Poll

If a star becomes available what would you rather?

Carmelo Anthony
1 (4%)
Demarcus Cousins
11 (44%)
Paul George
3 (12%)
Keep Brooklyn Nets picks and build through the draft
10 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Boston Celtics future thoughts  (Read 1685 times)

Re: Boston Celtics future thoughts
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 12:10:11 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
As much as I would love George and Cousins to be on the block I think both teams can still be a little patient with them with both players having 3 years left on their deal(George with a player option for a 4th).

Maybe starting draft night if both teams fail to make the playoffs will start feeling the pressure with 2 years remaining on deals.

I'd rather wait until the offseason anyway to see exactly where our picks will be.

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 12:35:43 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Well we might not be great team at moment ,  but the Lakers fans are completely demoralized .

They dig our coach ,  want to fire Scott ASAP .  But....if they do get better after firing Scott .....okay too good and might lose their lottery pick.   

LA fans pleading for Kobe to hang em up.  Please retire ..Now!......funny stuff to read as a Celtics fan

Kelly and Bass rated the worst front court in LA history

Even many purple gold goggled fans are seeing Russell as a bust #2 player .....not likely to be the next Lillard or Wall or Rondo anytime soon.  Some LA fans think he maybe bench player .

Could be bad as 2-8 during the first 10 games....I'm reading

Well.......I still want them to beat the Nets  ;D

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 12:41:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Melo isn't the answer for this team.  I still think he has a few deep playoff runs in him, but he needs to go to team that is one piece away from contending.  Chicago and Miami make the most sense.

Paul George isn't going anyway, no matter how bad the Pacers are this year.

Demarcus Cousins is gonna be in Sacramento for at least another season.  I don't think Vlade or Vivek have any intention of trading him for a bunch of nickels and dimes, and it appears that the Kings will probably be halfway decent this season.  Earliest I'd expect DMC to get shopped, no matter how difficult he may be at times, would be the trade deadline in 2017.

I think the best way forward for the Celts will be via the draft.  Spend this season figuring out what role players can fit the system and thrive here for the next 4-5 years, continue building up Marcus Smart as the emotional leader and primary ballhandler, and then do whatever it takes to get at least one main building block in the draft over the next 2-3 seasons. 

Free agency might offer an opportunity to add a core piece, as well, but the draft is going to have to be a big part of it.

I'm not seeing a Kevin Garnett / James Harden trade coming along to magically fix everything overnight.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain