Author Topic: Fantasy BBall advice  (Read 5006 times)

Fantasy BBall advice
« on: October 14, 2015, 11:50:45 AM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
So I'm new to fantasy bball and I need some advice. I worked during the draft so my auto draft strategy kicked in (which I wasn't happy about) and I got 8th pick here's my current roster.

Damian Lillard
Monta Ellis
Draymond Green
Tim Duncan
Demarcus Cousins
Elfrid Payton
Demarre Carrol
Nikola Mirotic
Nicolas Batum
Chandler Parsons
Rajon Rondo
Jamal Crawford
Gorgui Deng
(Not my Draft order)

I want another SG and I'm thinking of picking up Jarret Jack since he qualifies as a PG/SG. Who should I drop? I was thinking either Rondo, Payton, or Crawford.

Rondo- hasn't been the same and injury prone but he may be motivated due to cousins/gay. but has the potential to stuff stats.
Payton- still young and very similar game to Rondo but exactly he is young and less injury prone played real well towards the end of last season.
Crawford- puts up points but doesn't shoot a high percentage or do anything else really. only reason to keep him is level out my sg/pg depth so its three a piece with jack included.

Reason for jack- he has always been consistent with his numbers and is set up to have a big season starting for the nets. any feedback would be great ! thanks
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

Re: Fantasy BBall advice
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I gotta think there are higher upside players out there at SG than Jack.

I wouldn't drop Rondo, Payton, or Crawford for him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 11:55:28 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
What kind of scoring system do you use?  It's tough to advise without knowing how to win in your format.

...most likely though you'd want to lose Rondo or Payton though, if you really need an SG.  I can't believe Crawford isn't SG-eligible already.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 12:38:39 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
How many GMs does your league have. That is a real good team, especially for an auto draft. With that team you'd be top 3 or something.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
What kind of scoring system do you use?  It's tough to advise without knowing how to win in your format.

Yeah.  Celtic -_- pride, is it a purely points based where each player scores a certain amount of points per night?  If so, you should be able to see what their average fantasy score is per game.  In ESPN, for instance, a guy like Anthony Davis might average 30fp per night.  It's usually just basic points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks ... then subtract missed shots and turnovers.   But some leagues take that format and add modifiers.   Each steal could equal 2.5 points, for instance.   Regardless, if you look at your roster it will show you what their average score is... compare your guys to the rest of the players in the league.  Some of those leagues will heavily favor big men and a smart GM will get value out of you by sending you overrated players for guys you undervalue.

THere's a different style of fantasy where there are categories like three pointers, assists, steals, etc.   The gameplay style is a bit different for that.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 02:15:57 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Stuff & Things

Yeah.  Celtic -_- pride, is it a purely points based where each player scores a certain amount of points per night?  If so, you should be able to see what their average fantasy score is per game.  In ESPN, for instance, a guy like Anthony Davis might average 30fp per night.  It's usually just basic points + rebounds + assists + steals + blocks ... then subtract missed shots and turnovers.   But some leagues take that format and add modifiers.   Each steal could equal 2.5 points, for instance.   Regardless, if you look at your roster it will show you what their average score is... compare your guys to the rest of the players in the league.  Some of those leagues will heavily favor big men and a smart GM will get value out of you by sending you overrated players for guys you undervalue.

THere's a different style of fantasy where there are categories like three pointers, assists, steals, etc.   The gameplay style is a bit different for that.

yeah it is a basic scoring system as you listed and there are a total of 10 teams including me. Each week we face head to head with another team. I feel like the team is solid but I just fear having an open spot at SG that I wont be able to fill due to a lack SG's resulting in lower points. PS I dropped Josh Smith for Batum which I feel like is a helluva GM move haha. I'm expecting a big season out of him and Jsmoove will have a reduced role.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 02:20:12 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Stuff & Things
As far as available SG's in free agency there is slim pickens. Jack, Tucker, Williams, G Henderson, Corey Brewer, R Stuckey, Iguodola, Chalmers, Ginobili, C Lee etc. I really want a combo guard for the flexibility to attempt to field as many players as possible per matchup.

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 02:27:28 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
As far as available SG's in free agency there is slim pickens. Jack, Tucker, Williams, G Henderson, Corey Brewer, R Stuckey, Iguodola, Chalmers, Ginobili, C Lee etc. I really want a combo guard for the flexibility to attempt to field as many players as possible per matchup.

Does Iggy have SG/SF eligibility? Should be a good source of rebounds at that position.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 03:37:42 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Stuff & Things

Does Iggy have SG/SF eligibility? Should be a good source of rebounds at that position.
He does but his line is 26.9Min 1.0 3PM, 3.3RBD 3.0AST 1.2STL 0.3Blk 7.8PTS
Now here is J. Jacks    28.0Min 0.5 3PM 3.1RBD  4.7AST  0.9STL 0.2BLK 12.0PTS
He fills a positional need when I have a jam at the forward spot and I project his numbers will inflate with an increased role being the only real PG on the nets. If I do pick him up it will pain me to root for a Nets player haha. 

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 03:45:38 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Jarrett Jack putting up good counting stats is probably not a good thing for the Nets.  Especially if he's getting them because one or more of Brook/JJ/Thad is hurt.

I haven't played many points formats but I suspect Rondo is not very good under that framework - great assists, good steals, some rebounds, but a lot of turnovers, not many points, and some missed shots (not many since he doesn't shoot much, but %s aren't good).  He's been pretty lousy in category leagues where 3 pointers and shooting %s are categories, that's for sure.