Author Topic: Andre Drummond won't extend with Pistons - opportunity??  (Read 2601 times)

Andre Drummond won't extend with Pistons - opportunity??
« on: October 21, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13932244/andre-drummond-decides-not-extend-det

Even though he doesn't ideally fit into CBS offensive spacing system, this guy is no doubt a monster.

10-12 pts and 13-15 pts avg near automatic on a daily game basis.  CBS would just have to adjust his lineup a little to get Drummond to fit.   Outside of money, I just think he is sick of playing in Detroit.

Trade idea (Sullinger, Zeller, Turner and Drummond all signed before traded)

To Pistons:  Sullinger, Zeller, Turner, Young, 2 1st round picks (2015 choice of 1st round pick, 2016 Celtics pick)

To Celtics: Drummond, Ilyasova, Hilliard

Celtics lineup

C- Drummond
PF - Lee
SF - Crowder
SG - AB
PG - Smart

C- Amir
PF- KO/Mickey
SF- Jerebko/Ilyasova
SG- Hunter
PG- IT

yay or nay?

Re: Andre Drummond won't extend with Pistons - opportunity??
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
nay way. he doesn't fit with the whole idea. end story.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 09:13:11 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Nay for Detriot. They'd say no b/c they're not getting enough of a return.

Btw, I've read that the decision not to extend Drummond was mutual in an effort to increase the team's cap space for the future

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 09:13:44 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Reading the story, it sounds like he's working with Detroit ala Kawhi Leonard & the Spurs to give the team a chance in free agency. Doesn't sound like the team has any interest in trading him - quite the opposite, they're distinguishing him as their guy.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 09:14:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Drummond honestly isn't even that good... Hes a superb rebounder, and good weak side shot blocker, but honestly what does he really do besides that? People throw words like franchise player around Drummond, but to me, he personally isn't anywhere near that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:32:03 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I'd really like him.  He's only 22 and I think in two seasons or so, he'll really start to come into his own.  Centers just take forever.  We'd need better shooting from our 2 and 3 than Bradley and Crowder, though.  Lee would look really good next to him, though

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 09:46:45 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Reading the story, it sounds like he's working with Detroit ala Kawhi Leonard & the Spurs to give the team a chance in free agency. Doesn't sound like the team has any interest in trading him - quite the opposite, they're distinguishing him as their guy.

Yeah, did you actually read the article, triboy? Or did you look at the admittedly-misleading headline alone?

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 10:05:55 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Ehh. He's a bit overrated right now, but regardless I think Detroit intends to build around Drummond and will not be trading him.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 10:35:34 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Everyone all last season craved for a shot blocker.  I have no clue why anyone is against one of the top rim protectors in the league. No way he available to us and we dont grab um. Also no way Detroit trades him either. YOU WANT DRUMMOND ON YOUR TEAM.  What effective rim protector is anyone expecting to fit in CBS style of play?

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 10:56:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Everyone all last season craved for a shot blocker.  I have no clue why anyone is against one of the top rim protectors in the league. No way he available to us and we dont grab um. Also no way Detroit trades him either. YOU WANT DRUMMOND ON YOUR TEAM.  What effective rim protector is anyone expecting to fit in CBS style of play?

I'm not against him. I take back what I said in the previous post. I think right now he isn't anywhere near his potential, but he still has a lot of time to develop and grow. But I don't want him for what Detriot is going to want out of him. Personally, I think people have overrated him, and expected him to take that next big step. But Drummond is still young, so he needs to perform his shooting, free throw, or at least learn how to pass out of double teams.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 10:56:17 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Amir Johnson
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 11:00:14 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
I think this is a great trade. Hope it gets to the point where we can swoop in with an offer like this.

It'd be interesting to see how Stevens would change the offense for a guy who really should never have the ball in his hands, but figuring out what to do with a shot block/rebound/dunk machine is a good problem to have.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 11:02:50 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Amir Johnson

That's a Tommy point

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 11:03:56 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137

Amir Johnson

Which I agree is a good one. But I am mainly referring to a shot blocker when i say "rim protector" so my question is if Drummond doesn't fit then who does? Not many Shot Blockers run the floor, shoot mid ranges, or pass good
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:12:21 PM by CelticsFanFromNYC »

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 11:12:44 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Sorry guys, but we got Amir Johnson so we could move his contract easily. I hope he finds a role in the Mavs defensive scheme in April, because he is just a stopgap for us.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!