Author Topic: Celtics (1-2) at Pacers (1-3) Game #4 11/4/15  (Read 29516 times)

Re: Celtics (1-2) at Pacers (1-3) Game #4 11/4/15
« Reply #375 on: November 04, 2015, 10:31:43 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
It's sad how quickly people turned on AB when he missed the 3 with PG's long arms all in his face. Forget about how he made a 3 and a 2 to tie the game. Played some excellent defense even on PG who lit crowder up all night! That's truly hate there!

btw it was not an airball it hit the front of the rim

He played well tonight. I just don't want to see him taking the last shot.

« Reply #376 on: November 04, 2015, 10:44:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Game looked like it was going to be an L almost from the start.  Pacers got too many wide open looks, destroyed C's on offensive boards and the C's committed way too many TO's.  Shortening the rotation is probably the way to go in the short run but there are bound to be some unhappy players and that could start to become a problem if they don't win games.

Crowder looks like he's very comfortable with his 5 year guaranteed contract.  Not seeing the same effort/tenacity from him.  Best signs tonight were Lee & Turner showing some signs of life finally.

Sully was once again decent but a lot of those offensive rebounds were on his watch.  Being undersized doesn't help much but he is at least hustling and seems to be making a defensive effort at long last.   

« Reply #377 on: November 04, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
game was the dogfight I expected.

Takeaways:
- C's don't have the talent to beat teams when they're having an 'off' night.
- Doesn't seem to matter which bigs start, they're not effective so far.  later in the game seemed to make a difference for Sully
- Something I pointed out prior to the season is seeming to hold up so far -- C's lack of a star or 'closer' will be their undoing in close games.  it's the reason that at the end of the season, I think they'll be on the outside of the playoffs looking in while Indy gets in by the skin of their teeth --> not because they have a better overall team than the C's but because they can turn to PG or Ellis to score down the stretch.
- We really need a good PG that can handle the ball and direct the offense. 
- Indy looked very mediocre tonight.  I expect PG to improve as the season goes on as well as Myles Turner.  Monta Ellis should integrate with the team better by end of season.   Right now, they're lucky to be winning games.

« Reply #378 on: November 04, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Takeaways:
- Doesn't seem to matter which bigs start, they're not effective so far.  later in the game seemed to make a difference for Sully
- Something I pointed out prior to the season is seeming to hold up so far -- C's lack of a star or 'closer' will be their undoing in close games.  it's the reason that at the end of the season, I think they'll be on the outside of the playoffs looking in while Indy gets in by the skin of their teeth --> not because they have a better overall team than the C's but because they can turn to PG or Ellis to score down the stretch.
- Indy looked very mediocre tonight.  I expect PG to improve as the season goes on as well as Myles Turner.  Monta Ellis should integrate with the team better by end of season.   Right now, they're lucky to be winning games.

Celtics should get better too you know

« Reply #379 on: November 04, 2015, 11:05:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Takeaways:

fingers crossed.

I did like Hunter tonight.  Looked good out there.  box score doesn't show the positive impact on the court except the +/-.   AB had a good game too.   other than that, tonight wasn't a great team result

« Reply #380 on: November 04, 2015, 11:08:12 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
It's sad how quickly people turned on AB when he missed the 3 with PG's long arms all in his face. Forget about how he made a 3 and a 2 to tie the game. Played some excellent defense even on PG who lit crowder up all night! That's truly hate there!

btw it was not an airball it hit the front of the rim

He played well tonight. I just don't want to see him taking the last shot.

why not? show me the stats on his last minute shots and last 5 mins of the game last season. If he was bad then I would agree with you (he had hit the last 2 buckets b4 that, I think, a 3 and a 2).

Even then I think it was drawn up for IT4 to get the last shot but he was defended (FOULED).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #381 on: November 04, 2015, 11:16:51 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

Takeaways:

fingers crossed.

I did like Hunter tonight.  Looked good out there.  box score doesn't show the positive impact on the court except the +/-.
I see Hunter as potentially a glue guy who can also score.  Wondering whether they'll consider throwing him to wolves and just living with his mistakes as he gains experience.

« Reply #382 on: November 04, 2015, 11:37:33 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I know I'm late to the party but I do think Avery should've gone for the tie with a long 2 instead of trying to go for a 3. He got PG up in the air with the pump fake, stepped in, stepped back to ensure he was behind the line, and PG was able to contest. Should've just stepped in and shot it. That's his shot anyway.
- LilRip

« Reply #383 on: November 05, 2015, 12:21:10 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
We need some help and it may just need to be that these rookies play more.  RoZier was off and Rj did some good things but they nth brought high energy and aggression to the court.  Something I haven't seen since pre season.  I hate to say it but I think Lee might be the problem.  I see him yelling a lot and not doing much else, although tonite was his best night. This just isn't the same team last year heading into the playoffs despite the returners.  Speaking of turner...when he's on, he's good but when he's off its a freakin train wreck out there.  Speaking of train wreck...Thomas is terrible at the point as a facilitator but as a shot creator he's solid.  Olynyk needs to go. Tired  of waiting on him to step up and be aggressive ala Jeff green.  We gotta get some players either through the draft or trade before next year.

« Reply #384 on: November 05, 2015, 12:35:43 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Everything I asked for came true tonight (re: IT, Amir, Sully, RJ) except for a win. RJ looked fine, he should play spot minutes ... he will space the floor just by being present, his mistakes won't be egregious, and he can affect the game in a lot of ways (e.g. passing, deflections). He was the guy instinctively taking a big shot at the end of the game... no mistake. My stream sucked so I'm not sure, but the call looked iffy.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:59:12 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #385 on: November 05, 2015, 03:25:18 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
I didn't think our bigs will be this bad especially Olynyk wow..Zero points the last 2 games..I think the big man rotation is messing him up. David Lee played well today, he rebounds are drives to the basketball where stronger.

« Reply #386 on: November 05, 2015, 06:56:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I didn't think our bigs will be this bad especially Olynyk wow..Zero points the last 2 games..I think the big man rotation is messing him up. David Lee played well today, he rebounds are drives to the basketball where stronger.

I think we need a SF and better bigs.   Yes, they are not playing well but we are deficient in this area.

Amir is solid.   Lee has played well but up to now has been disappointing.   Olynyk's play is too based on his confidence, and right now he is taking every shot trying to be aggressive, we should call him Machine Gun Kelly.  Jonas is a good energy guy who always brings effort to the game.

Sully has played better D than I have ever seen him.   His rotations have improved a lot.    But I did notice in the second teams drove on him a lot and more often than not they scored.   He needs Amir to back him up.   The David Lee/Sully front court was a sieve on defense in the second half.

I would like to see more Hunter.   I wish Rozier would have done a little better.   

« Reply #387 on: November 05, 2015, 08:04:29 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think we need a SF and better bigs EVERYTHING.   Yes, they are not playing well but we are deficient in this area.

Amir is solid.   Lee has played well but up to now has been disappointing.   Olynyk's play is too based on his confidence, and right now he is taking every shot trying to be aggressive, we should call him Machine Gun Kelly.  Jonas is a good energy guy who always brings effort to the game.

Sully has played better D than I have ever seen him.   His rotations have improved a lot.    But I did notice in the second teams drove on him a lot and more often than not they scored.   He needs Amir to back him up.   The David Lee/Sully front court was a sieve on defense in the second half.

I would like to see more Hunter.   I wish Rozier would have done a little better.   
fixed that for you