Author Topic: We should look into Ben McLemore  (Read 3266 times)

Re: We should look into Ben McLemore
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 05:23:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
That's what LarBrd33 has been saying FOR YEARS!
Yes but he's been saying things along the lines of "if we could trick them into an AB for Ben swap we should"

I disagree with this. Now if he could be had for a late first or some of our spare change like turner or Zeller then I'm interested.

He is a nice player with a skill set I think brad would like, but where would he fit in? He seems pretty redundant with AB.
McLemore was 18th in defensive RPM on ESPN's real plus/minus for SG's last year!!  That is not bad at all, especially on a Kings' team that was not exactly a defensive stalwart!!

He is a career 34% shooter from long range despite shooting a dismal 28.6% from three this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2015/sort/DRPM/position/2

Smitty77
Actually I think the Kings lack of defensive ability makes that number less impressive.

I still think he has really nice potential sonif we could get him for spare change I'd be really excited, just not sure how he'd fit in
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 05:45:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Yes but he's been saying things along the lines of "if we could trick them into an AB for Ben swap we should"

I disagree with this. Now if he could be had for a late first or some of our spare change like turner or Zeller then I'm interested.

He is a nice player with a skill set I think brad would like, but where would he fit in? He seems pretty redundant with AB.
McLemore was 18th in defensive RPM on ESPN's real plus/minus for SG's last year!!  That is not bad at all, especially on a Kings' team that was not exactly a defensive stalwart!!

He is a career 34% shooter from long range despite shooting a dismal 28.6% from three this year.

Smitty77
Actually I think the Kings lack of defensive ability makes that number less impressive.

I still think he has really nice potential sonif we could get him for spare change I'd be really excited, just not sure how he'd fit in

I really don't follow your logic on this one.  No disrespect intended, I just disagree.  If the Kings' had a stellar shot blocker protecting the rim last year (which the did NOT), it would make everyone's defensive stats look better IMHO.

Smitty77

P.S.  They do have such a young shot blocker in Cauley-Stein now however.

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 06:06:11 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Smitty77

I really don't follow your logic on this one.  No disrespect intended, I just disagree.  If the Kings' had a stellar shot blocker protecting the rim last year (which the did NOT), it would make everyone's defensive stats look better IMHO.

Smitty77

RPM runs regressions to negate the impacts of teammates and opponents when finding the value of the player. So the Kings defense (at least in theory) doesn't have an impact on McLemore's number.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 09:43:31 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77

Smitty77

RPM runs regressions to negate the impacts of teammates and opponents when finding the value of the player. So the Kings defense (at least in theory) doesn't have an impact on McLemore's number.

TP Evantime!!  Thanks for the info my friend!!

Smitty77

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 10:13:59 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd doTurner and Philly second for McLemore.

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Im sure Danny and others r lookin into Ben and others

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 01:20:07 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

WCS has looked very impressive in the 3 kings games I have watched.  He has a big motor, good leaping ability, good def instincts, and can finish at the rim.  He is an impact player for them right now.  I would rather have WCS than BM.  But that is just me...

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

WCS has looked very impressive in the 3 kings games I have watched.  He has a big motor, good leaping ability, good def instincts, and can finish at the rim.  He is an impact player for them right now.  I would rather have WCS than BM.  But that is just me...

I think most people would rather have WCS.  But he won't be available until the Kings get bored with him next summer.

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 02:27:32 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Ben McLemore continues to entice CBloggers despite a career PER of 9 and a career defensive rating of 112. Outside of FT shooting, there is not one single thing this kid does well and many things that he does poorly.

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2015, 02:29:15 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

I think most people would rather have WCS.  But he won't be available until the Kings get bored with him next summer.

Trade KO, Zeller, AB and two second rounders for WCS and X. 
Rondo and AB much improved backcourt for Kings while McLemore gets his act together.
If they're going to go for offense why not go all in?  This trade does that for them.
It's actually a lot to give up for a still unproven guy...but talk about filling a need..

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 02:34:22 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Trading a first for him is overvaluing him, regardless of where he was picked. Trade Sully for him -- straight up.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think he has a lot of potential, and his shooting stroke plus athleticism is what really made most people believe he was worth a first round pick.

If the Kings foolishly believe giving up on McLemore, so early on his career, then I would gladly hope Ainge is working the phone lines to bring him here.

Brad Stevens is the type of coach that could instill a lot of confidence in a player like him, considering Stevens brings out the best in most players.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2015, 12:27:17 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The Kings are pretty thin right now with a bunch of injuries...McLemore played just 2 minutes tonight. I think it's safe to say that he could be acquired pretty easily.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2015, 12:33:37 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Trading a first for him is overvaluing him, regardless of where he was picked. Trade Sully for him -- straight up.

Sully has been our best player so far this season, trading him for a guy who can't get off the bench on a bad team makes no sense.

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 12:38:45 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
McLemore reminds me so much of Jeff Green. He's got the physical tools, but the motor just isn't there. I know he's still young, but this is his 3rd season in the nba, but he should've showed something by now.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman