Author Topic: kelly -  (Read 3326 times)

Re: kelly -
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 01:12:35 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i went back and watched kelly vs orlando in summerleague as a rookie-he looked real good and quick-that ankle no doubt about it slowed him up for rest of the last half of season,matter a fact he was so clumsy and couldn'd even dunk-that black eye gave some creds and pulling loves arm out with those who really hate lebron -

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 01:17:28 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
heres a fun one -what kelly's realistic ceiling with hard work in the next few years

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 02:11:13 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hard to draw a comp.  Not a lot of 7 foot stretch 4/5's to compare to.  It's a relatively new trend in the NBA.  I would say maybe Rasheed Wallace but without the nasty on defense, but a better ball handler and overall shooter.

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 03:30:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
i went back and watched kelly vs orlando in summerleague as a rookie-he looked real good and quick-that ankle no doubt about it slowed him up for rest of the last half of season,matter a fact he was so clumsy and couldn'd even dunk-that black eye gave some creds and pulling loves arm out with those who really hate lebron -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCwbN1nWXSY

Kelly actually threw down quite a few nice dunks after returning from injury. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 03:54:56 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
 thanks for that but i was more aiming at when he first came back-i seem to remember posting in his defense he was being pushed around and clumsy and struggled on one play with a dunk and my experience that i had with throwing my shot off and change of elevation--i was going to add for clarification that it was improved towards end of season- thanks for that u tube watch-tp to you
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:29:10 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 05:10:41 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
There has been the debate of Sully or KO, who to keep, who to let go in a trade.

Right now KO has improved his game and body over the last two seasons, and Sully not so much. Sully looks to be in better shape this year than last, but Lee and Amir are out playing him, and Mickey looks like he could be a keeper. I wouldn't have guess two years ago Sully would be odd man out, but it's starting to look that way.

Now problem is teams are going to look at KO as part of a trade package. Does DA roll with Sully and move KO for a better player, or does he sweeten the pot for the team to take Sully so he can keep KO.

KO and Smart have done what young players need to do in the beginning of their career, make their body and game stronger and better from the previous year. Sully and Young have not done this, not fully anyways.

Young actually has added 15 pounds and gotten noticeably bigger, but unfortunately his game hasn't really followed. Hopefully with more minutes this season he can turn things around.

Just because you add 15LBS doesn't nessarely make you stronger. He's still getting tossed around out there, and Hunter who looks much smaller, is handling his own. Might be a matter of being strong mentally and taking the pushing, which is part of strengthening the body. Or Young just has weaker muscles than Hunter.

My friends dad use to set up for bands, and he'd pick up those huge band speakers and carry them up stairs weighting in at a buck twenty and maybe 5'6".

I'm hoping Young gets better, but right now Hunter is so much better over all and would move Young over Hunter at this point.

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 09:05:07 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There has been the debate of Sully or KO, who to keep, who to let go in a trade.

Right now KO has improved his game and body over the last two seasons, and Sully not so much. Sully looks to be in better shape this year than last, but Lee and Amir are out playing him, and Mickey looks like he could be a keeper. I wouldn't have guess two years ago Sully would be odd man out, but it's starting to look that way.

Now problem is teams are going to look at KO as part of a trade package. Does DA roll with Sully and move KO for a better player, or does he sweeten the pot for the team to take Sully so he can keep KO.

KO and Smart have done what young players need to do in the beginning of their career, make their body and game stronger and better from the previous year. Sully and Young have not done this, not fully anyways.

Young actually has added 15 pounds and gotten noticeably bigger, but unfortunately his game hasn't really followed. Hopefully with more minutes this season he can turn things around.

Just because you add 15LBS doesn't nessarely make you stronger. He's still getting tossed around out there, and Hunter who looks much smaller, is handling his own. Might be a matter of being strong mentally and taking the pushing, which is part of strengthening the body. Or Young just has weaker muscles than Hunter.

My friends dad use to set up for bands, and he'd pick up those huge band speakers and carry them up stairs weighting in at a buck twenty and maybe 5'6".

I'm hoping Young gets better, but right now Hunter is so much better over all and would move Young over Hunter at this point.

Yeah, there seems to be a growing feeling around here that Sully, Young, and ET should be the ones to go in a trade for a 'star' SF. Not necessarily so we can keep PJ3 (he doesn't look like a keeper so far), but because they are all [talented] players who don't necessarily fit in with what Stevens and the Cs are looking to do.

I like that we are developing an identity.

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 09:33:17 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Have to admit that I'm totally biased toward rebounding bigs who play inside. Made me and early fan of Sully. KO was just too much to let go of, being 7' and skilled...but never looked like he could ever be a dominant player, where Sully seemed to have that potential.

I've changed my mind.

Olynyk will make a leap. Sully won't.