Author Topic: ITS TIME FOR MEMPHIS TO BLOW IT UP...LET'S TAKE ADVANTAGE  (Read 3380 times)

Re: ITS TIME FOR MEMPHIS TO BLOW IT UP...LET'S TAKE ADVANTAGE
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 02:29:26 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I personally think Memphis will continue with this group going forward and won't tear the team apart.  They still aren't that far off.

They can start by trading for Kevin Martin & Mario Chalmers before this years trade deadline.

If he's willing to take a severe pay cut, Joe Johnson next offseason would make sense as well.

They'll have options. Especially since the salary cap is set to rise. In the loaded west, I just feel like they're doomed for premature playoff exits every year.

I agree that they are most likely in second round purgatory, but considering how good they are, and how small a market it is, I think their best bet is continuing with this group.  I think it will be extremely difficult for them to get back to where they are now. 

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 04:15:48 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Here's the only reason that I could see Memphis biting. Hand the keys to Dave Jaeger, trade away the old regime built by Lionel Hollins for mid 2000's style NBA rosters that featured post heavy Dwight Howard,Tim Duncan, Pau Gasol front lines and replace it with a carte blanche new style, fast Pace Dave Jaeger lead team. that he can build to be his own from the ground up.

And for what it's worth I don't think it turns us into The Grizzlies at all. What does everyone say about this team? We're there, we just need the top tier players which are the hardest part to obtain. This wouldn't be like Brooklyn overpaying a any decent players they could attain and shoving in the last year of Pierce and KG. This would be trading for established chemistry, locked up on contracts with real length, supported by a young core that can build into the spaces that the veterans leave behind.

I've always thought of Memphis as an Eastern Conference team stuck in the West. Put Marc Gasol in Boston and you immediately create a new Dynamic with Pau in Chicago. Not to mention how about Stevens vs Hoiberg? Noah vs Zach Randolph. Conley vs Rose. Marcus Smart vs Jimmy Butler.

Think the trade's brilliant, and I'd cosign off on it. All of that being said. Marc Gasol has deep roots in Memphis and Randolph fought to convince grizzlies FO to resign him. He's well established in the community there. Either way I'd sell the farm even if it would just net us Gasol. Anything thing to get a veteran Defensive presence around our young core.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 06:53:04 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Bring back Jeff and Tony!
Yup

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 08:05:12 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I hope they start plummeting...we have one of their future picks too!

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 07:32:23 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
You put no thought into this considering Gasol along is $19,688,000 while all the players you added together are only $13,356,335. 

May I suggest, http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine to you. 

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 07:49:18 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
OP looks like one of those click-bait **** pop-ups. Well done. TP.

One of the worst trade ideas in a while though...

All threads should be required to open up with a post like this one. It will then seem like we are responding to some cool looking article - pretty impressive with limited options.

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 07:51:11 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
You put no thought into this considering Gasol along is $19,688,000 while all the players you added together are only $13,356,335. 

May I suggest, http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine to you.

I'm well aware of NBA trade machine...

If you read the full post I admitted I put little thought into it. I also flirted with the idea of including Amir in the trade. The point of this post was for everyone to respond with their own MEM-BOS trade proposal, not to criticize the one I made.

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The premise of this thread is that Memphis should consider blowing up their team and if they do then the Boston Celtics should strive to become the Memphis Grizzlies....

Pretty much  :)
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 05:09:49 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
gasol and z bo are way too old, conley is good but he needs to go to a win now type of a franchise, and the OP's trade ideas are dowright silly.
the Nets pick alone is worth more than the whole Memphis starting 5.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 12:15:13 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I would say anyone but Gasol and Conley would be available.  Those 2 aren't available..

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2015, 09:20:27 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Memphis was close to beating GS in the playoffs last year until the injuries caught up to them.  They aren't going to blow it up.  They will look to add to the team or perhaps look for better fits who might be younger (like if they could get a nice young PF prospect for Randolph they might do something like that - like Thad Young for Randolph or something in that nature).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip