Author Topic: Who may become or is a disgruntled star we could trade for soon?  (Read 25929 times)

Re: Who may become or is a disgruntled star we could trade for soon?
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2015, 06:16:23 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins are the only two I'm interested in.  I'd be interested in your Noels, Parsons or DeRozans if we landed one of those two, but they're all second bananas.  We need a first banana or bust.  Ben Simmons will be that for us, plus he'll be healthy and on a rookie contract.

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2015, 07:12:29 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Cousins for sure, but I see two problems with that:

1) I think the Kings will get much better when he returns
2) He seems to be loyal to a fault

Nerlens Noel could be a possibility - he's already been around two wooden spoon 76ers teams, and he seems to be a pretty competitive guy.  I'm honestly not too sure how long he will be able to stand for the constant losing.  My guess is he'll probably stick around this year, but if next year starts just as badly he'll probably want out.  Who knows though - he might even get fed up midway through this season and try to force a trade.

Gasol, Conley and Randolph might be options if the Grizzlies continue to struggle.  The are 3-5 right now with the fourth worst win differential in the NBA.

Theddeus Young wouldn't be a bad piece for us, if the Nets decide to blow it up.  He's not a star but he would be a huge upgrade for us at the SF spot, and would improve our starting unit dramatically.

Al Jefferson maybe, if you really want to go there.  Not sure I do (with our existing defensive woes up front) but might be an option.

Unfortunately I don't see any huge name stars who look likely to want out.  Maybe Carmelo if the Knicks drop off hard (i suspect they will) or Dwight Howard if the Rockets fall apart and prove to not be as good as suspected - but that's a bit gamble with his health and attitude concerns.

Noah is an obvious one, since he's only getting 17 minutes a game in Chicago and may well get frustrated with his role in time.  I wouldn't be opposed to going after him, but I wouldn't want to overpay  He has declined in a huge way...but he'd still be a big upgrade as a rim protector. 

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2015, 07:46:25 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins are the only two I'm interested in.  I'd be interested in your Noels, Parsons or DeRozans if we landed one of those two, but they're all second bananas.  We need a first banana or bust.  Ben Simmons will be that for us, plus he'll be healthy and on a rookie contract.

Paul George or Ben Simmons? Choose 1 only.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
LeBron

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2015, 08:38:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Paul George or Ben Simmons? Choose 1 only.
Dont really know simmons enough to make a really good call here, but I think that Id lean Simmons (if he ends up a Wiggins-Towns level prospect) because he isnt coming off a huge injury and his contract is 20 mil cheaper.

That being said George is a far superior player. Its really to soon to say. Does George bounce back is Simmons a potential superstar? Does Danny think he can build a contender around Geore or is the timeline closer towards building a contender in 2-3 years.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2015, 08:58:32 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm not sure why so many people are saying Paul George.
He looks even better than pre injury andnthey just drafted Miles Turner.

PG is their top 10 guy and they have no reason to trade him away.
Larry Bird has a history of preferring established talent over picks-but that's irrelevant anyway.

If you were the Pacers and you had PG locked up till 2018 (and a player option until 2019), why would you trade him?

Jimmy Butler is a different case because of the 'reported' friction between him and Rose.
Noah is on the decline and Gasol is playing great but he's not the Gasol he once was.
There's potential there as a disgruntled star but it's a reach.
Right now there simply aren't any options other than Cousins.
But I do feel we'll have a good shot at him if we land the #1 pick...let's hope things get rockier with Karl and hopefully Rondo puts in a good word about the C's.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2015, 01:17:42 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I don't think George will become available, but if we are patient I could easily see us landing Cousins. Sacramento has been a basketball dump for years and I think the time is coming that Cousins asks to leave rather than Sacramento deciding to trade him. If Utah continues to be sub-par I highly doubt they stick with Gordon Hayward because he hasn't exactly taken that next step for a player being paid that substantially and let's be honest Celtic fans, who wouldn't want the Stevens-Hayward pairing.

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2015, 01:30:37 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'm not sure why so many people are saying Paul George.
He looks even better than pre injury andnthey just drafted Miles Turner.

PG is their top 10 guy and they have no reason to trade him away.
Larry Bird has a history of preferring established talent over picks-but that's irrelevant anyway.

If you were the Pacers and you had PG locked up till 2018 (and a player option until 2019), why would you trade him?

Jimmy Butler is a different case because of the 'reported' friction between him and Rose.
Noah is on the decline and Gasol is playing great but he's not the Gasol he once was.
There's potential there as a disgruntled star but it's a reach.
Right now there simply aren't any options other than Cousins.
But I do feel we'll have a good shot at him if we land the #1 pick...let's hope things get rockier with Karl and hopefully Rondo puts in a good word about the C's.

Not unless there was something going on behind the scene with him. Seems like he is a good dude so... HELL NO HE CAN'T GO! :)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I don't think George will become available, but if we are patient I could easily see us landing Cousins. Sacramento has been a basketball dump for years and I think the time is coming that Cousins asks to leave rather than Sacramento deciding to trade him. If Utah continues to be sub-par I highly doubt they stick with Gordon Hayward because he hasn't exactly taken that next step for a player being paid that substantially and let's be honest Celtic fans, who wouldn't want the Stevens-Hayward pairing.
I like Heyward as one. But Utah is playing Great so i think they ride him this year. Thaddeus Young is another piece to consider to help attract people next year. He is a Team guy.
If we get DMC before trade deadline we may be able to get Young too.
Tyreke Evans maybe available IF NO keeps sucking.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I would give up Nets pick in both 2016 and 2018 for either Paul George or Jimmy Butler.  Use David Lee for salary filler and throw in James Young - who cares.

The whole point of the draft is trying to get a good player. Butler and Young are what you are hoping to get in the draft, so I would rather have a sure thing.

Put one of them with the trio of Smart, Sullinger, and Thomas and this team is really good. Even if you don't keep Amir, Jerebko, Turner, Zeller, there is still a bench of Olynyk, Bradley, Crowder plus the three rookies. Throw all free agent money in the Al Horford basket this summer or keep Amir if can't get Horford.

Big question would be how much will Sullinger cost now? Will there be any free agancy money of there is a trade for George or Butler and also re-signing Sullinger?

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2015, 11:55:37 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Why isn't Anthony Davis mentioned? He's too good to waste away in NO. Especially now with them being I think 1 and 8 ? if they keep losing at that pace wouldn't he be a prime candidate to become disgruntled and want out?
  I honestly don't really know the details of his contract etc and obviously NO would not want him to leave at all - but it's clear hes really good while his team really isn't - that usually leads to a trade demand or something these days.

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2015, 11:58:37 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I would give up Nets pick in both 2016 and 2018 for either Paul George or Jimmy Butler.  Use David Lee for salary filler and throw in James Young - who cares.

The whole point of the draft is trying to get a good player. Butler and Young are what you are hoping to get in the draft, so I would rather have a sure thing.

Put one of them with the trio of Smart, Sullinger, and Thomas and this team is really good. Even if you don't keep Amir, Jerebko, Turner, Zeller, there is still a bench of Olynyk, Bradley, Crowder plus the three rookies. Throw all free agent money in the Al Horford basket this summer or keep Amir if can't get Horford.

Big question would be how much will Sullinger cost now? Will there be any free agancy money of there is a trade for George or Butler and also re-signing Sullinger?
Id' give them up for Paul George but not Jimmy Butler. I don't think Jimmy is a top 10 player yet.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Why isn't Anthony Davis mentioned? He's too good to waste away in NO. Especially now with them being I think 1 and 8 ? if they keep losing at that pace wouldn't he be a prime candidate to become disgruntled and want out?
  I honestly don't really know the details of his contract etc and obviously NO would not want him to leave at all - but it's clear hes really good while his team really isn't - that usually leads to a trade demand or something these days.

He has a five year extension that doesn't even kick in until next year. I'm not sure what teams could even afford him. OKC might be, but I doubt they'd even be able to. Anthony Davis isn't going anywhere for a very long time.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

He has a five year extension that doesn't even kick in until next year. I'm not sure what teams could even afford him. OKC might be, but I doubt they'd even be able to. Anthony Davis isn't going anywhere for a very long time.

It's still fun to think of him anchoring our defense, though...and we thought we were a solid defensive unit now.

« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Kevin Durant may be in our way. OKC may give up on him due to his injury concerns.