Author Topic: Windhorst: "Rose's breakup with the Bulls has begun" [speculating]  (Read 4347 times)

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Brian Windhorst:
The Derrick Rose breakup with the Bulls has begun. I don’t know how long it’s going to last. I don’t know if it’s going to be complete. But you can sort of see it. The team and the franchise have moved on to a little bit of a certain extent.

Full article: http://nesn.com/2015/11/report-the-breakup-has-begun-between-derrick-rose-chicago-bulls/

He's obviously speculating, but alluding to an issue he hears is getting worse and may be coming to a head. Let's facilitate a trade and snag Bobby P. for our troubles :)

In all seriousness, I'm sure his contract/health/attitude would be tough to move. I suppose there are some dumb GMs out there. Could be an opportunity, as a 3rd team facilitator, to clear some space and/or make another marginal upgrade as we wait...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:56:38 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: Windhorst: "Rose's breakup with the Bulls has begun" [speculating]
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 12:04:25 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Any trade would probably involve Rose going to Boston in exchange for Smart and multiple firsts, with David Lee thrown in to match salaries.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 12:04:41 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I wonder if Philly would want him.  If so, that would be a way to get Nerlens. 

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Landry and Wroten as fillers.  I'm guessing there would have to be picks involved but considering all three of those guys have super volatile/ hard to gauge trade values, I honestly am not 100% sure who would have the most legit argument with regards to receiving picks.  Perhaps Chicago, but then again, IT looks a million times better than Rose at this point so who knows.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 12:16:18 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Wishful thinking from a Cleveland native. As Rose said tonight after having a great game, he couldn't play at all for 2 weeks in recovery and lost his rhythm and some fitness.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:32:10 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 12:36:37 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Wishful thinking. As Rose said tonight after having a great game, he couldn't play at all for 2 weeks in recovery and lost his rhythm and some fitness.

No desire to have Rose in Boston, would just thinking we could benefit as a 3rd team facilitator to make a trade work, if it happens.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 12:38:13 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Pass. We have enough PGs and he's damaged goods.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 12:54:15 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Pass. We have enough PGs and he's damaged goods.

Okay.... 3rd TIME... I do not want Rose. He's the last "star" I would want on the Cs. This is about facilitating a trade to continue to get marginally better, which is arguably the direction we will take this season.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:50:02 AM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 12:55:38 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Landry and Wroten as fillers.  I'm guessing there would have to be picks involved but considering all three of those guys have super volatile/ hard to gauge trade values, I honestly am not 100% sure who would have the most legit argument with regards to receiving picks.  Perhaps Chicago, but then again, IT looks a million times better than Rose at this point so who knows.

TP for reading the OP. Would love Nerlens. Expect smaller moves this season to clean up the roster and make more marginal improvements as we wait (for something that may never come).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 01:50:20 AM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 12:58:36 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

You don't understand how GMs think.  If Chicago starts thinking of trading Rose, they're going to want a return that treats him as if he is a superstar.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 01:10:30 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

You don't understand how GMs think.  If Chicago starts thinking of trading Rose, they're going to want a return that treats him as if he is a superstar.

I actually disagree. I don't think GM'S aren't giving up staple pieces for the corpse of Derrick Rose. A top 10 pick would probably do it with some salary filler.
He hasnt shown any significant worth or health for 3 seasons and he's only got 1 year on his deal after this season.
For the Bulls it's about building around Jimmy Butler and McDermott asap. They'll probably try and dump Noah too.
There is absolutely zero chance we'd give up Marcus Smart for Derrick Rose.

Side note to the Philly/Boston/Chicago idea...why would the 76ers give up their young defensive stud Noel for two years of Derrick Rose?
Would you give up Nerlens Noel for Rose?
Hell no.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 01:27:57 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

I actually disagree. I don't think GM'S aren't giving up staple pieces for the corpse of Derrick Rose. A top 10 pick would probably do it with some salary filler.
He hasnt shown any significant worth or health for 3 seasons and he's only got 1 year on his deal after this season.
For the Bulls it's about building around Jimmy Butler and McDermott asap. They'll probably try and dump Noah too.

Side note to the Philly/Boston/Chicago idea...why would the 76ers give up their young defensive stud Noel for two years of Derrick Rose?
Hell no.

Chicago will and should ask for more than you or I would give up for Derrick Rose.

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 01:45:30 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Hell no.

Chicago will and should ask for more than you or I would give up for Derrick Rose.

They'd ask for a lot but won't get it.
What teams are giving anything up for Rose and his $22 million salary?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 01:46:15 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Hell no.

Yea, good points re: a quick revamping for Chicago. Memphis wouldn't look to make a deal for Rose, but Mike Conley would make a lot of sense in Chicago via FA if they could get Rose off the books.

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 01:54:21 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Hell no.

They'd be targeting a team that needs a scoring star to make the jump to legitimate contender and is willing to gamble that Rose can get better.  Such a team that is willing to give up significant assets may not exist.

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 02:01:07 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

IT to CHICAGO
ROSE to PHILA
NERLENS to BOS

Hell no.

Matching salaries makes it practically impossible for the 76ers, but would've been nice if they could still use McGee's 12 mil and Wallace's 10 mil to make it work. I'd bet one of their own picks, perhaps this year, or one of their bigs (including Embiid and Saric) could've gotten it done  in that scenario. CHI is 6th in the league in largest payrolls at roughly $89 mil.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 02:09:22 AM by tarheelsxxiii »