Author Topic: How much of a drop are Jaylen Brown/Brandon Ingram from Ben Simmons?  (Read 13178 times)

Re: How much of a drop are Jaylen Brown/Brandon Ingram from Ben Simmons?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 07:37:22 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
We might see Ingram overtake Simmons as the consensus #1 in 6 months.  Dude is a baller.
I think that Ingram, Brown and Labissiere all have significant top 10 NBA player potential.

I also think Malik Pope might sneak into the top 10, and would be a good gamble with the Dallas pick if his knees check out the medical testing. Some real good opps to get a franchise SF in this draft.
Plenty of scorers.
I just want a scorer with a killer mentality +work ethic.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who likes Malik Pope. I also think he's an excellent choice for our second pick.

Mike

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 09:19:30 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I think I've got versatility fatigue.  Give me a pure SF.  Give me Ingram for offense and Poetl for defense.  Even better, give me Skal Lab and then give me Jaylen Brown when he falls to 10 for some silly reason.

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 09:38:29 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'm not worried about Ingram being skinny right now. He's 18 years old. He'll put on weight. Citing Kevin Durant's current injury situation seems a bit odd since he played 541 of a possible 558 games over the first 7 years of his career before getting some injuries last season that haven't been related to being too skinny. Ingram should be fine.

I would like an explosive wing as much as anyone but I also think Labissiere would be a great pickup for us. A long, athletic center with shot blocking potential and a smooth J would be great. But he's a guy who definitely needs to put on some weight.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 10:07:51 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I would be happy with any 4 of these young sfs

But Ingram and his rail thin body worries me. Look at Durant now getting injured frequently

The good thing about Ingram compared to Durant is that Ingram plays at a slower pace than Durant. He also has much wider shoulders and should be able to put muscle on.
I think Ingram is more like a better shooting version of Tayshaun Prince than Durant...but in a good way.
Anyway I think he's got potential to put on muscle and his game is less stressful on his body.
Ingram should develop more physically since he is a year younger than Simmons and nearly so  Brown.

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 04:49:41 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
We might see Ingram overtake Simmons as the consensus #1 in 6 months.  Dude is a baller.
I think that Ingram, Brown and Labissiere all have significant top 10 NBA player potential.

I also think Malik Pope might sneak into the top 10, and would be a good gamble with the Dallas pick if his knees check out the medical testing. Some real good opps to get a franchise SF in this draft.
Plenty of scorers.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who likes Malik Pope. I also think he's an excellent choice for our second pick.

Mike

Pope looked really bad against Utah, unfortunately he is very likely to be a bust imo. I sure hope not though.

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 05:33:51 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Plenty of scorers.

Mike

Pope looked really bad against Utah, unfortunately he is very likely to be a bust imo. I sure hope not though.

TP. Can everyone post up reviews of college games with first rounders in them which they  happen to be watching. So I can do work instead of checking Boxscores for Texas A &M. K Thnks bye!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 06:47:20 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Skal or bust.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 07:03:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Brandon Ingram is a big drop off from Ben until he bulks up some.  Did you watch the KY Duke game, he had one good move but he looked silky smooth on the other ones.   I think he will be a player at the end of the year though but Simmons can do it all.

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 08:24:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
There's plenty of talent in this draft to drool over considering the Nets are looking as bad as I predicted -- bottom 5 team.  Heck, they look bad enough to be a bottom 3 team for that matter. 

we're going to be very excited on draft day with at least 3 picks in the first round.  I still don't see Dallas making the playoffs in the West regardless of their current record.  The plus side of their good start is that when they miss the playoffs, they're record won't be in the bottom 7 so that pick's coming our way.

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2015, 08:36:29 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

Plenty of scorers.

Mike

TP. Can everyone post up reviews of college games with first rounders in them which they  happen to be watching. So I can do work instead of checking Boxscores for Texas A &M. K Thnks bye!

We've actually got that thread going, but it hasn't gotten a lot of posts:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=81214.0

Mike

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 08:41:07 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Plenty of scorers.

I don't see that happening AT ALL.  Maybe there will be some people saying Ingram just to be contrarian, just like we heard with Wiggins (who clearly was deserving of #1.)  But barring injury, no one is passing over Simmons.  It's not 2013 when there was no obvious candidate.  I think it's much more likely that Ingram gets leaped by a player or two, because he's just so wiry.

