Author Topic: Brook Lopez Trade idea  (Read 1908 times)

Re: Brook Lopez Trade idea
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 02:54:21 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
No thanks. I don't want that injury waiting to happen on our squad.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Just don't understand the CB fascination with the guy. 

Usually starts with "If he's healthy....."   

Well, problem is that he's injury prone.  Like Koz mentioned earlier, you really want to sink the resources that it would take to get hi, to actually get him?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 03:32:19 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

Usually starts with "If he's healthy....."   

Well, problem is that he's injury prone.  Like Koz mentioned earlier, you really want to sink the resources that it would take to get hi, to actually get him?

the only resource giving up is money and in the scheme its not that bad even.

$20mil next 3 yrs(counting this year) which we still have most of our guys under good contracts, only guy we lose is crowder and possibly amir & sully depending on offers and what not. AND we will be under 70 mil with the cap going way up soon!?!  His contract timing works because it will be the same time most of guys contracts end too...then we can decide who to pay or not to pay.

If he gets hurt and cant play we are going to be the same as we currently are, we are only losing lee and turner. We will still have that top pick from the nets as well.

Yea we could save the money and throw it top players for them to politely tell us no.

In my eyes its a gamble in which we either get better or stay about the same...we won't get worse PLUS still have that top pick and could trade others ie(any of sully/KO/Zeller).

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 03:45:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I think it's a product of the starting centers the Celts have had for the past like ... well ... since Parish, I guess?

Nobody manning that position for the Celts has been a legit half-court interior scoring presence in a very long time.  We got a taste of it with Shaq, but he was basically washed up.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 04:00:27 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
if i were a contender desperate for offense i might consider it.

but we're not, and his contract could cripple us for years to come.

if anything i'd be worried that, by trading for lopez, we're hurting our own brooklyn pick this year by giving them lee and other able-bodied players. it might be better for us if they just keep lopez, let hollins overplay him, and he gets injured, sending them even deeper into a death spiral.

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 07:27:52 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I think I rather think about trading our Brooklyn pick along with David Lee for DeMarcus Cousins.

Lopez too injury prone. And why help Brooklyn lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)