Author Topic: Will Detroit maintain success?  (Read 1637 times)

Will Detroit maintain success?
« on: November 08, 2015, 05:17:25 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Pistons are 4-1 at the moment. Will they be another team possibly challenging us for a playoff spot, and could they even steal our spot?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Will Detroit maintain success?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I'm happy they could steal the Nets a spot for the playoffs.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 05:23:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I have been impressed with what I have seen from them.

They have a lot of length and activity on defense and they rebound the ball very well. That gives them a strong foundation to build off of. They look like a playoff caliber team to me. Certainly better than I expected them to be entering the season.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:12:37 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Seems like since they got rid of Josh Smith they have turned the corner.

Awesome comeback today against Portland. Down 13 after 3 quarters and currently lead by 9 points with 3 minutes to go.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 11:48:08 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Getting great play from Drummond and Jackson, but nothing from the bench.  I wonder if they can sustain their current level of play over a long season.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 02:15:39 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Yes. They were one of the teams I was saying to watch out for before the season began, and they might be even better than I thought. They'll make the playoffs for sure. It's hard to say this early how far they'll go.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 03:23:37 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Well coached, dominant finisher and rebounder inside, and they have a point guard who can run the pick and roll and also score in iso pretty well.  Plenty of shooters around the point guard and center to make drive and kick work well.

Yeah, they've got a solid recipe for success.  Just need to stay healthy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 03:27:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The real question is just how many rebounds per game can Drummond average?

Deandre Jordan averaged 15 a game last year playing next to Blake Griffin, a decent rebounder.  Drummond has no competition for boards on this team. 

I knew Andre was beasting the boards, but I didn't know he was averaging 20 rebounds per game through the first 6 games of the season.  Dang.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 03:45:01 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I said they'd be much better and probably make the playoffs this year.
To me, Reggie Jackson has always had All Star potential and he's playing really well, but Drummond's development and post game have sky rocketed. Van Gundy is doing an amazing job with this young team. They will cool down a little bit but if Drummond keeps developing that post game and starts to require double teams, they'll be very tough.
I think they need another elite 3 point shooter in their starting line up to utilize Jackson's drive/kick abilities and Drummonds post/kick game. Van Gundy will get someone and hopefully Stanley Johnson becomes a consistent 35%+ 3 point shooter for them.

Acquiring Jackson was enormous for them because Drummond didn't have a driving guard to run the pick and roll with and get easy dishes around the basket. Combine the lack of facilitating point guard (Jennings and Knight), he had to share the paint with Monroe and JSmoove.
It's an entirely different game out there for him now.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 07:33:15 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
They're not going to maintain this pace but they'll be in the hunt for one of the lower playoff seeds for sure.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Donovan is really struggling over there at OKC at the moment, but Detroit's D is really coming along. Future looking bright there now with KCP turning into a legitimate NBA player

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.