Author Topic: Windhorst: "Rose's breakup with the Bulls has begun" [speculating]  (Read 4329 times)

Re: Windhorst: "Rose's breakup with the Bulls has begun" [speculating]
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 02:18:46 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I wonder if Philly would want him.  If so, that would be a way to get Nerlens. 

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Landry and Wroten as fillers.  I'm guessing there would have to be picks involved but considering all three of those guys have super volatile/ hard to gauge trade values, I honestly am not 100% sure who would have the most legit argument with regards to receiving picks.  Perhaps Chicago, but then again, IT looks a million times better than Rose at this point so who knows.

You don't understand how GMs think.  If Chicago starts thinking of trading Rose, they're going to want a return that treats him as if he is a superstar.

And you don't understand how difficult it is to trade a $40m contract for a guy who plays 8 games a year.

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 02:22:51 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Landry and Wroten as fillers.  I'm guessing there would have to be picks involved but considering all three of those guys have super volatile/ hard to gauge trade values, I honestly am not 100% sure who would have the most legit argument with regards to receiving picks.  Perhaps Chicago, but then again, IT looks a million times better than Rose at this point so who knows.

You don't understand how GMs think.  If Chicago starts thinking of trading Rose, they're going to want a return that treats him as if he is a superstar.

I actually disagree. I don't think GM'S aren't giving up staple pieces for the corpse of Derrick Rose. A top 10 pick would probably do it with some salary filler.
He hasnt shown any significant worth or health for 3 seasons and he's only got 1 year on his deal after this season.
For the Bulls it's about building around Jimmy Butler and McDermott asap. They'll probably try and dump Noah too.
There is absolutely zero chance we'd give up Marcus Smart for Derrick Rose.

Side note to the Philly/Boston/Chicago idea...why would the 76ers give up their young defensive stud Noel for two years of Derrick Rose?
Would you give up Nerlens Noel for Rose?
Hell no.

Why would Philly do that?  I don't know.  Their 3 most valuable assets all play center.  Why would they draft a center 3 years in a row?  They clearly have a surplus of young bigs unless you think Embiid is going to come back and play off guard.

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 03:43:37 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

I actually disagree. I don't think GM'S aren't giving up staple pieces for the corpse of Derrick Rose. A top 10 pick would probably do it with some salary filler.
He hasnt shown any significant worth or health for 3 seasons and he's only got 1 year on his deal after this season.
For the Bulls it's about building around Jimmy Butler and McDermott asap. They'll probably try and dump Noah too.

Side note to the Philly/Boston/Chicago idea...why would the 76ers give up their young defensive stud Noel for two years of Derrick Rose?
Hell no.

Why would Philly do that?  I don't know.  Their 3 most valuable assets all play center.  Why would they draft a center 3 years in a row?  They clearly have a surplus of young bigs unless you think Embiid is going to come back and play off guard.

But why does Philly trade away one of their top 3 assets for an injury riddled Derrick Rose who expires at the end of next season?
They've had plenty of opportunities to go after expensive free agents and have avoided it for development via the draft.
Why would they suddenly change their strategy to get Derrick Rose?
Doesn't make sense.

This trade is of zero interest to Philly. They just have a guy the Celtics might want (Noel) and for some reason the proposed trade assumes that Philly will do this terrible deal to facilitate our future over their own lol.
It's a completely non realistic, terrible proposal.

Ask yourself, if you are Philly, would you trade Nerlens Noel for Rose?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Hell no.

But why does Philly trade away one of their top 3 assets for an injury riddled Derrick Rose who expires at the end of next season?
They've had plenty of opportunities to go after expensive free agents and have avoided it for development via the draft.
Doesn't make sense.

This trade is of zero interest to Philly. They just have a guy the Celtics might want (Noel) and for some reason the proposed trade assumes that Philly will do this terrible deal to facilitate our future over their own lol.

If you want to continuously contradict yourself just to argue with me, go ahead.  I don't think it is totally unrealistic for PHI to have interest in Rose at the right price.  They are going to have to eventually trade some of their bigs anyway.  What point guards do you think they would shop Noel for?  Westbrook?  Lillard?  Irving?  Rose wouldn't be a bad flyer.

The suggestion wasn't made with Celtic blinders on, as you claim.  But then again, since my first post questioned whether PHI would have interest, you more than likely have a problem with reading comprehension. 

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 10:24:10 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If someone would trade Smart for Noel and thinks Philly should want to trade Noel for Rose, should that person also think that Smart (and Lee) for Rose is something the Celtics should do?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 10:27:35 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The Brian Windhorst muckraking campaign against the Bulls has begun. I don’t know how long it’s going to last. I don’t know if it’s going to be complete. But you can sort of see it.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 10:28:21 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Philly actually makes a great deal of sense here IF it feels it needs to start making a move.  I don't see Philly moving Noel or Okafor for Rose, but I could see them moving Saric. 

Something like works financially when Marshall can be traded in December (since Philly can absorb more than half of Rose's contract into cap space)

Rose for Saric, Landry, Marshall, Wroten

I don't know if that would be enough for Chicago, but it would be an interesting trade for both teams (maybe Philly throws in a protected 1st or two).  Chicago would save a ton of money and gets some depth

I also thought of Brooklyn immediately something centered around Johnson for Rose, but I think Chicago would want more, but Brooklyn has nothing more to give.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
We have a better version of Rose on a much cheaper contract.

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 10:36:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Hell no.

Doesn't make sense.

The not going after expensive free agents is not true.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/76ers-jimmy-butler-kawhi-leonard-restricted-free-agents-092415

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 10:40:18 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
No, thanks. He'll play only, like, 30 games a year.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2015, 10:43:03 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Hell no.

Doesn't make sense.

If you want to continuously contradict yourself just to argue with me, go ahead.  I don't think it is totally unrealistic for PHI to have interest in Rose at the right price.  They are going to have to eventually trade some of their bigs anyway.  What point guards do you think they would shop Noel for?  Westbrook?  Lillard?  Irving?  Rose wouldn't be a bad flyer.

The suggestion wasn't made with Celtic blinders on, as you claim.  But then again, since my first post questioned whether PHI would have interest, you more than likely have a problem with reading comprehension.

Contradict myself? Please highlight any contradictions with anything I've said? lol,
 I've pointed out how one sided this trade is and  that this trade is basically Philly giving up a highly prized asset for a mediocre return, thus helping the Celtics.

Arguing for the sake of arguing? You are the one arguing the literal fantasy that Philly would decide to trade their elite, potentially top 5 defensive big man- who is arguably their second best asset after Okafur- for the corpse of Derrick Rose. You are arguing imaginary reasons for the 76ers to want to give away their prized assets for a washed up, injury riddled star, who will probably never even be an All Star again.
Why are you arguing this again? For the sake of it?

Your reasoning is that 'they have to trade their bigs eventually anyway'.
So they should trade Nerlens Noel on his 2nd year of a rookie contract for D Rose now.... while Rose has less than 2 years on his deal and $40 million remaining. Uh huh. Give up their potentially franchise defensive big man for 18 months of Derrick Rose with their fingers crossed he doesn't go down with another knee injury.

But hey, the Celtics get Noel, so why not argue about it because they 'have to trade their bigs eventually'.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:57:25 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 10:44:50 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bulls will want Rozier as a start. Rumors were they were going to take him if we didn't.

Rozier , Sullinger, zeller 2 first round picks?

But I don't want rose

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 11:01:01 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

And you don't understand how difficult it is to trade a $40m contract for a guy who plays 8 games a year.

Honestly I think both of you are correct, which is why it's going to be very difficult for a trade to happen.  Chicago's going to want a high-end return for Rose, but very few GMs would be willing to consider it with his injury issues.  Seems unlikely unless the Bulls just decide to cut bait for whatever they can get.

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 12:39:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Brian Windhorst muckraking campaign against the Bulls has begun. I don’t know how long it’s going to last. I don’t know if it’s going to be complete. But you can sort of see it.

He's trying to sabotage them so they don't pose any threat to the Cavs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Including the playoffs Rose played in 63 (of the 94) games last year and he has played in every game this year.  He obviously has injury concerns in his past, but he seems to be fairly healthy at the moment.  And sure 20 million is a lot, but it is just this year and next year, so there isn't much long term concern there.

Rose is exactly the type of player Boston needs.  Boston needs a guy that isn't afraid to shoot AND that has the ball handling skills and confidence required to get into the paint whenever he wants.  He has certainly lost some of that explosion, but he is still significantly better than anyone on Boston at that. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip