Author Topic: Would you take DMC AND Gay if Sacramento blew it up?  (Read 3288 times)

Re: Would you take DMC AND Gay if Sacramento blew it up?
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
But wait THERE IS MORE

Owner is an absolute idiot.  They sound screwed as long as he's running the show.

I think you pin pointed the TRUE answer to why the KINGS forever suck. .

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2015, 05:32:13 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Yes I would take both players, but I'm not giving up much for Rudy Gay. I'm hesitant to give up our 2016 Brooklyn 1st. I'd rather offer SAC the better pick of the 2017 swap between us and Brooklyn; as well as the 2018 Brooklyn 1st.

Due to previous trades (picks owed to CHI & PHILLY), I think Sacramento has incentive to complete a trade for Cousins now:

1) Sacramento owes it's 2016 1st round pick to the Bulls if the pick is between selections 11-30. The Sixers have the right to swap 2016 1st round picks with the Kings (if the pick is between selections 1-10). Philly could swap if Sac ends up with a better lottery pick.

2) If Sac doesn't convey a pick to the Bulls this year, they will be obligated to in 2017 (if the pick fall between selections 11-30). Once again, Philly would have the right to swap picks with Sacramento.

Philly would have an incentive to be better than the Kings in 2017 so they could complete the swap!

3) The Kings traded their 2018 1st round pick to Philly (protected for selections 1-10). If the pick isn't conveyed in 2018--it becomes an UNPROTECTED 2019 1ST ROUND PICK.

If the Kings trade Cousins now, they could compete with Philly & Brooklyn for worst record in 2016, 2017, & 2018. By 2019, they'd have a team likely comprised of 3 lottery picks (of their own), plus whatever we send them in the Cousins trade.

Hopefully by then they'd at least have a Minnesota-esque team put together for the 2019 season, and be ready to surrender their 2019 1st round pick

Philly was so lucky to take advantage of Divac with this move. Imagine if we would've done that instead and had the opportunity to switch our pick with Sacramento this year, in addition to having the Brooklyn pick!

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2015, 05:41:56 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I d wait till Kings are more desspert to unload,him.

I wait till,it becomes unbearable ......like Howard eventually they have to capitulate.

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 06:15:26 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Kings coach George Karl wanted to suspend DeMarcus Cousins for two games following Tuesday morning’s team meeting, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2015, 06:19:53 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
The things people get on Cousins about that happen behind the scenes have gone on forever with many other star players, the difference is the Kings are a crappy organization with more leaks than the Titanic!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2015, 06:54:41 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
The things people get on Cousins about that happen behind the scenes have gone on forever with many other star players, the difference is the Kings are a crappy organization with more leaks than the Titanic!

Yep. I'd really like to see how he would do in a stable organization like the C's.