Author Topic: Who may become or is a disgruntled star we could trade for soon?  (Read 25930 times)

Re: Who may become or is a disgruntled star we could trade for soon?
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2015, 02:38:36 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I totally get why Philly took Okafor, he was certainly the BPA and should've gone #2, but having him and Noel play together just doesn't work and it could possibly lower his trade value.

Noel's offensive numbers looked better last year because Philly really had no one else worth feeding touches to. Now that Okafor is the focal point on offense and his presence takes away from the few things Noel does well on that side of the ball. Because of this, his trade value is going down.

I said at the start of the year that the idea of trading Smart for Noel straight up is gonna seem ridiculous by the end of the year. If Marcus can get a little more consistent on offense that will ring true.

« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I totally get why Philly took Okafor, he was certainly the BPA and should've gone #2, but having him and Noel play together just doesn't work and it could possibly lower his trade value.

Noel's offensive numbers looked better last year because Philly really had no one else worth feeding touches to. Now that Okafor is the focal point on offense and his presence takes away from the few things Noel does well on that side of the ball. Because of this, his trade value is going down.

I said at the start of the year that the idea of trading Smart for Noel straight up is gonna seem ridiculous by the end of the year. If Marcus can get a little more consistent on offense that will ring true.
Philly Has to do something. I see Houston blowing it up at the Trade Deadline. Who out there would take Howard on at this moment. Maybe Miami would trade Deng and Whiteside with the fear of losing him for nothing.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2015, 11:34:18 AM »

• Don Chaney
Houston We have a problem. Maybe Houston will try to rebuild and we can get Harden or Howard.
McHale is gone. Howard the Center who can not win. I'll take Harden but not Howard.
Not that he is a big star. I would love to get Ariza. We need wing who can shoot.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."

« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't see the Rockets trading Harden. The entire idea behind their strategy was to get a superstar. Even if it's not working now, I think they keep Harden and attempt to rebuild the team around him.

I would not be surprised if they dealt Dwight though, if he decides to opt out I don't think the Rockets will pay top dollar to retain him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2015, 09:43:36 AM »

• Don Chaney
Markieff Morris is now one. Do we get in on the bidding?

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2015, 09:49:19 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Davis is the guy you build around. No chance he moves unless he demands it. You could only hope to draft a guy somewhat as good as him. The rest of that team is garbage so I'm sure everyone else is available.

Why isn't Anthony Davis mentioned? He's too good to waste away in NO. Especially now with them being I think 1 and 8 ? if they keep losing at that pace wouldn't he be a prime candidate to become disgruntled and want out?
  I honestly don't really know the details of his contract etc and obviously NO would not want him to leave at all - but it's clear hes really good while his team really isn't - that usually leads to a trade demand or something these days.

« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2015, 09:51:52 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I read on here or maybe Espn about T Jones is available. I like his game if we can get him on the cheap. Not exactly the position that we need thou. Can't see Houston trading Harden. Guy was an MVP candidate last year and is still young.

I don't see the Rockets trading Harden. The entire idea behind their strategy was to get a superstar. Even if it's not working now, I think they keep Harden and attempt to rebuild the team around him.

I would not be surprised if they dealt Dwight though, if he decides to opt out I don't think the Rockets will pay top dollar to retain him.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:58:52 AM by acieEarl »

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2015, 03:05:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The more games that we lost seemingly because we lack a go to star down the stretch the more melo becomes intriguing.

could smart + lee get it done? What about Brooklyn '16 + Lee.

Could we get him without giving up either of those assets?

Is he worth going out and getting?

I think he could be the answer to our problems but he's also the sort of guy you could look back on as the point where the up and coming celtics became the eh celtics
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
The more games that we lost seemingly because we lack a go to star down the stretch the more melo becomes intriguing.

I think he could be the answer to our problems but he's also the sort of guy you could look back on as the point where the up and coming celtics became the eh celtics

That's actually a great point Melo last night with this squad would have been perfect. The closer we need. I hate the idea of giving up either Smart or that Brooklyn pick but that's probably the only way it would happen...

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2015, 11:49:38 AM »

• Don Chaney

That's actually a great point Melo last night with this squad would have been perfect. The closer we need. I hate the idea of giving up either Smart or that Brooklyn pick but that's probably the only way it would happen...
The Knicks may be ready to do something. Now that KP has came back to earth.

« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2015, 12:16:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Markieff Morris is now one. Do we get in on the bidding?
Markieff Morris said he's fine in Phoenix last time we heard from him. Also, to be a disgruntled star you actually have to be a star. So there's that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2015, 01:04:32 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
None?

« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2015, 11:22:32 AM »

• Don Chaney

« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2015, 11:30:28 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
So I saw some Houston writer suggest something like Lee, Zeller, and a first for Dwight.

As long as that pick wasn't one of the Brooklyn picks, you'd almost have to make that deal if Howard promised to opt-in to his final year next year, right?

« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2015, 12:11:44 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
None?

^ This is what I see when I survey the league.

In fact, there seems to be a dearth of true superstars right now, guys I would put on the level of Pierce, KG, and Ray. There's LeBron, Durant, Curry, and Davis. That's it for me. And I think they're all untouchable.

Then there are a bunch of guys who are a tier below that—Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, Dwight Howard, James Harden, Carmelo Anthony, and the like. Don't get me wrong: these guys are very good and would certainly be an upgrade on anything Boston has, but they're not transcendent players, and they're not really known as being winners or having the killer instinct; in fact, some of them have MAJOR flaws—Dwight's attitude and lack of skill, Paul's tendency to not be clutch, Harden's terrible defense, Melo's volume scoring. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't complain if Boston got any of these guys (with the exception of Dwight), but I don't view any of them as enough to make the Celtics champions (unless we got three or four of them, of course, but that's not going to happen).

That said, I don't know what the ultimate solution is for this Celtics team. One of the above, surrounded by a great supporting cast including at least one rising star we draft? Maybe?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis