Author Topic: The official 2015-2016 Dallas Mavericks season watch thread  (Read 114647 times)

The official 2015-2016 Dallas Mavericks season watch thread
« on: October 18, 2015, 10:28:51 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
We have the Nets season watch thread already, but I haven't seen a Mavericks season watch thread yet. So here you go!

Williams is already having some injury issues, and it's possible he misses the season opener with a calf injury.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/13916879/deron-williams-miss-least-preseason-dallas-mavericks-strained-right-calf

Re: The official 2015-2016 Dallas Mavericks season watch thread
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Hopefully it's a mid-late lottery pick. I don't want to sweat it out lol so hopefully it's around 10.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
every one on their team seems injured. hopefully they arent as bad as the nets.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 11:49:38 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
pick#8 will do me just fine.

Brooklyn#5 + Dallas#8 could be serious building blocks while we wait to trade for a star.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 11:51:39 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

Brooklyn#5 + Dallas#8 could be serious building blocks while we wait to trade for a star.
Would be amazing
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 11:53:36 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Dallas' 1st round pick to Boston protected for 1-7 in 2016, 1-7 in 2017, 1-7 in 2018, 1-7 in 2019 and 1-7 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021.

Seriously might have to wait until 2021.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 11:54:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

if you wish to dream, why not dream big? i want the celtics to have the #1 overall pick and the #8 pick. then use their own pick and as many of their second rounders as necessary to move up to maybe #12-14 range.

see? if you are going to fantasize, do it big!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 12:27:50 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930

I definitely would not complain about that, though I think a few things going in our favor could make the Nets a top-3 contender.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 01:19:30 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

if you wish to dream, why not dream big? i want the celtics to have the #1 overall pick and the #8 pick. then use their own pick and as many of their second rounders as necessary to move up to maybe #12-14 range.

But Minnesota is going to give us pick #13, so we'll already be in the 12-14 range.  #DreamBigger

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 01:39:26 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

Well dreaming big would be:
We miss the playoffs by one win, but have a great season in a tougher East.
We enter the lottery at team#14 and end up getting the number 2 pick.
The Nets finish 3rd worst and score the #1 pick.
The Mavs finish 8th worst and convey the #8th pick to us.

So picks #1, #2 and # 8.

Why not trade David Lee for a late first rounder and draft an All Star with that while we're at it :)

I guess the more chances you have, the better your odds are right?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 01:40:59 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

I definitely would not complain about that, though I think a few things going in our favor could make the Nets a top-3 contender.

Yeah would be *unfortunate*for Lopez or Johnson to miss 40+ games.
I wouldn't wish any injury on anyone except Dwayne Wade. That being said, I wouldn't complain if Lopez went down for an extended period and Bargs had to step up and take his place...

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 10:12:32 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Dallas' 1st round pick to Boston protected for 1-7 in 2016, 1-7 in 2017, 1-7 in 2018, 1-7 in 2019 and 1-7 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021.

Seriously might have to wait until 2021.

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we have to wait. Lol We have a crowded roster, and still so many picks coming up.  The only way really to alleviate is to consolidate trades for better players/stars which is no guarantee we can do.

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

So picks #1, #2 and # 8.

Why not trade David Lee for a late first rounder and draft an All Star with that while we're at it :)

wait, wait, wait, wait....combine this with saltlover and the celtics have the #1 and #2 and use the mav and minnesota and 2nd rounders to move up to #6! plus, a star will drop down to that spot, so boston drafts THREE HOF players in one swoop.

whew. our work here at cb is done now. let's enjoy those championships.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

So picks #1, #2 and # 8.

wait, wait, wait, wait....combine this with saltlover and the celtics have the #1 and #2 and use the mav and minnesota and 2nd rounders to move up to #6! plus, a star will drop down to that spot, so boston drafts THREE HOF players in one swoop.

whew. our work here at cb is done now. let's enjoy those championships.  ;D

I do not sign onto this.  In the official Saltlover perfect world, it goes:

We get #1 from Nets, #8 from Mavs, and #13 from Minny.  We also finish with the 8th seed and get #15, but we make a title run from that position.  We the. Use #8, #13, and #15 to trade up to number 5, so we get a banner and two top 5 picks.

In general, I'm all in favor of this team winning as many games as possible during the year and doing as well as it can in the playoffs, and getting our lottery picks from the Nets, Mavs, Minny, and in a few years, Memphis.

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 04:34:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Earl K. Sneed ‏@EarlKSneed 
Per @MavsPR's game notes: JaVale McGee (left leg) and Chandler Parsons (right knee) are OUT vs. Phoenix. #DALatPHX

Earl K. Sneed ‏@EarlKSneed
@dallasmavs will have a minutes plan in place for Matthews & Williams to start the season, but Carlisle won't be revealing that plan.

Rick Carlisle said he spoke with head athletic trainer Casey Smith about minute restrictions for Deron Williams & Wesley Matthews yesterday.