Author Topic: Celtics (2-3) at Bucks (4-3) Game #6 11/10/15  (Read 36163 times)

Re: Celtics (2-3) at Bucks (4-3) Game #6 11/10/15
« Reply #435 on: November 10, 2015, 11:36:21 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Great 42 minutes of play after a slow first 6 or so minutes.  I'm really happy with this game.  Put up 99 points so far even with IT playing like garbage.  Even better is that we held the Bucks to 83 points on 41% shooting.

Key point here. Even with a bad shooting IT we won by 16. Big. CBS finding those rotations that work

I think IT4 has played poorly since the second half of last game, I thought he had a terrible 3rd Q last game and that's not considering shooting.

When you get double teamed often but are still able to quickly get the ball to another player, I can't say you are not playing well.

He has had turnovers, poor shooting, holds the ball too long and his defense makes everyone suck over to help which causes a ripple effect.

No one denies he can put the ball in the hole or pass it but to be blind to other things is weird.

idk I think he's made some good plays. Shots just weren't falling tonight it's not like he's taking bad shots but he got into the paint a lot which opened up the perimeter for our shooters. He's definitely a key cog on this team, it's a great sign that we can win by a large margin with him having an off night though

so how did you miss when I said it wasn't taking into account his poor shooting. I'm of the mindset a good shooter/scorer will have their off games, that doesn't bother me. I just think he gets a huge pass for other things that guys like ET get ripped for.

You mentioned poor shooting on your last post. But look I see what you're saying, I think part of is that IT is a better scorer so people care less when he goes hero ball... but yeah both are prone to their share of offensive dumb plays, though honestly I've seen Turner make some dumber plays overall (though thought he was extremely efficient tonight)

I only mentioned it because you answered my original post where I wasn't talking about his offense. Since the 3rd Q of the Wiz game, I just haven't liked what I was seeing and I'm not talking about his scoring. He does so many negative things that no one ever mentions, but people lay into ET every time he makes a mistake.

IT's turnovers have been on the high side this year, but he's also averaging 6 assists in only 30 minutes a night, along with 2 steals a game. 

He's certainly got some flaws in his game, but pretty much everybody does.  You can't underestimate how important he is to this team - the impact he has on offense.  We desperately need the offensive production he gives us, especially in clutch situations.

don't read things from my posts that aren't there, IT4 is one of my fave Celts, of course we need him offensively, we need a spark like him. I loved how we stole him from PHX for pennies. He has to also be looked at when he is not doing his most valuable thing. I'm not even talking about all season as I have said a few times, it's been from the 3rd Q of the wiz game until today.

I have no doubt that he will find his way but he has been struggling.

I know what you're saying, but I don't think there is anybody here who has ever tried to argue that Isaiah is the perfect player. 

I think we all recognize that he has his faults too.

He'll be fine though.  I really want Smart back so Thomas get come off the bench again.  I honestly think he is more effective in that role - not facing as tough defense, easier for him to remain efficient.

not saying people are saying that. I have said now multiple times that some people get a pass while others get bashed. it's about what they aren't saying. ET can make 5 great plays in a row but as soon as he makes a mistake, 5 comments pop up about it in a matter of seconds. ET turns the ball over and it's "he is terrible," IT4 does it and nothing.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #436 on: November 10, 2015, 11:47:16 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
What happened to KO's 3pt shot? He can't hit it to save his life! I can't believe he can be this bad after being really gd for a 7ftr his first 2 seasons (last 1 in college too).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #437 on: November 10, 2015, 11:55:01 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Great 42 minutes of play after a slow first 6 or so minutes.  I'm really happy with this game.  Put up 99 points so far even with IT playing like garbage.  Even better is that we held the Bucks to 83 points on 41% shooting.

Key point here. Even with a bad shooting IT we won by 16. Big. CBS finding those rotations that work

I think IT4 has played poorly since the second half of last game, I thought he had a terrible 3rd Q last game and that's not considering shooting.

When you get double teamed often but are still able to quickly get the ball to another player, I can't say you are not playing well.

He has had turnovers, poor shooting, holds the ball too long and his defense makes everyone suck over to help which causes a ripple effect.

