Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: MVP  (Read 2832 times)

MVP
« on: October 09, 2015, 09:10:45 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
So, any pre-season predictions as to who wins that illustrious award that every player so craves?
My vote goes to AD, the added range to his game will do wonders, as well as the new coach that can properly utilize him.

Re: MVP
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 09:12:29 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm going to say KD comes back with a vengeance.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:04:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i voted for scal, as should ALL good loyal celtic fans.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 11:28:06 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
i voted for scal, as should ALL good loyal celtic fans.  ;D
tbh, celtic fanbase should vote him into allstar game

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 02:01:25 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I am going to go with James Harden for his 1st MVP.

I think Cousins and A.Davis have the talent to make a serious run at the MVP but I don't think their teams will win enough games to put them front and center in the MVP conversation. I doubt Steph Curry gets two MVPs in a row. Cleveland has a much deeper team this year and there should be less reliance on LeBron so I think his stats drop slightly and is more of an honourable mention. The Thunder should return to top of the league but with Durant and Westbrook eating into one another's votes like Wade and Shaq did back in the day.

So I think Harden stands the best chances of getting MVP. I think Houston will be much improved this season with Ty Lawson there and that improvement (although nothing to do with Harden = dumb media) will be enough to get Harden an edge over his competition.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 04:20:41 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Best player on the best team (vs player who really was the MVP like Harden on Rockets last season). Curry or LBJ this season. I'll go with LBJ

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 08:05:01 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Davis. I think he leads NO to 6th in the West and ends top 5 in at least 4 categories

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
I'll go for Curry to win it again, the Warriors may not win as many games in the regular season again , but I think they will approach the 60 mark, Curry may actually be forced to play more minutes this season and his numbers should increase a bit as a result.
I don't think KD has a chance to win any more MVP's,along with Westbrook taking away votes from him the media with their long memories won't give him any benefit of the doubt votes after his All Star Game media interviews last season.
One can't discount Curry's appeal to the masses, whether that should persuade media votes or not gives him an edge in voting in my mind.
History has shown over the past 30 years your team needs to be pretty much a top 2 seed to have a chance to win the award.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2j2oen/a_look_at_the_seeding_of_past_mvps/

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 12:40:06 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Chris Paul's time.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 09:20:45 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'm going to say KD comes back with a vengeance.
This.

Assuming he's healthy again, I think he's going to be beyond fired up and I think the Thunder are going to run all over the rest of the league. I know there are questions on defense but who is going to guard this team? KD gets his 2nd.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 09:36:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am going to go with James Harden for his 1st MVP.

I think Cousins and A.Davis have the talent to make a serious run at the MVP but I don't think their teams will win enough games to put them front and center in the MVP conversation. I doubt Steph Curry gets two MVPs in a row. Cleveland has a much deeper team this year and there should be less reliance on LeBron so I think his stats drop slightly and is more of an honourable mention. The Thunder should return to top of the league but with Durant and Westbrook eating into one another's votes like Wade and Shaq did back in the day.

So I think Harden stands the best chances of getting MVP. I think Houston will be much improved this season with Ty Lawson there and that improvement (although nothing to do with Harden = dumb media) will be enough to get Harden an edge over his competition.

TP - this was my exact analysis when I voted for Harden. I don't think he will be so amazingly better than everybody else, it's just that everybody else has something (or someone) holding them back. There are many last year who thought Harden should have won the award - if he can do the same thing, I believe he will get the recognition he 'deserves'.

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Chris Paul's time.

With Paul out with his hand injury, I don't think he'll make it. Unless he pulls a phenomenon statistics and keep the Clippers with an incredible winning streak once he returns.

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 08:46:17 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Seems like it's Brow's turn to me.

He'll put up career numbers in Gentry's system, perhaps with an added three pointer.

The Pelicans won't be a great team, but they'll win something like 55 games and grab a middle seed in the Western Conference, which would be enough for Davis to grab MVP with something like 25 points 11 reb 3 blk 2 stl.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 09:38:20 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
It's sad that guys have to have their turn to win an MVP.  LeBron is the MVP of the league every year whether he wins the award or not.  In terms of elite players that have waited their Paul is probably first in line, but I don't see him having as strong of a year as Harden.  I'll go with him.
Yup

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 01:07:51 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Andrew Wiggins is a sleeper here.
Banner 18 please 😍