Michigan has two sleeper small forwards to keep an eye on.  Both are probably 2017 prospects, since defense is a major issue for both (they make James Young look good at it), but they have the potential to make the leap.  Aubrey Dawkins and Duncan Robinson.  Dawkins is a lights out shooter from 3 who will give you highlight dunks.  Robinson is an interesting player -- late bloomer in high school who went to Williams for a year and then transferred to Michigan.  Rumors are he broke all of Stauskas' shooting records in practice.  He's 6'8" with in-the-gym range.  I've started to see Dawkins (Jonny Dawkins' actual son, unlike Andre Dawkins) creep into the back of the first round in a few mocks, so we'll see if that continues.  His dunks are YouTube worthy -- I highly recommend checking some out.

EDIT: I totally forgot about Michigan's other SF prospect, Zak Irvin.  He was in the top 1 of some early mocks for last year's draft, and then completely underperformed.  The the last 10 games he started filling up the box score with rebounds, assists, and steals, in addition to scoring from inside and out, looking like the player people thought he'd be.  Unfortunately, he got hurt this summer and needed back surgery. He's only just returned from it, and looks rusty, but he's another one to watch out for if he rounds back to form, and was the highest rated (5-star to some services) coming out of high school.  He typically plays the 4, because Michigan loves small ball, but he's very much a small forward prospect.

Sorry to go off on a tangent from your post, Chambers.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 09:01:20 AM by saltlover »

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 09:24:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Plenty of scorers.

I don't see that happening AT ALL.  Maybe there will be some people saying Ingram just to be contrarian, just like we heard with Wiggins (who clearly was deserving of #1.)  But barring injury, no one is passing over Simmons.  It's not 2013 when there was no obvious candidate.  I think it's much more likely that Ingram gets leaped by a player or two, because he's just so wiry.

Michigan has two sleeper small forwards to keep an eye on.  Both are probably 2017 prospects, since defense is a major issue for both (they make James Young look good at it), but they have the potential to make the leap.  Aubrey Dawkins and Duncan Robinson.  Dawkins is a lights out shooter from 3 who will give you highlight dunks.  Robinson is an interesting player -- late bloomer in high school who went to Williams for a year and then transferred to Michigan.  Rumors are he broke all of Stauskas' shooting records in practice.  He's 6'8" with in-the-gym range.  I've started to see Dawkins (Jonny Dawkins' actual son, unlike Andre Dawkins) creep into the back of the first round in a few mocks, so we'll see if that continues.  His dunks are YouTube worthy -- I highly recommend checking some out.

EDIT: I totally forgot about Michigan's other SF prospect, Zak Irvin.  He was in the top 1 of some early mocks for last year's draft, and then completely underperformed.  The the last 10 games he started filling up the box score with rebounds, assists, and steals, in addition to scoring from inside and out, looking like the player people thought he'd be.  Unfortunately, he got hurt this summer and needed back surgery. He's only just returned from it, and looks rusty, but he's another one to watch out for if he rounds back to form, and was the highest rated (5-star to some services) coming out of high school.  He typically plays the 4, because Michigan loves small ball, but he's very much a small forward prospect.

Sorry to go off on a tangent from your post, Chambers.

I dont see it either.

I rather choose simmons or brown . or trade down for Justin Jackson, who like ingram is thin but at least is quick like prince.

Ingram is a classic tweener . unfortunately is rail thin and not explosive or quick.   

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 03:50:05 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Watched some recent Ben Simmons highlights and was blown away. I like Skal a lot but Simmons is just so much more poised. Everyone talks about athleticism but coordination is just as important for an NBA player. He's a super athlete but his body control is also amazing.

I'm letting myself get ahead of myself and I should stop.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 03:54:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think I've got versatility fatigue.  Give me a pure SF.  Give me Ingram for offense and Poetl for defense.  Even better, give me Skal Lab and then give me Jaylen Brown when he falls to 10 for some silly reason.

+1 for Lab and Brown. They would be awesome additions.

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I was not impressed by Ingram when I watched Duke in his first game. Posters on here who are going to watch him will compare him to Jeff Green (just like any other wing who fades in and out of games gets compared to him).

Ben Simmons is in his own class ahead of everyone else in the draft.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19