No one denies he can put the ball in the hole or pass it but to be blind to other things is weird.

idk I think he's made some good plays. Shots just weren't falling tonight it's not like he's taking bad shots but he got into the paint a lot which opened up the perimeter for our shooters. He's definitely a key cog on this team, it's a great sign that we can win by a large margin with him having an off night though

so how did you miss when I said it wasn't taking into account his poor shooting. I'm of the mindset a good shooter/scorer will have their off games, that doesn't bother me. I just think he gets a huge pass for other things that guys like ET get ripped for.

You mentioned poor shooting on your last post. But look I see what you're saying, I think part of is that IT is a better scorer so people care less when he goes hero ball... but yeah both are prone to their share of offensive dumb plays, though honestly I've seen Turner make some dumber plays overall (though thought he was extremely efficient tonight)

I only mentioned it because you answered my original post where I wasn't talking about his offense. Since the 3rd Q of the Wiz game, I just haven't liked what I was seeing and I'm not talking about his scoring. He does so many negative things that no one ever mentions, but people lay into ET every time he makes a mistake.

IT's turnovers have been on the high side this year, but he's also averaging 6 assists in only 30 minutes a night, along with 2 steals a game. 

He's certainly got some flaws in his game, but pretty much everybody does.  You can't underestimate how important he is to this team - the impact he has on offense.  We desperately need the offensive production he gives us, especially in clutch situations.

don't read things from my posts that aren't there, IT4 is one of my fave Celts, of course we need him offensively, we need a spark like him. I loved how we stole him from PHX for pennies. He has to also be looked at when he is not doing his most valuable thing. I'm not even talking about all season as I have said a few times, it's been from the 3rd Q of the wiz game until today.

I know what you're saying, but I don't think there is anybody here who has ever tried to argue that Isaiah is the perfect player. 

He'll be fine though.  I really want Smart back so Thomas get come off the bench again.  I honestly think he is more effective in that role - not facing as tough defense, easier for him to remain efficient.

not saying people are saying that. I have said now multiple times that some people get a pass while others get bashed. it's about what they aren't saying. ET can make 5 great plays in a row but as soon as he makes a mistake, 5 comments pop up about it in a matter of seconds. ET turns the ball over and it's "he is terrible," IT4 does it and nothing.

I don't know...I feel like I'm always seeing people backing IT for bad shots, turnovers, defensive breakdowns, etc.

I don't feel like people let him off the hook. 

I do, however, feel like some of the other guys get a heavier bashing than they deserve - mainly Turner and Bradley.  Anytime those guys make a mistake they get bagged out, even if they have played outstanding the entire game before it.

If that's what you're referring to, then I agree completely.

:)

« Reply #438 on: November 10, 2015, 11:57:11 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
What happened to KO's 3pt shot? He can't hit it to save his life! I can't believe he can be this bad after being really gd for a 7ftr his first 2 seasons (last 1 in college too).

Guys go through stretches.  Ray Allen were through a couple of cold streaks with us where for weeks (maybe even months) at a time he couldn't buy a three. 

Guys go through cold streaks, it happens.  We have played 6 games though - his shot will come.

« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2015, 12:09:09 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

The difference between IT and Turner is that IT is a guy who came from nowhere to succeed and Turner is a lotto pick who looked like he was on his way out of the league before landing in Boston.  There's just a different frame of reference, though I'd agree Turner gets too much flack.

But I also think that IT is better suited to being "The Guy" than Turner, as evidenced by tonight.  How can Boston win this decisively on the road against a good team when IT plays as poorly as he did?

I think it's because when IT dominates the ball and takes the responsibility to score, he takes pressure off other players.  They're able to let the game come to them instead of always trying to do too much.  Turner doesn't have that same gunner's mentality.

Mike

« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2015, 12:11:23 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Re watch the game

Hunter makes very few defensive mistakes .

« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2015, 12:55:26 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

The difference between IT and Turner is that IT is a guy who came from nowhere to succeed and Turner is a lotto pick who looked like he was on his way out of the league before landing in Boston.  There's just a different frame of reference, though I'd agree Turner gets too much flack.

But I also think that IT is better suited to being "The Guy" than Turner, as evidenced by tonight.  How can Boston win this decisively on the road against a good team when IT plays as poorly as he did?

I think it's because when IT dominates the ball and takes the responsibility to score, he takes pressure off other players.  They're able to let the game come to them instead of always trying to do too much.  Turner doesn't have that same gunner's mentality.

Mike

They played better when he wasn't dominating the ball. Their best minutes came when he wasn't in the game. Give ET and KO major credit for that. 

« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2015, 11:26:44 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Impressive.  Consecutive blow out wins against teams that should be solidly in the running to be ECF playoff teams.

I love how we've done it with defense, ball movement, and depth as our main weapons.  The threesome of Turner, Jerebko, and Olynyk have been playing top class basketball together as a unit.  There really seems to be some synergy there. 

On paper our starting lineup is going to be less talented on most nights, no matter who is in it.  If we keep plugging the way we have been, though, we are going to continue to be able to wear the opposition down over 48 minutes. 

I like that we are getting legitimate contributions from ten guys.  Sully's been a beast to start games.  Kelly's been looking like a seasoned pro with that second unit.

Isaiah's been struggling, and sometimes it's hard to see where he fits with this squad.  I'd rather have Marcus running the point as a starter, and I really like how Evan is meshing with Kelly and Jonas on the second unit.  On the other hand, we are going to need Isaiah's heroics on some nights, and I trust Brad to make it all work.

I'm in love with this team right now.  Another impressive performance against another decent ECF team tonight would go a long way towards cementing my belief that this team is legit. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #443 on: November 11, 2015, 11:40:30 AM »

Offline brundlenye the sciencefly

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that KO has all of 4 fouls in 89 minutes of play?  :D

« Reply #444 on: November 11, 2015, 11:43:34 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that KO has all of 4 fouls in 89 minutes of play?  :D

TP, I didn't realize that.  And he's doing it while playing much better defense overall.  It's early but while KO's scoring is as inconsistent as ever, his D is leaps and bounds above the last two seasons.

« Reply #445 on: November 11, 2015, 12:14:12 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

TP, I didn't realize that.  And he's doing it while playing much better defense overall.  It's early but while KO's scoring is as inconsistent as ever, his D is leaps and bounds above the last two seasons.

He should get some kind of league-wide recognition for this. He was high on the list last year of fouls/48 so this is a positive step.

Also, Crowder has done a sneaky good job at leading the league in steals while not even making the list of fouls per game (top 40).
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #446 on: November 11, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sully and KO keep play n like this .....they might have a little trade value.

« Reply #447 on: November 11, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

Idk if I'd say Olynyk's scoring is as "inconsistent as ever". We have such big man depth, and the lack of anyone who's head and shoulders above the rest means KO's only gonna get 15-25 mpg. He hasn't gotten a ton of opportunity to spark the offense (even when we were desperate for it), but the chances he's gotten he's done really well with.

Whenever Olynyk used to get the ball he would either immediately look to pass or he'd take too long to decide whether he was going to shoot or attack, a decision he would second guess as soon as he made it, which caused him to get stripped, drive weakly, fumble the dribble or allow his man to close out enough to alter the shot. He's been WAY more decisive this year, and when he gets his opportunities he's going hard to the basket and putting up shots with confidence. He's displayed a whole bunch of new moves near the hoop (that Dirk-esque fadeaway on the baseline last night being a prime example) and isn't giving up when going someone defends him well on his way to the rack. His outside shot will start to fall soon enough, he's one of the teams best shooters. And as you said, his defense is really improving in a major way. He's finally learning how to avoid unnecessary fouls, is contesting shots strongly at the hoop and fighting for rebounds.

If he's given a little bit bigger of a scoring role (which I think Stevens will allow him a chance at considering he's had a big impact the past few games and Zeller seems tied to the bench for now), I feel good about his ability to take the next step. If his defense stays at the level he's had so far and his offensive game stays consistent, with his nice new repertoire of moves he could really be a key cog going forward. Not a star, but a guy who can play a big role no matter who else we have in green. I'm very encouraged by how he's looked so far on both ends. Sullinger too.