Author Topic: Min - Cs trade idea  (Read 1815 times)

Min - Cs trade idea
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:26:56 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
This may not be the perfect trade but it would solve a few of the Cs issues

Min trades Martin and Dieng

Cs trade Turner, Sully and the highest of their 2016 1st

Why

Min, Towns has been playing great and Pek is still coming back from injury. If Pek comes back healthy they will have 3 (really 4 counting KG) centers in need of rotational minutes. Sully may be a better long term fit next to towns then Dieng given his offensive versatility. Martin is currently playing a significant role off the bench. His role is taking minutes away from Lavine and Muhammad. He also have 2 years left on his deal. Turner would play less minutes while also possibly giving them minutes as a back up PG to rubio. Adding a 1st round pick this year I would hope makes up for the slight talent down grade they receive in this trade.

Cs, While not a true SF Martin would give them a legit scoring wing. Ideally he and Crowder both would play around 25 mpg with Martin always being in the opposite rotation from IT. (ex start Smart, AB, Martin). Defensively he will hurt this team but I have faith that Steven can coach this up and minimize the negative affect. Dieng would come in and play a similar role to Johnson. I would expect them to be split between the rotations. Possible move to starting Amir and KO and have Lee and Dieng off the bench. The loss of the pick will have very little effect with the girth of assets DA has accumulated.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Min - Cs trade idea
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:18:04 AM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
By highest pick, do you mean the nets pick or our own pick?

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 10:28:52 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I assume he means the highest number pick so in terms of value it would be the worst pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 10:44:41 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Nooooooo

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 11:00:59 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
It's a decent fit in terms of personnel, but it's a poor fit otherwise.

Kevin Martin could conceivably help Minnesota win games.  I want that to keep happening.  We have their pick, top 12 protected, and it turns into two 2nd rounders if it falls in the protected range.  If they overachieve, we stand a chance of grabbing another first.  Buying Martin from them effectively eliminates an already-small chance that they're good enough to bring us another first this year. 

On our end, it's a deal that you consider if Kevin Martin would bring us back to relevance as contenders.  I don't think he does that.  Without him, I think we're in the same spot as last year - a team that will be in a fight for the last few seeds in the East late in the season.  Adding him (and Dieng) doesn't move the needle enough to give us a good shot at Cleveland.  Also, he's 32 - by the time we ARE a threat to win the East, he'll be on his way down. 

I'll pass on this one.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 11:29:03 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
This may not be the perfect trade but it would solve a few of the Cs issues

Min trades Martin and Dieng

Cs trade Turner, Sully and the highest of their 2016 1st

Why

Min, Towns has been playing great and Pek is still coming back from injury. If Pek comes back healthy they will have 3 (really 4 counting KG) centers in need of rotational minutes. Sully may be a better long term fit next to towns then Dieng given his offensive versatility. Martin is currently playing a significant role off the bench. His role is taking minutes away from Lavine and Muhammad. He also have 2 years left on his deal. Turner would play less minutes while also possibly giving them minutes as a back up PG to rubio. Adding a 1st round pick this year I would hope makes up for the slight talent down grade they receive in this trade.

Cs, While not a true SF Martin would give them a legit scoring wing. Ideally he and Crowder both would play around 25 mpg with Martin always being in the opposite rotation from IT. (ex start Smart, AB, Martin). Defensively he will hurt this team but I have faith that Steven can coach this up and minimize the negative affect. Dieng would come in and play a similar role to Johnson. I would expect them to be split between the rotations. Possible move to starting Amir and KO and have Lee and Dieng off the bench. The loss of the pick will have very little effect with the girth of assets DA has accumulated.

I personally want Kevin Martin here. I think he would be a great mentor to RJ Hunter.

However, I would change a few things:

1) Swap Olynyk for Sully
2) Include Bradley in the trade to open up minutes for the rookies.

My proposal:

TO BOS: Martin, Dieng

TO MIN: Bradley, Olynyk, 2nd round pick

In terms of defense: Bradley>Martin & Dieng>Olynyk. I think that would be a fair swap.

We could start Smart, Martin, Crowder, Sully, & Amir (<--DEAR BRAD, START SULLY & AMIR!!). Stevens could bring in IT4 for Martin and move Smart to SG as his first substitution. 

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:41:29 AM by CsBanner18 »

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 11:49:59 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I do not want the c's to be just a playoff team
Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is dieng....?
Is he a better player than towns stein okafor... howard cousins drummond henson monroe lopez lopez aldridge.....?
Ok we have probably the worst defensive center in the league.. but dieng???????? We get the 25st best center in the league???? Are going to be better long term
I just do not get this dieng love

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 12:14:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
the highest of their 2016 1st
No. The way the Nets are going, this may well be the #1 overall selection.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 12:47:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Martin off the bench would seem to be a little bit redundant with Isaiah Thomas -- and hard to play those two together since neither plays defense -- but this team could really use the scoring punch that Martin provides.

I'm not sure how good a fit Martin is for our system, since he's all about running off screens and trying to get defenders to bite on pump fakes.

Dieng would be a nice guy to get, but I'm not sure why Minny would trade him when they're not exactly flush with talented young big men.  They need to dump Pekovic (who would be a poor fit here, though if he were healthier I might consider it), not Dieng.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain