Author Topic: Sixers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game #1 10/28/15  (Read 39244 times)

Re: Sixers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game #1 10/28/15
« Reply #465 on: October 29, 2015, 01:52:57 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Good to see the team back.  Looking forward to seeing them play against some competition. 

Smart looked solid.  Crowder, Amir and Sully looked good.  Good to see IT is still doing IT things.

« Reply #466 on: October 29, 2015, 01:55:23 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Good to see the team back.  Looking forward to seeing them play against some competition. 

Smart looked solid.  Crowder, Amir and Sully looked good.  Good to see IT is still doing IT things.

Raps will be a challenge. They were [dang] good tonight. Carroll played well (14/8/4/2), and their "big 3" each went for 21+
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #467 on: October 29, 2015, 06:28:33 AM »

Offline 34truth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • ubuntu
Last night raised my concerns about Tyler starting with lee.. Too much softness. Amir would be nice in the starting lineup, even though Stevens loves him with Thomas

« Reply #468 on: October 29, 2015, 02:40:37 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
>:(   figures, storm coming in and Directv signal just went to hell.  got to get another cable provider in my area

I count the day that I dumped DirecTV as one of the ten happiest days of my life.

I got to go to the game last night and wanted to throw in a few observations from being there:

When they introduced the woman to sing the National Anthem, they introduced her as something like, "the third place finisher in the fifth season of the Voice in..." Went on forever. All I could think of was, at least she's not a young man that you all know as Joe the Policeman from the "What's Going Down" episode of "That's My Momma."

During the players' introductions, the biggest ovation did not go to a Celtics player but, instead, went to Nerlens Noel. Fans are already picturing him in green.

There's a new "Lucky" this year.

They introduced Avery Bradley as 6'2", which is funny, because a couple of years ago, he was 6'0. By the time this guy retires, he's gonna be the starting center.

When IT4 hit the deck, the entire Garden went silent.

The guy next to me was wearing a Leon Powe shirt. An usher came down and told him that somebody had spotted him and wanted him to come say hello. My neighbor was a little hesitant until they told him who the guy was: It was Leon Powe.

Avery Bradley looked lost on offense. Sully was definitely huffing and puffing up and down the court. Jae Crowder looked great. The dude was all over.

The woman behind me won "Fan of the Game." Truthfully, it wasn't a very good show, but she was the best of a bad three. She got the $100 Legal Seafood gift certificate but also a Marcus Smart autographed picture.

At the rate we're going, we're gonna finish the season undefeated.

Mike

« Reply #469 on: October 29, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
>:(   figures, storm coming in and Directv signal just went to hell.  got to get another cable provider in my area

The guy next to me was wearing a Leon Powe shirt. An usher came down and told him that somebody had spotted him and wanted him to come say hello. My neighbor was a little hesitant until they told him who the guy was: It was Leon Powe.

That's awesome!  TP for the story

« Reply #470 on: October 29, 2015, 02:54:36 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Last night raised my concerns about Tyler starting with lee.. Too much softness. Amir would be nice in the starting lineup, even though Stevens loves him with Thomas
I'm not sure the issue with Zeller is softness.  He plays hard enough, I just think its more athleticism or to a lesser degree talent.  He struggles defensively against good 'size' guys and is not much of a rebounder to begin with.  His limitations were painfully obvious vs the Cavs in the playoffs.
That all said he gives a full effort more often than not and is a solid regular season rotation guy.  It's just that he's nowhere close to a starter on a championship contender.

« Reply #471 on: October 29, 2015, 02:56:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

no way -- Powe himself?  that would be so cool

« Reply #472 on: October 29, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

no way -- Powe himself?  that would be so cool

It was indeed. Unfortunately, our guy went over there instead of Powe coming to us. But there was one other weird story that came to us:

A guy from the Celtics came over to us and started high-fiving everyone and showing off his 2008 championship ring. Really friendly, referred to Wyc Grousbeck as "Wyc," instead of "Mr. Grousbeck," so he must have been relatively high up. Chatted with us for a while and then took off to talk to another group. Really nice guy, but nobody had any clue who he was. We're assuming a front office guy. Nice ring, though.

Mike