Author Topic: Idea - If you're going to post, make sure they make sense.  (Read 3713 times)

Re: Idea - If you're going to post, make sure they make sense.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 01:39:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I understand where you are coming from, but this site is supposed to be welcoming and not snobby.

Trust me though, sometimes I have felt like it'd be nice if the mods would merge or close threads that don't say anything new or that get totally off track. I find myself wanting to be snarky or dismissive of posts that are silly or seem uninformed. Sometimes I let that get the better of me. But at the end of the day, this site is for bringing in and bringing together Celts fans of all kinds. We can encourage one another to make the best posts we can, though. But in a respectful and inclusive way.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

In general, I'm sympathetic.  It's been a long, long off-season.

Agreed.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
HaHaHa, you're right if going to rant should spell it right.  But what I find a little funny that nobody that made fun of my spelling mistake had anything else to say.  Like I said it was a rant, just because it was a bunch of the same post lately.  If you're even a casual fan of the sight, you see the titles of different subjects. 

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 04:00:12 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
HaHaHa, you're right if going to rant should spell it right.  But what I find a little funny that nobody that made fun of my spelling mistake had anything else to say.  Like I said it was a rant, just because it was a bunch of the same post lately.  If you're even a casual fan of the sight, you see the titles of different subjects.
Well some of us couldnt reply to subject matter because it didn't make a lot of sense. Even with ignoring the spelling errors I didn't get it. Was it a rant about the topics being wrong in title thread, too many same topics, grammar, sports knowledge, people going off topic in a first post, or was it an example of everything wrong in thread post like a joke? I was lost man.

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
Jared Sullinger, I wouldn't be surprised if we resign him soon.  Honestly when on the floor he is our best player.  Isaiah Thomas I love his game, but he's a great 6th man for us, but don't see him being a true starter.  Sullinger can be a 18-20 points a game with 8-10 boards a game player, watch his game if you don't believe so.  He's a true power forward and actually plays positional basketball to rebound, and our best to second best scoring option specially on the block.  David Lee plays the block amazing but he's not a long term answer.

You have a lot of nerve to post about making sense and posting this crap.   What a double standard.  His health has never permitted this nor has his conditioning.  Up to now he has played in 177 of a possible 246 games in the regular season that is 71% of the games.   Does it make sense to invest in something that only works that much?

This positional stuff is new, he thought he was Kyle Korver the last two years.   I hope he goes back to what make his a great college player though which is playing down low.   He will never be a star on defense, he will always be a guy that over team attack the rim on.  I do think that it will allow him to be  a better player for us.  You had to have posted this only seeing the first game in which he was a great 7-10.  The next game was 2-6.   Still shooting better than last year and more like his rookie year, and I hope the few threes continue.

Lee adds one thing you forget to mention that Sully does not.   He is a leader and the equal if not better player.   He is not a long term answer, but I do not think Sully is either given his health and track record.   Do you think Sullinger is a leader by eating all way to injury or saying how hard he worked out and coming to camp looking like the Staypuff Marshmellow Man.  This might may Lee a better fit for us but I see them both as assets to get us the "real guy".

As for the making sense, " Common sense is not common."  - Ben Franklin and you should take a long hard look in the mirror.

PS make sure you pay your rant this month so your landlord does not go on a rent.

First you can trash Sullinger's rookie season and the Celtics knew there was a chance of this.  He was looking to need a back surgery and Celtics knew it and took the chance.  His foot fracture he had is something that even that best athletics get on a freak ordeal.  This year will be a huge deciding factor on Sullinger.  If you're going to ask who do I want, I want a 23 year old that we can build with.  Yes, Lee does have leadership but I would hope he would have some being 32 years old.  I said, I like Lee's game and what he can do, but to build a team I want youth and skill. 

As for a double comment, I said CAN be a double double guy.  He's show the skill and per 36 mins he does average a double double.  Last year before the injury it was 17.7 and rebounds at 10.1.  Also just before the injury during the season playing only 27 minutes a game he averaged 13.3 points and 7.6 rebounds.  He never had a chance to be a fully time power forward since we do so much rotation in the line up to keep fresh.  Lee's stats in his prime he was also playing 36+ minutes a game because he had to.  Personally I'd like to keep Lee to help Sullinger develop even more, but if we can trade him at deadline to improve for future, all day. 

If I'm trading anybody though first out of our bigs I'm trading K.O. because he's worth the most to a contender with having this year and next under contract. 

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 04:27:35 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White

Well some of us couldnt reply to subject matter because it didn't make a lot of sense. Even with ignoring the spelling errors I didn't get it. Was it a rant about the topics being wrong in title thread, too many same topics, grammar, sports knowledge, people going off topic in a first post, or was it an example of everything wrong in thread post like a joke? I was lost man.
[/quote]

No the rant was about how it seems nobody pays attention when making new topics.  Plus when they make said topics they put nothing into it.  If you're going to post, make the effort in actually discussing it.  Just in general, because way to many post of 3 sentences, that have nothing to them.  Like I said when I first joined the site it seemed more people actually put time into the topics they posted, and a lot more people actually replied. 

Just taking this post I did, because it actually had a good amount of content it actually made people read and discuss.  Even if have of them are talking about spelling.   

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 04:30:48 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I would be OK with keeping trades to a minimum this year to see what Brad can do with what we have now.  He has been really good at getting top performance out of the young guys, and now we have a couple vets to provide go to knowledge.  Danny still has draft picks and can get more active as we see what the needs are.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
By-the-way, ThePoeticWolf, this blog has Moderators and you are not one of them, so if you feel something not being done correctly please report it to a Moderator.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
EDIT: I was a little too facetious in this post.
Mods please delete.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 05:22:11 PM by GetLucky »

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 05:07:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
___

No the rant was about how it seems nobody pays attention when making new topics.  Plus when they make said topics they put nothing into it.  If you're going to post, make the effort in actually discussing it.  Just in general, because way to many post of 3 sentences, that have nothing to them.  Like I said when I first joined the site it seemed more people actually put time into the topics they posted, and a lot more people actually replied. 

Just taking this post I did, because it actually had a good amount of content it actually made people read and discuss.  Even if have of them are talking about spelling.

So you want more in-depth post and reduction of repeat topics? That is fair. One issue for me is the rest of the stuff on players in the opening post doesn't follow the main thread topic. Many posters generally know those should be in different threads and won't reply to those parts. Each thread should deal with a certain subject. So the rant on Posters posting issues is a completely different subject from player opinions. If you make individual threads we can have an easier flowing discussion that won't become jumbled and confusing.

Now with repeat topics there is a thread post suggestion in place that threads x time long inactive not be added to but new ones be generated. Not sure if that is reason we have so many repeat topics though. I think repeat post topics are mostly from people that want more viewership on a subject/opinion to be continuous. Perhaps it is to sway mass opinion and support through a type of opinion bombardment promotion on the matter or simply fustration with the situation/player.  For the most part people should just ignore bad post. Often it can be someone trolling or people posting click bait.