currently in the best position to make a big trade without decimating their whole team.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 03:03:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

What could the Wolves pony up for DMC though? They clearly like their young roster.

Lakers could also, but I think they seem like they really do like Randle and Russell.
Towns. who if you have Cousins becomes less important.  Towns and Kevin Martin for Cousins works financially.  Towns is better than anything Boston has to offer given the shear unknown nature of future picks.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 03:03:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I don't think that's true at all.  All of them would have to decimate their teams to top a Boston offer.  Boston is currently in the best position to make a big trade without decimating their whole team.
Magic are one I hadnt thought of.

I mean Hezonja/Harris/Gordon + Vucevic would be interesting.
LA would have to be Randle + Russel --> I guess it makes sense?
Philly would have to be Jahlil ---> doubt they do it. Demarcus is a tanking op = disaster
Minnesota makes no sense. --> really it doesnt
Boston would be Brk '16/Smart + mid firsts + Lee + young dudes. --> Makes sense

All in all I dont think they trade him for a long time.

I mean after he freaked out at the coach they came in and asked the team if they thought Karl should be fired!!!

The denied Karl the right to suspend Cousins! If things come to blow with the HC situation or any situation they will just try to appease Cousins, not trade him.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 03:06:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Magic are one I hadnt thought of.

I mean Hezonja/Harris/Gordon + Vucevic would be interesting.
LA would have to be Randle + Russel --> I guess it makes sense?
Philly would have to be Jahlil ---> doubt they do it. Demarcus is a tanking op = disaster
Minnesota makes no sense. --> really it doesnt
Boston would be Brk '16/Smart + mid firsts + Lee + young dudes. --> Makes sense

All in all I dont think they trade him for a long time.

I mean after he freaked out at the coach they came in and asked the team if they thought Karl should be fired!!!

The denied Karl the right to suspend Cousins! If things come to blow with the HC situation or any situation they will just try to appease Cousins, not trade him.
Towns and Martin for Cousins actually makes some sense for Minnesota.  It gives them a much better offensive player down low than they currently have and pushes them into a clear playoff spot.  And it isn't like Cousins is an old man.  They would still have Wiggins and Cousins for a decade, but would be much more relevant now.

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 03:30:01 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

I'm not sure we can put the Lakers in there, the way D1 Russell is looking...   Randle has been solid, but certainly not the kind of needle-mover to build a package around.

And while I agree Philly & Minn can both put together great offers -- I'm not sure philosophically if either would want to.   Like another poster said, no way you bring Boogie into a tanked team.   He'll never resign and they'll have lost Jahil for nothing.   With Minny, since they've caught lightening in a bottle with KG et al, I don't think they make any in-season moves regardless of the terms.  You just can't value Wiggins/Towns this early.   

Which, should leave us & Orlando to bid for Boogie.   

Honestly I think both teams already are.    I feel like, three weeks ago the Magic easily trump our offer, but now that the reality of that BK 16 pick is setting in we are becoming the favorites.  While all the Magic pieces are nice -- really isn't any one who has bonafide all-nba potential.  That bk first though ...different story.  If Vlade is smart, and he is, he'll drag things out until the BK pick can be more accurately forecast before making any decision.  That said, I also think Ainge needs a third team to add some talent to the offer because it's just tough to get too excited about a package headlined by Marcus Smart...

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Agree with PhoSita: Washington as a potential scenario makes a ton of sense.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 03:49:15 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Towns. who if you have Cousins becomes less important.  Towns and Kevin Martin for Cousins works financially.  Towns is better than anything Boston has to offer given the shear unknown nature of future picks.
Completely agree with you on Towns being more than enough. If I'm Minnesota, I don't do that deal though, Towns has already looked so good so early into his career, with him being cost controlled I hang onto him.

People mentioned the Wizards package. Could they really fit Cousins in and still make more room to fit Durant?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I would love it.  I've always wanted to see Wall and Cousins playing together again.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 04:21:44 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I would love it.  I've always wanted to see Wall and Cousins playing together again.

But Randy Wittman would have to go. Right?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague