Author Topic: Knicks (4-1) at Celtics (4-1) - Preseason Game #6 10/22/15  (Read 18046 times)

Re: Knicks (4-1) at Celtics (4-1) - Preseason Game #6 10/22/15
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2015, 10:02:27 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Is it just me or Sully's game look like that of Josh Smith(current)

« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
funny thing, knicks wanted that win pretty badly, they put melo back in to try and beat our rookies late and he was denied! hahaahahaha  ;D :D ;D ;D

It's been kind of amusing to see the guys over at knickerblogger talk about Robin Lopez like he's some kind of difference maker.  Now, when Melo shoots a bit better than 25% from the field, NY will look a little better.  You don't really appreciate how much good, young talent we've got until you see a team that doesn't.  Zinger might be something special but, unless they win the Durant lottery or something, the Knicks are years away from being relevant.

Mike

« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2015, 10:11:01 PM »

Offline celticdog

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 28
Accidentally posted in wrong thread.*

« Reply #213 on: October 22, 2015, 10:32:48 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
funny thing, knicks wanted that win pretty badly, they put melo back in to try and beat our rookies late and he was denied! hahaahahaha  ;D :D ;D ;D

Yup....

Danny's three Rookies closed out Porzingas and Mello
All their starters including Calderon and Afflalo too. NY just isn't very good.

« Reply #214 on: October 22, 2015, 10:33:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I'm sure Smith can dunk better though Sully had a nice one tonight.

« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2015, 10:44:19 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I think Rozier is earning himself a spot in the regular rotation.  I'm not sure how they can not play him at this point.

« Reply #216 on: October 22, 2015, 11:03:36 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

No...that's quite a peculiar comparison.

Sully can hid midrange jumpers consistently, can shoot free throws and is a great rebounder.

Josh Smith can defend positions 2-5, can handle the ball like a small forward, is a legitimate rim protector, gets tot he line, and has shot an elite percentage in the paint his whole career.

The only things I see in common is that both players have questionable attitudes, both are excellent passing bigs, and both struggle to shoot threes with any consistency.

« Reply #217 on: October 22, 2015, 11:07:53 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Young

Has

Answered the call......

I hope it means the end of Turner

Turner averaged 10 / 5 / 5 last year in the regular season and had at least three triple doubles, so I wouldn't get too excited about the 5 points, 1 rebound and 0.4 assists that Young has averaged in Preseason so far.

Lets be realistic. If Young works REALLY hard this year, then MAYBE Turner will allow him to carry his jock strap.  Maybe - it's a tough call, as Young still has a long way to go before he's worthy of that honor to be honest.

Assuming he stays with Boston that is, as he can't carry Turner's jock strap from the Red Claws' bench!

In all seriousness though, Turner is about 500,000,000,000,000 times the player Young is right now so no...he's not taking Turners spot.  For now he is probably more focused on actually convincing BS that he is deserving of a roster spot.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:25:09 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2015, 12:07:11 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
X-Laker Derek Fisher tried to steal this game putting his first team back in but Brad would not be denied and let the kids bring it home sending the Spike Leeless New Yorker's back where they belong.  go Green Machine!!!

« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2015, 12:21:34 AM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
Young

Has

Answered the call......

I hope it means the end of Turner

Turner averaged 10 / 5 / 5 last year in the regular season and had at least three triple doubles, so I wouldn't get too excited about the 5 points, 1 rebound and 0.4 assists that Young has averaged in Preseason so far.

Lets be realistic. If Young works REALLY hard this year, then MAYBE Turner will allow him to carry his jock strap.  Maybe - it's a tough call, as Young still has a long way to go before he's worthy of that honor to be honest.

Assuming he stays with Boston that is, as he can't carry Turner's jock strap from the Red Claws' bench!

In all seriousness though, Turner is about 500,000,000,000,000 times the player Young is right now so no...he's not taking Turners spot.  For now he is probably more focused on actually convincing BS that he is deserving of a roster spot.

::) We get it, you don't like Young.  Like it or not,  get used to the idea of him being on the roster.

Brad Stevens made Jordan Crawford look good, Evan Turner isn't anyone to write home about.  Turner came into the league what he is now, being a #2 pick he already lost.

« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I went to this game (left at start of 4th quarter), so I saw a lot of action but did not see Hunter/Young/Mickey play at all. Here are my takeaways:

1) Porzingis is HUGE: He has a full head of height on David Lee. Him next to Robin Lopez is not even close. I'll try to upload a picture that I took later.

2) Marcus Smart is becoming a floor general: I saw this on TV but wanted to see if he passed the "eye test." He did. Smart is always pushing the ball, keeping his head up, and being aware of the whole floor. He does the little things in the pick-and-roll (odd hesitations to observe and throw his defender off, shields the ball with his body, navigates the lane and is not just driving recklessly towards the basket, etc.)  that make an absolutely HUGE difference. He did have lapses, though, but he looks much better and more comfortable than last year.

3) Bradley's shot has improved: It just looks better. I've seen him in person before during his "good" shooting games, but the one last night was different. He has a seemingly faster release and the way the ball comes off his hands is a lot smoother.

4) Crowder has a good shot: It looks weird on TV but is very smooth and textbook in person.

5) The C's need to push the ball: The offense seemed to stall in the 2nd quarter when Smart came out of the game.

6) Rozier looks good: He just has that confidence about him. He looks like a coiled spring ready to attack.

7) The Celtics move the ball REALLY well: Compared to the Knicks yesterday (who passed okay, I thought), the ball movement was night-and-day.

« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I went to this game (left at start of 4th quarter), so I saw a lot of action but did not see Hunter/Young/Mickey play at all. Here are my takeaways:

1) Porzingis is HUGE: He has a full head of height on David Lee. Him next to Robin Lopez is not even close. I'll try to upload a picture that I took later.

I was thinking this the whole time he was in the game. Like, if he catches a pass at the free throw line... well... that's basically what it is. Who's going to bother him? His release point is Garnett-like with his feet barely leaving the floor.

2) Marcus Smart is becoming a floor general: I saw this on TV but wanted to see if he passed the "eye test." He did. Smart is always pushing the ball, keeping his head up, and being aware of the whole floor. He does the little things in the pick-and-roll (odd hesitations to observe and throw his defender off, shields the ball with his body, navigates the lane and is not just driving recklessly towards the basket, etc.)  that make an absolutely HUGE difference. He did have lapses, though, but he looks much better and more comfortable than last year.

3) Bradley's shot has improved: It just looks better. I've seen him in person before during his "good" shooting games, but the one last night was different. He has a seemingly faster release and the way the ball comes off his hands is a lot smoother.

Are you sure this doesn't have more to do with 4 games against the Knicks and Nets, who totally suck at playing defense out there?

4) Crowder has a good shot: It looks weird on TV but is very smooth and textbook in person.

5) The C's need to push the ball: The offense seemed to stall in the 2nd quarter when Smart came out of the game.

6) Rozier looks good: He just has that confidence about him. He looks like a coiled spring ready to attack.

7) The Celtics move the ball REALLY well: Compared to the Knicks yesterday (who passed okay, I thought), the ball movement was night-and-day.