Author Topic: The official 2015-2016 Dallas Mavericks season watch thread  (Read 114678 times)

Re: The official 2015-2016 Dallas Mavericks season watch thread
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2015, 08:28:31 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Awww

Dallas Mavericks beat the LA Lakers tonight  :P

But heyyyyy, at least the Brooklyn Nets are 0-3!

I know we're only three games in, but I just didn't expect the Lakers to look quite this awful. They're going to provide some competition for Brooklyn.

Mike

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 11:09:17 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Mavs drop one at home against Toronto.  Very big loss here, this was the kind of game that's winnable but not easy.  Need the Mavs to drop a lot of those to hit that sweet spot.

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 12:41:25 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Is there an official 2015-2016 Minnesota Timberwolves season watch thread?  If they get the 13th pick or better, we get it; otherwise we get 2 second rounders.  It's absolutely in play with the way they look, I'd give it like a 33% chance of hitting for us.  They have got some real talent on that team and they're playing for Flip.  They couldn't have started the season much better, except they got legit robbed by the refs vs Portland.

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2015, 01:06:34 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Is there an official 2015-2016 Minnesota Timberwolves season watch thread?  If they get the 13th pick or better, we get it; otherwise we get 2 second rounders.  It's absolutely in play with the way they look, I'd give it like a 33% chance of hitting for us.  They have got some real talent on that team and they're playing for Flip.....

.....and for KG for his final year. KG will push their butts to the playoffs. C' mon, KG, do us a solid!

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Pelicans net first win of season, crush Dallas Mavericks 120-105!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:53 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

So now it's down to Philly and Brooklyn as the only two teams in the league who remain win-less.

http://au.global.nba.com/standings/

Also according to Win differential I am sad to say the Brooklyn Nets (-12.5) are only the second worst team in the NBA, with the 76ers (-13.3) just clipping them.

Yet somehow, I actually feel like the 76ers are going to win a game before the Nets do. 

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 11:41:53 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

So now it's down to Philly and Brooklyn as the only two teams in the league who remain win-less.

Also according to Win differential I am sad to say the Brooklyn Nets (-12.5) are only the second worst team in the NBA, with the 76ers (-13.3) just clipping them.

Yet somehow, I actually feel like the 76ers are going to win a game before the Nets do.

All I want is a good pick, you guys don't jinx us by putting these things in the air. LOL
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 11:48:50 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

All I want is a good pick, you guys don't jinx us by putting these things in the air. LOL

Maybe we can hope for the Nets to pull off a mid-season trade of Thaddeus Young for Rajon Rondo?  That sounds about on par with the type of move I would expect from the Nets ownership, and should get us the result we desire.

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 11:51:16 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Maybe we can hope for the Nets to pull off a mid-season trade of Thaddeus Young for Rajon Rondo?  That sounds about on par with the type of move I would expect from the Nets ownership, and should get us the result we desire.

I think the Nets are doing just fine with Jarrett Jack and Shane Larkin.

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 11:59:07 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

Haha a valid point. 

Though if they trade young for Rondo, maybe then they can start Rondo and Jack at PG/SG and still maintain Larkin as their backup PG?

Hmm...on second thought that's probably still no worse than they are now lol

That said Young is basically the only guy on their team with a positive Real-Plus-Minus right now, so it certainly makes sense (from a Nets' perspective) to trade him out.

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 01:17:38 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Haha a valid point. 

Though if they trade young for Rondo, maybe then they can start Rondo and Jack at PG/SG and still maintain Larkin as their backup PG?

That said Young is basically the only guy on their team with a positive Real-Plus-Minus right now, so it certainly makes sense (from a Nets' perspective) to trade him out.

Because the bball gods hate us so much and you guys keep putting negative vibes in the air, they are going to win their next 7 games LOL.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 01:30:39 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Haha a valid point. 

Because the bball gods hate us so much and you guys keep putting negative vibes in the air, they are going to win their next 7 games LOL.

Against who?

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 01:39:09 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Haha a valid point. 

Against who?

It's the bball gods, the opponent won't matter! You will be thinking "impossible" until it happens. ;D

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 12:05:45 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Haha a valid point. 

Against who?
Only in practice against themselves.

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Mavs drop one at home against Toronto.  Very big loss here, this was the kind of game that's winnable but not easy.  Need the Mavs to drop a lot of those to hit that sweet spot.

A couple Dirk ankle or minor issues and we are there. Bay be .....

I'm more worried they ll loose TOO MANY .

Mavs are holding on to the past .....trying play up,to past std. .......the wall is going to come crashing down