Author Topic: Terry Rozier knee soreness  (Read 1904 times)

Terry Rozier knee soreness
« on: October 12, 2015, 03:15:11 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
I read somewhere earlier that Terry Rozier is going to be out 3-5 days with "knee soreness" and had to have his knee drained. Now I'm no doctor, so if anyone on here has ever had anything like this or knows more about it, is it something to be concerned about or a sign of things to come? I'm a bit worried considering this is only 2 games in to the preseason, but I may be wrong. Hopefully this isn't something to worry too much about but I'm glad it doesn't seem to be too bad.

Re: Terry Rozier knee soreness
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Its normal during training camps when guys jump into very heavy activity after basically a few months of light activity in the offseason. And people were dumping on PJ3 and saying his career is over after he had knee soreness for a couple of day as well a week or so ago.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 04:07:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Problem depends on how much he has been working. I'm sure he has been going hard for over a year trying to improve so eventually you have to rest or your body will start to fail ya. If he has been resting and it still swells up regularly than its an issue.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 04:26:15 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
Well, that's a relief to know it's fairly normal. As long as it doesn't become a recurring theme I don't think it's anything to really worry about. Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 06:06:20 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Hope he ll be ok .   Sux at his young age tho.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 09:41:49 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It is a significant worry.

He's officially got tendinitis and has sat extended periods before with soreness in his knees.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 09:54:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Some guys like Rozier who give it their all , run too much will get knee issues. 

But unfortunately he might have one of those bodies that is not good for constant/daily running.

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

He's officially got tendinitis and has sat extended periods before with soreness in his knees.

Wasn't he sidelined after Summer League for a while? This is definitely something worth monitoring, and we just have to hope that it's not a Brandon Roy scenario.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 11:00:20 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford

Wasn't he sidelined after Summer League for a while? This is definitely something worth monitoring, and we just have to hope that it's not a Brandon Roy scenario.

Dang. Didn't know about this. Really hoping it's nothing more than soreness but just doesn't feel normal this early in his career.

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 11:10:50 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
Whenever you read the phrase 'swelling in knee'  in a story along with the word 'drained', that's a cause for concern .

Hopefully it's nothing long term.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 08:24:30 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Looks like a bone bruise...not related to the knee problems he had in college.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/10/terry_rozier_waited_a_week_bef.html