Author Topic: probing the paint  (Read 503 times)

probing the paint
« on: October 10, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
nothing more thrilling watching a guard probe and navigate in the paint, the dishing off or closing the play-the change of pace and direction the court genius that sees this in a split second-the change of dribble height and timing of screens-seth curry and isaiah thomas have it rondo has it ,bird/magic had it in a way,maravich,cousy--in isaiah's case and now playing in boston after rondo had treated us for years, isaiah has a sophisticated audience to play in front of-
-so for the sake of prolonging his career and injuries maybe he should back off closing some of these out and let the bigs take the banging
we as fans know who set the play up, ppg is just a stat

Re: probing the paint
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
last season was one of starting over,a continuing stream of players that masked injuries unlike a steady roster with seperation of talent -smart,isaiah,ko,and sully all lost extensive time during critical junctures-
isaiah said he was going to re think his approach i think that landing and bruising may have him thinking but during spanish trip he went sprawling and the mugged it up for the camera
-the show must go on-

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 10:10:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like it when our guys do it, but hate it when the other team does it.   Because aside from Amir and Mickey our rim protection is dicey from bad depending on who is playing.

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i think this is why i like rj,a rookie who knows how to use change of pace, direction and doesn't panic in paint, he sees the plays and options-
i hope his shot starts to fall but love his emphasis on defense,off ball help with long arms--a golden state or phoenix type of player-glad we got him
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:38:19 PM by rollie mass »