Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Pacers (1-3) Game #4 11/4/15  (Read 29469 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Pacers (1-3) Game #4 11/4/15
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2015, 07:25:36 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Celts look very small 1-3 with IT, Bradley, Crowder out there.  Nobody over 6'4''.
How tall is Crowder ?

Listed at 6'6'', but on the broadcast earlier in the season he identified himself as 6'4''.

To be fair, that's probably his "without shoes" height.  At the draft combine he was measured 6'4.75'' without shoes, but at the Nets combine he was measured at 6'3.75'' without shoes.

Any way you slice it, Crowder does not have ideal height for the wing.  His wingspan is alright though.

Neither does Tony Allen, but he does fine. I think Crowder is will be alright.

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2015, 07:26:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bradley has improved so much this season. It's hard to think he's not even 25 yet.

I'm curious what part of his game you think is so vastly improved.  He's averaging more assists than he has in the past, but it's a small sample size.  Otherwise, he's right around his career averages, or below, in every category.

Ball-handling mainly. You can tell he's much more comfortable handling the ball than previous years.

That sounds right based on what I've seen watching the games.  Other than his assists and turnovers both being up a bit from previous seasons, it hasn't translated into a really noticeable change in his production.

Unfortunately I don't think he's ever going to be a guy who attacks the rim or gets to the line very much.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I can not remember a time that we've missed more good, open looks. We just can't hit the broad sign of a barn the last several games, even on open shots. Bradley is our only scorer right now.

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2015, 07:27:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Another game, another deficit handed to the bench by the starters, despite the change in lineups.

I'm thinking this may be a simple case of "our team doesn't have starting quality talent, but we have lots of nice bench guys."
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2015, 07:27:14 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Bradley has improved so much this season. It's hard to think he's not even 25 yet.

I'm curious what part of his game you think is so vastly improved.  He's averaging more assists than he has in the past, but it's a small sample size.  Otherwise, he's right around his career averages, or below, in every category.

Ball-handling mainly. You can tell he's much more comfortable handling the ball than previous years.

That sounds right based on what I've seen watching the games.  Other than his assists and turnovers both being up a bit from previous seasons, it hasn't translated into a really noticeable change in his production.

Unfortunately I don't think he's ever going to be a guy who attacks the rim or gets to the line very much.

I'd say give it some time.

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2015, 07:28:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I do like that Bradley seems to be using the dribble handoffs as an opening to drive into the paint, rather than pulling up immediately for a mid-range shot.

The trouble is that AB doesn't really seem to have a plan for what he's going to do once he gets into the paint.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2015, 07:28:43 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
We look terrible out there.  Glad we're only down 5 right now.

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I can not remember a time that we've missed more good, open looks. We just can't hit the broad sign of a barn the last several games, even on open shots. Bradley is our only scorer right now.

The guys haven't settled into a rhythm yet.  I think it's partly because it's early in the season, and partly because we're employing lineups that are entirely new.  None of these lineups has seen regular season minutes together before this season.  That's a huge disadvantage.

If you can't have a talent advantage, it's nice to have an advantage in experience or continuity.  The Celts can't rely on either.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I do like that Bradley seems to be using the dribble handoffs as an opening to drive into the paint, rather than pulling up immediately for a mid-range shot.

The trouble is that AB doesn't really seem to have a plan for what he's going to do once he gets into the paint.
He's got the same problem as Smart. They get swallowed up by taller and more athletic players in the paint.

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2015, 07:29:48 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Another game, another deficit handed to the bench by the starters, despite the change in lineups.

I'm thinking this may be a simple case of "our team doesn't have starting quality talent, but we have lots of nice bench guys."

It wasn't always like that last year, though. We at least played even or close to it with the starters, and we brought separation with the bench unit. We just can hit a freaking shot with either unit so far this year.

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2015, 07:29:48 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
zeller immediately shows why he was benched...

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2015, 07:30:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Omg Zeller...

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2015, 07:30:39 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Zeller has been so bad this year. Not gonna earn him much FA $$

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2015, 07:31:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

He's got the same problem as Smart. They get swallowed up by taller and more athletic players in the paint.

Agreed.  Their lack of height poses a problem for seeing openings around the big guys hanging out in the paint.  Neither of them has the greatest court vision.

Man, Tyler Zeller seems like he has the yips right now or something.  His finishing is completely off.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2015, 07:32:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

It wasn't always like that last year, though. We at least played even or close to it with the starters, and we brought separation with the bench unit. We just can hit a freaking shot with either unit so far this year.

I seem to recall the starting unit having trouble doing better than simply hanging without opposing teams, even against weak opponents.  It was always the bench that erased deficits and opened up leads.
- Mark Twain