Author Topic: Spurs (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Game #3 11/1/15  (Read 34201 times)

Re: Spurs (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Game #3 11/1/15
« Reply #495 on: November 01, 2015, 06:26:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What was the point of picking up Lee?? I felt it was basically a "no" move.

Rather have Wallace sitting in the sidelines, where we could of used him as a trade chip later on

Rather much see Amir and Zeller start right now. 

Lee should not be playing on a consistent basis. 

« Reply #496 on: November 01, 2015, 06:31:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Without Aldridge ..we d beat them ......too many stars

« Reply #497 on: November 01, 2015, 06:34:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Rather have Wallace sitting in the sidelines, where we could of used him as a trade chip later on

I think Lee is a much better trade chip than Wallace.  Lee played good important minutes in the finals last year and made a contribution.  Even if Lee sees little playing time with us, I feel he's a better trade option at the deadline than Wallace would have been.

« Reply #498 on: November 01, 2015, 06:34:50 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I didn't get to watch the game but I was glad to see Smart was scoring points and not just shooting 3's. Obviously the more consistent he is with the 3-ball is important, but I feel like his strength should be getting to the rim and too often he settles for jumpers.

Was he actually driving today or were these mid-ranges he was taking?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #499 on: November 01, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
David Lee has looked awful in his first three games.  Bad sign.   

Not worried about the back to back loses, tho.   We are a bad team on paper.  Lack of talent is what it is.  Stevens can work miracles though.  We will pick up steam as he figures out how to min/max this group of mediocrity.  This still looks like a team that can overachieve to 45 ugly wins this year.

« Reply #500 on: November 01, 2015, 06:36:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think Lee is a much better trade chip than Wallace.  Lee played good important minutes in the finals last year and made a contribution.  Even if Lee sees little playing time with us, I feel he's a better trade option at the deadline than Wallace would have been.

what? he played very little and lost min to Ezeli

How many min did he play against the Cavs?

« Reply #501 on: November 01, 2015, 06:38:40 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

what? he played very little and lost min to Ezeli

How many min did he play against the Cavs?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25211108/nba-finals-warriors-rediscovered-a-new-weapon-in-david-lee

“I'm just proud of the way David came in and played," Klay Thompson said before practice. "He was a huge difference-maker. That's why he came back in the game. We'll learn from what he did, as far as being aggressive when they double Steph in the pick-and-roll."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 06:51:25 PM by blink »

« Reply #502 on: November 01, 2015, 06:39:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Not worried about the back to back loses, tho.   We are a bad team on paper.  Lack of talent is what it is.  Stevens can work miracles though.  We will pick up steam as he figures out how to min/max this group of mediocrity.  This still looks like a team that can overachieve to 45 ugly wins this year.

Starting Lee and giving him the min he is getting is like what happened with Rondo here. You just can't do that.  CBS should give Lee no favour just because of his past rep and last year winnings.

He is a bad defender. Man vs Man and also perimeter help. Offensively he is getting his shots altered left and right. Can't shoot the ball. You can't have him out there just to pass the ball. 

The sooner the team trades him the better it will be.   

« Reply #503 on: November 01, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I think it is becoming apparent (to me anyways) that Smart, Thomas and Amir should all be playing at least 30 minutes a game. I am starting to think the C's need to have more of a traditional rotation. Amir needs to start and play as he has looked really good while Lee looks he should play 10 minutes a game.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #504 on: November 01, 2015, 07:48:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Starting Lee and giving him the min he is getting is like what happened with Rondo here. You just can't do that.  CBS should give Lee no favour just because of his past rep and last year winnings.

He is a bad defender. Man vs Man and also perimeter help. Offensively he is getting his shots altered left and right. Can't shoot the ball. You can't have him out there just to pass the ball. 

Lee looks entirely washed up.  If he's as bad as he looks, this team is going to struggle to win 40.

« Reply #505 on: November 01, 2015, 07:53:05 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Lee looks entirely washed up.  If he's as bad as he looks, this team is going to struggle to win 40.

Why? He wasn't a part of our wins last season and neither was the guy he replaced.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #506 on: November 01, 2015, 08:14:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I don't think he'll make that much of a difference that we'll be sub-40, because I think our additions highly overshadow our losses (Bass, Wallace). However, it'll be harder to gain many wins on last year's roster without him. I still think he's just been paired with a bad matchup in Zeller. I've wanted an Amir/Lee frontcourt the entire time, and I'm hoping we'll see it next game.

« Reply #507 on: November 01, 2015, 08:40:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We definitely need more talent on this team.  I expect us to lose to the Spurs and Toronto was a good team but it is just me or are we having trouble scoring.   I think teams have adjusted to CBS offense.

« Reply #508 on: November 01, 2015, 08:47:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We definitely need more talent on this team.  I expect us to lose to the Spurs and Toronto was a good team but it is just me or are we having trouble scoring.   I think teams have adjusted to CBS offense.

Not really. We had a TON of really good looks today - we just missed them. We'll start shooting better, but the lack of top-notch shooters on our team means we'll probably have our fair share of these types of games.

« Reply #509 on: November 01, 2015, 09:34:07 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

I thought it was Noel's hall of fame defense that was hurting him vs the 76ers and he was fine?  ;D

He has stunk. He's just a half step slower. Dunno if it's off season rust or the combination of age+post injury athleticism are what's hurting him.

I fear it's the latter.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.