Poll

If a star becomes available what would you rather?

Carmelo Anthony
1 (4%)
Demarcus Cousins
11 (44%)
Paul George
3 (12%)
Keep Brooklyn Nets picks and build through the draft
10 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Boston Celtics future thoughts  (Read 1684 times)

Boston Celtics future thoughts
« on: November 01, 2015, 07:03:50 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I've come the conclusion that the Pacers, Kings, Knicks are the best possibilities for a trade and if they were to plummet and stars become disillusioned I was interested to know who would people prefer to trade for or just keep a potential top 4 pick from Brooklyn.

Re: Boston Celtics future thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 07:28:46 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
If I can get Cousins, I trade the picks.  Otherwise, I let things play out and hope the Nets picks land us a future star.  The Nets look awful and there are some exciting players coming into the league over the next few years.  I'd like to see us build through youth.  Melo is too old and George's injury is concerning.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 07:35:41 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
If Paul George becomes available and checks out health wise, I'd probably trade the picks for him. When at his best, PG is a top 5 player in this league. If that Nets pick isnt #1 or 2, what are the chances a player picked at 4, 5 or 6 is gonna be better than Paul George?

Cousins too, obviously. Outside a short list of maybe 5 or 10 guys I wouldn't trade that pick for anything though.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 07:40:52 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
George cousins yes..... melo no...

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 07:51:58 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
If the Knicks were willing to include a couple of draft picks, I'd consider taking Melo...

Mike

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 08:24:18 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
The question really is, what can we get for Lee and picks.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 08:27:54 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I am sticking with the tanking method. Even if we get one of those players we will maybe be a top 5 team in the EAST, thats if we give up nothing more...which is doubtful.

We really messed up by making the playoffs. Could have had Myles Turner, or if we tanked maybe Towns or Okafor. Turner looks pretty good especially for a rookie, which is funny because many people on this blog said it would be years before he would see the court. Its very depressing, we had a golden chance to grab our center of the future and we instead got swept by the Cavs....but we put up a fight!!!Not really, we got swept. Danny should have waived Bass and Jonas at the deadline because we would not be in this mess.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 08:32:01 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
I'd push to trade for Melo if he didn't JUST resign a contract. He really would be just what this starting offense needs with his ability to score at will. Having him on the starting O could push this team past 50-55 wins this year and give us as good a shot as anyone at taking down CLE.

Problem is, he's signed at like max money for the next 4 seasons. That contract screams future albatross. Prob not worth giving up why they'd want for him. I'd consider it if it didn't involve Smart or any Nets picks.

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
I am sticking with the tanking method. Even if we get one of those players we will maybe be a top 5 team in the EAST, thats if we give up nothing more...which is doubtful.

We really messed up by making the playoffs. Could have had Myles Turner, or if we tanked maybe Towns or Okafor. Turner looks pretty good especially for a rookie, which is funny because many people on this blog said it would be years before he would see the court. Its very depressing, we had a golden chance to grab our center of the future and we instead got swept by the Cavs....but we put up a fight!!!Not really, we got swept. Danny should have waived Bass and Jonas at the deadline because we would not be in this mess.

What mess are we in exactly? We're not championship contenders, and not at the bottom of the lottery (even though we will be anyways via Brooklyn) so were in a mess? You can't just jump from worst to first. You often have to get incrementally better before reaching contender status.

And if we put DMC or Paul George or Carmelo on this team, we would be at the top of the conference. Were one star scorer away from being dangerous in the playoffs. Considering the picks and assets we have coming, as well as our young guys that are already here, that star player is coming. Rome can't be built in a day.

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'd say either trade for Cousins or build through the draft. The 2016 draft is going to have some good SFs. I would try getting one of them and maybe a big like Jakob Poeltl.

Danny Ainge is doing a good job mixing veterans with young players. I think next offseason he should look to sign a free agent big man. I think we should make a homecoming pitch to Big Al or sign Horford.

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 11:41:23 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Immediate issue ....Danny doing same with Turner as he did with Bass......waiting TOO long to trade him off .  Got THREE decent potiental young players in Hu ter, Mickey and Rozier ......wasting minutes in a player that likey won't even get picked up by another NBA team is poor judgement .   

We need a serious BIG in the starting line up .   Oakfor , Noel , Cousins , type to build around.

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 07:50:50 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I trade the kitchen sink for Cousins, otherwise I keep the picks and hope that Brooklyn are as bad as they look

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 07:54:00 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
At some point a top 10 player is gonna cost DA most of piggy bank.

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
i voted for Paul George! I think we already have the pieces that suit him, mainly because I think he's the easiest of the three to build around.
- LilRip

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 10:45:11 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I would trade the pick for Cousins or George but no way I touch Melo. In my opinion Stevens will be able to seamlessly integrate Cousins or George into this team and they would push the Cs to the top 3 in the east.

However

As much as I would like to see this team pick up a star and make the quick jump to contention I can also see a longer build working very nicely. If the Nets for fill their end of the deal and get the Cs a top 5 pick I think this draft has real potential to yield a star player. Lets say the Cs hit a home run and get Simmons or Skal. From that I read Ingram may also have star potential. With that player (not to mention other first round picks) the Cs would have a sub 25 group next year of Smart, Rozier, Hunter, Mickey, Rozier, Sullinger (if resigned) and Young. In the 25 to 28 age range the Cs will have AB, Crowder, KO, IT and Zeller.

If things go as planned this season this very young team will make their 2nd consecutive playoff appearance. Adding a star in the 2016 draft will set the team up to take the next step to long-term success without taking a step back into the lottery. As a franchise I also think there is somthing to be said for the fact that Lebron James is now 30. A trade for Cousins or George would be this team on a path to potentially face the Cavs in the ECF. Not to say thats not challenge worth taking but the draft path could potentially create a team that can fill the void atop the east in two years when the Cavs will be faced with an aging king.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet