Poll

Rose and Mcbuckets for Lee Turner and Young Minny's pick.

Yes have to gamble on Rose.
4 (50%)
No.
3 (37.5%)
I would trade Lee straight up for Rose.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Would you make this Rose trade.  (Read 882 times)

Would you make this Rose trade.
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:35:51 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Word is the Bulls want to move on from his 40 million dollars due next two years. Derek probably never regain his past form but it may be worth the risk if he can get back to 80% of who he was. Doug is probably better than anybody we have at small forward and he can shoot it.
 We could simply part ways with Amir and Jonas that's 17 million, and Lee's 15 million is off the books.
 They're getting tired of Rose in Chitown, it could be new motivation with a fresh start and him looking for payback. The Smart Rose backcourt would be interesting, and Avery would fit well with Rose as well.

Amir.  Zeller
 Sullinger. Kelly
 Crowder. Doug
 Smart  Bradley
 Rose Thomas

That's a solid ten man rotation if Rose is healthy. Big if but what else can we really do.

Re: Would you make this Rose trade.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 06:30:44 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Word is the Bulls want to move on from his 40 million dollars due next two years. Derek probably never regain his past form but it may be worth the risk if he can get back to 80% of who he was. Doug is probably better than anybody we have at small forward and he can shoot it.
 We could simply part ways with Amir and Jonas that's 17 million, and Lee's 15 million is off the books.
 They're getting tired of Rose in Chitown, it could be new motivation with a fresh start and him looking for payback. The Smart Rose backcourt would be interesting, and Avery would fit well with Rose as well.

Amir.  Zeller
 Sullinger. Kelly
 Crowder. Doug
 Smart  Bradley
 Rose Thomas

That's a solid ten man rotation if Rose is healthy. Big if but what else can we really do.

Dougie McBuckets is starting to look like a real NBA scorer. 

But I'm not sure if I'd want to put up with Rose here, hindering Smart's development- even if it meant we get McDermott.

They'd probably want IT+ Bradley in return at a minimum. They'd probably want a pick too. Perhaps a 2016 pick swap with us.
Something like:

Rights to swap picks with 2016 Celtics first round pick+
Isaiah Thomas+
Avery Bradley
Jerebko (fills salary and helps their playoff push)

for

Rose
McDermott

Is McDermott looking good enough to send out IT and Bradley?
Do we want Rose pushing Smart to SG?
I'm not sure we do so I doubt we make such a trade even if Dougie is included.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 06:38:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
No interest in D-Rose. He is barely a league average starting PG nowadays and that is when he is healthy. Far too large of an injury risk moving forward to depend on.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 06:47:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think they would hang up laughing, but I do not want Rose.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 01:49:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I think the Bulls are listening to any Rose offer at this point. We can give one or two ok firsts for him that may be better than anything else they can get.