Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Pacers (1-3) Game #4 11/4/15  (Read 29329 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Pacers (1-3) Game #4 11/4/15
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2015, 07:32:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Every time Myles Turner shoots it looks like it's going in. Just a beautiful stroke for a big man.

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2015, 07:33:41 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Every time Myles Turner shoots it looks like it's going in. Just a beautiful stroke for a big man.
That draft class is looking pretty solid so far, with a few misses from 1-10.

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2015, 07:33:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Celts are bad right now.  Any notion that they were going to carry that momentum from the end of last year into this season should be put to bed by now.

There is a lot of work that this team needs to do to figure out how they are going to make the most of this jumble of players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2015, 07:34:09 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I do like that Bradley seems to be using the dribble handoffs as an opening to drive into the paint, rather than pulling up immediately for a mid-range shot.

The trouble is that AB doesn't really seem to have a plan for what he's going to do once he gets into the paint.
He's got the same problem as Smart. They get swallowed up by taller and more athletic players in the paint.

Agreed.  Their lack of height poses a problem for seeing openings around the big guys hanging out in the paint.  Neither of them has the greatest court vision.

Man, Tyler Zeller seems like he has the yips right now or something.  His finishing is completely off.

I don't about that Smart is good at finishing. The problem is can he break down his opponent.

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2015, 07:34:34 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Bradley has improved so much this season. It's hard to think he's not even 25 yet.

I'm curious what part of his game you think is so vastly improved.  He's averaging more assists than he has in the past, but it's a small sample size.  Otherwise, he's right around his career averages, or below, in every category.

I think he has made huge strides with his ball handling, passing and general court awareness on offense.

Not saying he has developed into Rajon Rondo Jr or anything, but he no longer looks like a "Brandon Bass in a Point Guard's body" on offense. 

He looks much more confident handling the ball, and no longer looks like he's going to have a heart attack every time he's put under pressure.

He also seems to be attempting more challenging passes, and it seems like about 90% of them have been on point.  Bounce passes in traffic going between two defenders, etc, which he never would have even attempted a couple of years ago.

AB doesn't need to become a great passer or ball handler in order to make huge strides as a player - he just needs to become a competent one.  I feel like he's getting there, and if so it's going to increase his value tremendously.

« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2015, 07:34:35 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
The Celts are bad right now.  Any notion that they were going to carry that momentum from the end of last year into this season should be put to bed by now.

There is a lot of work that this team needs to do to figure out how they are going to make the most of this jumble of players.

It's early in the season calm down.

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2015, 07:34:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That was a really bad quarter of basketball.

I.Thomas is out of his element as a starter. Too much of a liability on defense with his size. Should have started Evan Turner instead.

Sully, Olynyk and Zeller were all awful. Jerebko needs to play.

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2015, 07:34:59 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

yes I feel the Pistons , Miami and possibly Indy are all better talent wise . Going to be tough to make the playoffs this year .

« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Bradley has improved so much this season. It's hard to think he's not even 25 yet.

I'm curious what part of his game you think is so vastly improved.  He's averaging more assists than he has in the past, but it's a small sample size.  Otherwise, he's right around his career averages, or below, in every category.

I think he has made huge strides with his ball handling, passing and general court awareness on offense.

Not saying he has developed into Rajon Rondo Jr or anything, but he no longer looks like a "Brandon Bass in a Point Guard's body" on offense. 

He looks much more confident handling the ball, and no longer looks like he's going to have a heart attack every time he's put under pressure.

He also seems to be attempting more challenging passes, and it seems like about 90% of them have been on point.  Bounce passes in traffic going between two defenders, etc, which he never would have even attempted a couple of years ago.

AB doesn't need to become a great passer or ball handler in order to make huge strides as a player - he just needs to become a competent one.  I feel like he's getting there, and if so it's going to increase his value tremendously.

Yeah, liking Bradley so far.

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Turner was underused last year at Texas.  He has a lot of potential.  Great hands, good touch in the mid range. 

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2015, 07:35:54 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Myles Turner already has 4 more points than all of our bigs combined (0 points).

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2015, 07:37:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
That's Lee's game.  Use space to take a big man off the dribble.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2015, 07:37:07 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Wonder if Smart being out will mean some playing time for Rozier - or if they will fall back on the old plan of Turner at the PG spot.

I kinda hope they give Rozier a shot, because Turner at PG makes me cringe with every turnover - which means I usually cringe at least 5 or 6 times when he's at PG.

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2015, 07:37:08 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Myles Turner already has 4 more points than all of our bigs combined (0 points).
lol so much for the bigs being a strength for the Celtics this year

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2015, 07:38:45 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
KO gotta take care of the ball.  we are turning george hill into a defensive superstar.  smh