Poll

Avery, Zeller, Kelly, Young Three firsts for Cousins

Yes. No question. Have to do it.
23 (63.9%)
No.
13 (36.1%)
I would even trade the Nets pick this year.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Poll: Do You make this DMC trade.  (Read 2239 times)

Re: Poll: Do You make this DMC trade.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 10:36:32 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Bostons 2016, Minny's 2016, and Dallas 2016 plus four players For DMC we keep all of the Nets picks.

Kings ain't budging without that Nets pick if it lands in top 5, for sure.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Why not just wait to see if SAC starts losing a bunch do to the dysfunctional relationship between Boogie and coach Karl?

Half way through the season, DMC's value stays about the same, but the Minny pick (if they continue to win), and the Dallas pick (if they stay status quo) all of a sudden has far greater value.

We then offer a combination of 2 of the other 3 first-rounders (MIN/DAL/BOS) and dangle the nets 2018. If it also takes throwing in the Philly 2nd rounder, which likely ends up #1 overall in round two, that is 4 pretty solid 1st round darts for the kings to throw at the board. Free's their cap up a little bit as we would include David Lee+filler for matching salaries.

If they see no way of working things out with Boogie, I don't see many other teams at that point being willing to top with their only high lottery ticket for the "risk". I also think Stevens is the best possible coaching situation compared to a NYK, LAL type of team, where Cousins isn't necessarily kept in check. Stevens has respect from stars in the league already, and if he coaches the Olympic team, he will be doing some major recruiting to possibly pair another FA with Boogie (assuming we land him), and then the Net's pick is also still ours to make, along with one other 1st-rounder.

If that isn't a team that can do some damage in next years playoffs, I don't know what is.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
DMC is going nowhere. Kings just have to string together a few more wins and they can be a good team