Author Topic: Avery Bradley an All Star?  (Read 15033 times)

Re: Avery Bradley an All Star?
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2015, 09:39:53 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I have respect for AB, he works hard, he's a good kid, I'm just not seeing his game expanding as you see it.

He's a real good defender, that seldom defends against the opposing teams 2 guard. He's very undersized,
6-2 180. He has too many games where he's invisible, with too many games of single digit numbers. The truth is, his scoring average last year was down from the year before.

He has improved his handle on the ball to become a fair ball handler, from a terrible ball handler. IF he continues to aggressively take the ball to the rim, and IF Celtic fans can deal with his turnovers, while he grows, he will be much more valuable. 

I'm just not seeing AB as an All Star.

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/11/1/9655808/avery-bradley-blows-by-kawhi-leonard-hammers-down-monster-dunk

That dunk alone should get him to the all-star game.  ;)

Seriously though, that dunk gave me chills. Maybe because he's 6'1 and just dunked like Lebron that did that.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2015, 11:05:08 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Honestly AB's dunk mostly reminded me of when Jeff Green would wake up every couple of weeks and throw one down in someone's face.  AB plays harder overall, though.

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2015, 11:54:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Honestly AB's dunk mostly reminded me of when Jeff Green would wake up every couple of weeks and throw one down in someone's face.  AB plays harder overall, though.

Thought the same exact thing

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/11/1/9655808/avery-bradley-blows-by-kawhi-leonard-hammers-down-monster-dunk

That dunk alone should get him to the all-star game.  ;)

Seriously though, that dunk gave me chills. Maybe because he's 6'1 and just dunked like Lebron that did that.

He's always had good hops. After his double shoulder surgery he stopped dunking for some reason, which was a big detriment to his cutting game (the best offensive skill he has in his arsenal). When returned, his cutting game was miserable because he missed A LOT of lay ups.

Before the surgery, he cut and dunked quite often, so glad to see him dunking more often this early in the season.

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2015, 10:12:11 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/11/5/9677732/progress-report-avery-bradleys-shot-distribution-has-evolved-as-expected-boston-celtics
Looks like Bradley is progressing. He did more when Smart was out. He took the final shot after IT dribbled into a double team.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2015, 10:47:20 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
All-star teams generally comprise two types of players: Guys who were highly touted in college or high school and live up to the hype in the NBA (Durant, LeBron), and guys who explode onto the scene and do way better than expected in the NBA (Westbrook, Butler). Plus, voters almost always favor offense over defense. So I don't expect Bradley to become an all-star unless he starts scoring at least 20 points a game. Which I don't see happening.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2015, 11:13:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/11/5/9677732/progress-report-avery-bradleys-shot-distribution-has-evolved-as-expected-boston-celtics
Looks like Bradley is progressing. He did more when Smart was out. He took the final shot after IT dribbled into a double team.
And that matters why? Jared Sullinger took 400 threes over the last 2 season, too, you know.

Also, his EFG% is exactly identical over the past 3 seasons, so the underlying shot distribution is pretty meaningless.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:21:53 AM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2015, 11:36:22 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
And that matters why? Jared Sullinger took 400 threes over the last 2 season, too, you know.

Also, his EFG% is exactly identical over the past 3 seasons, so the underlying shot distribution is pretty meaningless.

It's all about taking smarter shots. Bradley is no longer going for the midrange game as often as he did in the past. Instead he's either taking the three or he's driving to the paint.

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2015, 12:16:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

It's all about taking smarter shots. Bradley is no longer going for the midrange game as often as he did in the past. Instead he's either taking the three or he's driving to the paint.
His efficiency is the same. There's nothing smart about taking "smart" shots if you can't make them.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2015, 12:23:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2015, 12:34:30 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Bradley is a tony allen with better shot but worse defence

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2015, 12:34:37 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

His efficiency is the same. There's nothing smart about taking "smart" shots if you can't make them.

So far, the Celtics as whole are shooting poorly. I think if Bradley keeps working at it the shots will fall. He just needs to be in the right spots.

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 12:36:18 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I agree. IT and AB played well together. Let's see if they can continue that. If they can, maybe Smart plays the three or comes off the bench.

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2015, 05:26:44 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Bradley has a much, much, much higher chance of making an All-Defensive team than he does an All-Star team

Considering he has already done that...this is not an insightful statement.