Author Topic: Who may become or is a disgruntled star we could trade for soon?  (Read 25976 times)

Re: Who may become or is a disgruntled star we could trade for soon?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 07:04:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Noel is the perfect fit for Celtics .   Adding Paul George with Noel would be fantastic.

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm not too sure Danny will land a star via trade despite the assets he has available.  I think the opportunity to land a big name will come via free agency instead and I would not be surprised to see it happen in a couple of years when Noel hits the market.  I would not be the least bit surprised to see him just play out his QO to be a UFA like Monroe did just so he can get away from the Philly dumpster fire.

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 08:53:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Noel is the perfect fit for Celtics

Does he fit in CBS vision of basketball, though?   I get he is a hometown kid and wants to play here.   I think he is skilled on the defensive end and is making strides at offense.

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 09:08:30 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Does he fit in CBS vision of basketball, though?   I get he is a hometown kid and wants to play here.   I think he is skilled on the defensive end and is making strides at offense.

He's been hitting the 15-18 foot shot pretty well. Not automatic, but you don't cringe when he takes the shot. I think Rebounding and shot blocking out weighs a center that can hit the three. But if he can his that shot KG use to hit, roll to the paint and run on the breaks, I think he would fit just fine. Just need to complement him with a PF that can hit the outside shot.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
The answers are Anthony, Cousins, and anyone still in Denver (including Kenneth Faried).

Paul George is an interesting under-the-radar call. The stuff about him being unhappy playing out of position is almost definitely overblown, but the Pacers have seen some nasty dysfunction while he's been there and you have to think that if they have another bad year or two he's going to want out.

The Jimmy Butler suggestion is off base. He just signed a new contract there, Chicago has a new coach that is well-liked by the players, and they have a deep, competitive team with some good-looking young players in Portis, McDermott, and Mirotic. More importantly, the Bulls know Butler is their best player. I think the Bulls would sooner move Rose (which is heresy, of course).

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 09:31:08 AM »

Offline MrMorrill

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Any possibility Noah may become available? Sounds like he may be coming off the bench, I know he's been banged up but when healthy he is pretty dominant. If things go bad in Chicago this year a few guys could be on the block.

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
The idea that Melo is not worth getting because he is 31 is wrong. It would be better if he were younger but he'd still be an upgrade and a legit go to star to lead the team. There are a lot of guys I would rather have, but I'd still get Melo if I could.

If NY starts off losing a lot and Melo starts talking, what other teams are going to want Melo? the value of any melo trade depends on what we would have to give up. What we have to give up depends on what other offers there are. So that's what we need to figure out.

As for Noah, I think there is an outside chance we could get him too. He could be a fit o a title team. He  plays with a lot of intensity and hustle so i think even as he ages and his role declines, it will still be valuable. The problem with the cap going up is that a lot of owners/gms might be thinking get any talent you can, money be [dang]ed, the cap is going up for 2 years so who cares. So im not optimistic about getting Melo or Noah but I think both could be made available and up to a certain cost, both would be well worth getting.

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 10:18:42 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

He's been hitting the 15-18 foot shot pretty well. Not automatic, but you don't cringe when he takes the shot. I think Rebounding and shot blocking out weighs a center that can hit the three. But if he can his that shot KG use to hit, roll to the paint and run on the breaks, I think he would fit just fine. Just need to complement him with a PF that can hit the outside shot.

Really?

3-10 feet  28.8%
10-16 feet 30.9%
FT shooting 60.9%

That's pretty cringe worthy. Unless you enjoy his wild running shots, where it looks like he has his eyes closed, for entertainment purposes.

His rebounding is good, but not great. He averaged 8 RPG in 30 MPG, which compares to Sullinger's 7.6 in 27 MPG.

Noel continues to be heavily overrated on this board to the point that I wonder how many have actually seen him play more than just a couple of games.

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 10:56:35 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558

Really?

3-10 feet  28.8%
10-16 feet 30.9%
FT shooting 60.9%

That's pretty cringe worthy. Unless you enjoy his wild running shots, where it looks like he has his eyes closed, for entertainment purposes.

