Author Topic: Raptors (1-0) at Celtics (1-0) Game #2 10/30/15  (Read 34427 times)

Re: Raptors (1-0) at Celtics (1-0) Game #2 10/30/15
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I like this starting lineup a lot, actually, even if it's not our best lineup. 

Zeller and Lee in particular are a fun pairing, and Crowder is impressing me in his ability to assume occasional responsibilities as a pick and roll ball-handler.

The shot selection has skewed toward mid-range, though.  But I kind of like opening things with this bigger, more conventional lineup and then blitzing opposing benches with the supercharged waterbug guard and the combo-bigs.

I have a huge reservation on our starting bigs. They're noticeably weaker defensively than all our bigs, in particular David Lee, and Zeller is looking quite bad defensively so far this season. And this is important to point out because their offense doesn't look any good either.

So now we have Olynyk and Lee.... defensive puke!

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2015, 07:53:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Zeller and Lee in particular are a fun pairing, and Crowder is impressing me in his ability to assume occasional responsibilities as a pick and roll ball-handler.

The shot selection has skewed toward mid-range, though.  But I kind of like opening things with this bigger, more conventional lineup and then blitzing opposing benches with the supercharged waterbug guard and the combo-bigs.

I have a huge reservation on our starting bigs. They're noticeably weaker than all our bigs, in particular David Lee, and Zeller is looking quite bad defensively so far this season. And this is important to point out because their offense doesn't look any good either.

I like it because I think Zeller and Lee both work well as facilitators.  More importantly, I like pairing Amir with IT, so as long as IT is coming off the bench, I'd like Amir to do so as well.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Amir and KO pairing- YES!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2015, 07:53:55 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I have a huge reservation on our starting bigs. They're noticeably weaker than all our bigs, in particular David Lee, and Zeller is looking quite bad defensively so far this season. And this is important to point out because their offense doesn't look any good either.

I'm already forming a habit of thinking "Alright... time for Amir now" about 6 minutes into the first.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2015, 07:54:03 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I like it because I think Zeller and Lee both work well as facilitators.  More importantly, I like pairing Amir with IT, so as long as IT is coming off the bench, I'd like Amir to do so as well.

I fixed my post, I meant to say "weaker defensively".

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2015, 07:54:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
So sick of AB's midrage jumper.

Yeah, what happened to him stopping those shots in favor of 3's?

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2015, 07:55:37 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
So sick of AB's midrage jumper.

Yeah, what happened to him stopping those shots in favor of 3's?

As bad statistically as those shots are in the NBA, Bradley is actually a good mid range shooter. So it's alright. It's more about timing with him over anything.

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2015, 07:56:16 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Bradley looking like he's worked on his handle a bit. He would've bobbled that into the stands last year!

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
oh our canuck looks so much better with his new hair cut.

F I N A L L Y

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2015, 07:56:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
That was a really, really good possession.  Celts were patient and worked their way to a good shot and were rewarded with the And-1.  Kelly looks really good playing off Amir and IT.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2015, 07:57:29 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
That's the kind of driving that I expect from Bradley. He's never going to break any ankles, but he should be able to out-quick guys depending on matchups. 

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

F I N A L L Y

I think he's just got his hair pulled back.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Amir and KO pairing- YES!
I agree with Zach Lowe, that will be our best big man pairing, and I hope that those two are in the starting five soon enough.

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I fixed my post, I meant to say "weaker defensively".

Also, I want to add your argument about facilitators is flawed, because all our bigs are good facilitators... so nothing stands out about it with them.

The ONLY reason to consider starting Lee is because you have hope he'll be able to score a bunch for you, else he's the worst option for us out of our bigs. All are better defensively, and so far, his offense has sucked balls.

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2015, 07:58:41 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

F I N A L L Y

Hope he doesn't loose his mighty strength by cutting his locks