Author Topic: Trade idea for Gallinari  (Read 866 times)

Trade idea for Gallinari
« on: November 02, 2015, 07:53:59 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Sometime before the deadline I want Ainge to at least trade for Gallinari. I would make the following trade to help consolidate the roster in terms of position, while creating more minutes for our rookies:

TO DEN:

Players: Bradley, Turner, & Olynyk

Picks: Celtics 2016 1st round pick (protected top 14 from 2016-2018. If not conveyed by 2018,  turns into two 2nds: in 2018 & 2019)

**The Celtics 2016 1st rd pick listed above will be conveyed this year if we make playoffs. If not, then it could be conveyed in 2017 or 2018. I doubt we miss playoffs in 2017 & 2018 too**

PHI 2016 2nd round pick
         MIA 2016 2nd round pick

TO BOS:

Players: Gallinari, Foye, Green (Erick)

Brad Stevens could go small and play IT4, Smart, Crowder, Gallinari, Jonhson whenever he needs to play his best combination of defense and scoring.

- Rozier & Hunter would absorb some of Turner and Bradley's minutes.
- Gallinari would share minutes at SF and PF.
- Zeller would benefit by gaining a few minutes here and there due to the departure of Olynyk.

Would Denver do it...?

I know Boston would! Gallo is 6'10 and he can play either SF or PF for us. He would give coach Brad Stevens more of a scoring threat, while stretching the floor. 

Thoughts???

Re: Trade idea for Gallinari
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 08:00:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've always liked Gallo, but at this point I think he should be playing at PF more often than not where he has a speed advantage.  He'd be lethal off the bench for a team with a dominant presence inside, like the Pistons or Rockets.

Not so much the Celts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 08:16:34 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Gallo has injury issues, he is on a contract I dont like.

How about this? Send them Lee instead of AB, keep KO, take the protection off of the 2016 pick and throw in 2 seconds.

Lee, Turner, 1st, 2 seconds
for
Gallo

I doubt theyd do it, but then again I dont particularly want Gallo or his contract.

I also dont know how the financials work but I know he has some weird clause in his contract that escalates his contract a bunch if he gets traded.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

How about this? Send them Lee instead of AB, keep KO, take the protection off of the 2016 pick and throw in 2 seconds.

for
Gallo

I doubt theyd do it, but then again I dont particularly want Gallo or his contract.

I also dont know how the financials work but I know he has some weird clause in his contract that escalates his contract a bunch if he gets traded.

Ouch!  An overpay!

Gallo is not worth this much.   Certainly not a first with this.  Makes no sense to trade Lee as he is on an expiring deal. I like Gallo, but not for this price.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 09:59:30 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

for
Gallo

Ouch!  An overpay!

Gallo is not worth this much.   Certainly not a first with this.  Makes no sense to trade Lee as he is on an expiring deal. I like Gallo, but not for this price.

Not sure it's an overpay..

Gallo is expiring too you realize. You're basically just getting an inside track on his free agency negotiations (and his Bird Rights). Our first won't be that great...probably not even in the lottery. Gallo is borderline all-star.

I think you probably need to throw in Mickey or Young or another future first before Denver look at that deal to be honest...

Injury concerns are real though..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 10:59:22 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday

for
Gallo

Ouch!  An overpay!

Gallo is expiring too you realize. You're basically just getting an inside track on his free agency negotiations (and his Bird Rights). Our first won't be that great...probably not even in the lottery. Gallo is borderline all-star.

I think you probably need to throw in Mickey or Young or another future first before Denver look at that deal to be honest...

I'm so tired of hearing about injuries when I bring up a player...

When Curry had ankle problems all people did was bash him and say he can't stay healthy blah blah blah...now look at him.

He'll be fine. Btw he's not on an expiring anymore; he just signed a 2 year, $32M extension with Denver.

I agree Gallo is a borderline all-star which is why I want him here. People don't appreciate players until they gain all-star status, which is when it costs too much to trade for them. As a GM you should want to buy as low as possible.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 11:16:16 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday

for
Gallo

There's too many PF's and AB is taking all the rookies' minutes. I want Rozier and Hunter to play. I think if Hunter was given the same minutes as AB, he could be a better scorer.

I'd be content with your trade or mine, as long as we got Gallo. 

What's so bad about his contract? He averages 16 ppg, 4.7 rpg, & 1.7 apg. If Avery averages 13.9 ppg and gets $8M under the CURRENT cap, why is $14-$16M for Gallo too much when the cap is set to go up? 

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 11:29:31 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
I've always liked Gallo, but at this point I think he should be playing at PF more often than not where he has a speed advantage.  He'd be lethal off the bench for a team with a dominant presence inside, like the Pistons or Rockets.

Not so much the Celts.

He plays SF & PF. His versatility would get him more minutes here. He's a better shooter than any of our current PF's. As you alluded to, Stevens could utilize him at PF to create mismatches.

Btw, we're going to get our rim protector soon. I agree Gallo would help a team like the Pistons or Rockets, but let's not pass up on a good player because we don't have a guy like Drummond parlaying the paint.

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 11:40:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

for
Gallo

There's too many PF's and AB is taking all the rookies' minutes. I want Rozier and Hunter to play. I think if Hunter was given the same minutes as AB, he could be a better scorer.

What's so bad about his contract? He averages 16 ppg, 4.7 rpg, & 1.7 apg. If Avery averages 13.9 ppg and gets $8M under the CURRENT cap, why is $14-$16M for Gallo too much when the cap is set to go up?
Because when we get Gallo his contract goes up to 17.9 mil next year then over 18 mil the year after and this year I think it would be close to 17 mil. Its very different form 14-16 mil.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 11:49:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

for
Gallo

Ouch!  An overpay!

I'm so tired of hearing about injuries when I bring up a player...

When Curry had ankle problems all people did was bash him and say he can't stay healthy blah blah blah...now look at him.

He'll be fine. Btw he's not on an expiring anymore; he just signed a 2 year, $32M extension with Denver.

I agree Gallo is a borderline all-star which is why I want him here. People don't appreciate players until they gain all-star status, which is when it costs too much to trade for them. As a GM you should want to buy as low as possible.
It is foolish to ignore an injury history.

Gallo is a nice player but he is not worth 2x Avery Bradley in my oppinion

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 12:14:38 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday

for
Gallo

Because when we get Gallo his contract goes up to 17.9 mil next year then over 18 mil the year after and this year I think it would be close to 17 mil. Its very different form 14-16 mil.

Still don't think that's too much. Terrence Ross JUST signed an extension for 3 years, nearly $33M. Approx. $11M a year for a good bench guard. Gallo is worth every penny...