His rebounding is good, but not great. He averaged 8 RPG in 30 MPG, which compares to Sullinger's 7.6 in 27 MPG.

Noel continues to be heavily overrated on this board to the point that I wonder how many have actually seen him play more than just a couple of games.
Those are last years numbers, the implication was strides made this pre-season.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 11:16:17 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
My favorite targets for this year could become disgruntle.

Favors might be if he prefers to play Center but Jazz want him at PF to play Gobert and they are losing a bunch. They also may want Lyles and another stretch capable PF in the game more thus cutting his minutes. PG play and injuries may also take a chemistry toll. They have three non-guaranteed contracts so they can open up roster space to trade Favors for multiple players. (IT, Sully and KO for Favors + a 1st* solves PG and PF demands of the Jazz)

Barnes if agent doesn't hint but demands a max contract could be out at deadline for Warriors. Barnes himself may want to be more apart of the offense to ensure he gets a max from someone as well. And we know the Warriors have the offense move mainly through their guards. Warriors' salary is ballooning quickly each year for a franchise that has tried to budget. They may not want pay Barnes big $ with Curry and Boguts' deals also on the horizon. Also Warriors may want to keep a steady flow of talent coming in via decent draft picks to not just offset cost but to keep the Warriors run going long term. This makes trading Barnes for serviceable player and three to four decent picks a real option. (Turner, C's 2016 1st, Dallas 1st, Dallas 2nd, Wolves 2016 2nd for Barnes. Assuming C's 1st is in 19-24 range, Dallas 1st 11-15 range, and both 2nds are in top half of round it may be a good pick haul. Of course C's can change the pick combos due to their stock pile to increase their bid)

I also like Noel as an option but not so much because of the player being disgruntle but the 76ers dumping him for different reasons. If he doesn't show better offense and still looks like he can't play PF they will move on as quickly as they did from MCW. I bet 76ers are salivating over tanking for Simmons, Bender or Lab to plug in at PF. All are better PF prospects than Noel. So Noel has to put up or he is out. (C's could offer Rozier, better of their 2016 1st but top 5 protected along with a Wolves 2nd and 76ers 2nd for Noel)

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 11:33:59 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Really?

3-10 feet  28.8%
10-16 feet 30.9%
FT shooting 60.9%

Those are last years numbers, the implication was strides made this pre-season.

I've seen him play twice and I didn't see any improvement.

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think Noah and Melo could be our best bet.

Favors possibly?

Noah is going to be coming off the bench, and Melo is entering what may be a long and tumultuous contract if the Knicks don't suddenly improve sooner.

The pipe dream of course is Cousins.

Maybe Cousins have a falling out, or Rondo and Gay are a great duo, but probably need someone on the fast break that's quicker? Doesn't fit Karl's system? I don't know.

Honestly though, none of these trade ideas mean SQUAT, if we don't at least get a top 5-10 pick from the Nets, and a decent top 13 pick from the Mavs.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Any possibility Noah may become available? Sounds like he may be coming off the bench, I know he's been banged up but when healthy he is pretty dominant. If things go bad in Chicago this year a few guys could be on the block.
Maybe we can trade for Noah and flip him to another team with picks for another player could be a small possibility.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2015, 02:52:07 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'd rather have a Tobias Harris, Terence Ross, Harrison Barnes than a washed up Noah or a declining me first Carmelo

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2015, 03:18:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I would have loved Noah on the Celtics 3 or 4 years ago.  I don't think he has very much left at this point.  He should play an Andrew Bogut role somewhere.  Rebounder, rim protector, passer for about 28 minutes a night.  That's it.

Trading for Nerlens Noel and / or trading up in the draft to select a guy Ainge thinks can be a core piece for the team seems like the most likely way that the Celts will secure their long term core.

Melo I think would have to come after a move for another guy (e.g. Cousins), and I'm just not convinced Cousins is going anywhere anytime soon.  Maybe the Celts will go after Horford next summer, but Atlanta seems like a good place for him.  Kinda hope he stays there with Millsap and Teague.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain