Author Topic: Avery Bradley an All Star?  (Read 15041 times)

Re: Avery Bradley an All Star?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 07:35:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
First few games, this year I thought he was taking a big step but last game he was himself.   It is possible that we do not have an all star but IT is the guy I would bet on.

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Stars

Are consistent ....and recognized as such

He has games that approach that level ......but he has to maintain a certain level of excellence to get the attention

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 12:59:48 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Stars

He has games that approach that level ......but he has to maintain a certain level of excellence to get the attention
He seems to want to get to the level this year. Time will tell.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 01:01:47 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
All star or not, his game just keeps improving every single year.  Same with his shot.

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 01:32:29 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
AB Playing well will be a "Key" piece to a trade. Im sure he is more wanted then Sully, Smart, or KO.

And if we do trade AB plus a pic and etc.. It will deff be something pretty darn good coming back in return... No way we trade assets for more assets at this point

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 02:07:53 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
AB was ....raised or brought up correct though the ranks .....he earned his stripes ....great attitude , loyal , and good teammate ......that's a lot good things to put on your team.   

I just don't care for the diva characters out their , non team players no matter how good they are .

AB is a good steady player to,have on your team

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 02:23:41 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
AB Playing well will be a "Key" piece to a trade. Im sure he is more wanted then Sully, Smart, or KO.

And if we do trade AB plus a pic and etc.. It will deff be something pretty darn good coming back in return... No way we trade assets for more assets at this point

I have to imagine Smart is by far our best asset in a trade. Of course I want to keep him, but if another gm becomes enamored by him and is willing to deal a 'star', then I would have a hard time saying no.

AB has made steady improvements, but he is pretty much the player he is going to be - which is a very good player. Smart, however, is young enough that his potential is still seen as perennial all-star by some.

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
sorry to burst the bubble but AB will not be an all-star. Unless the C's are seeded #1. In which case, probably Smart, Bradley, Lee and Crowder will all make the all-star game.

- LilRip

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 11:02:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
In which case, probably Smart, Bradley, Lee and Crowder will all make the all-star game.

I think all those will be a reach, but to suggest Crowder is an all star is beyond crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:11:54 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 12:30:11 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
AB has made steady improvements, but he is pretty much the player he is going to be - which is a very good player.

Why does everyone think AB is incapable of improving? He's only 24 years old, and this is the first stretch where he's been in a stable situation playing with the same guys in his career. He's the best athlete on the team, one of the hardest workers, and he's got a coach who can really help him improve.

He should continue to get better for a couple of more seasons, and if he can become a little more efficient on offense (16+ ppg and 45% 2pt/38% 3pt) and the team wins over 50 games, he might very well become an all star. I can see that as a realistic possibility in the next two years.

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Our team is not built for any personal awards.
The minutes distribution between all players will limit their personal stats.

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why does everyone think AB is incapable of improving?
Because Bradley has largely been the same player over the entire course of his career: an inefficient scorer who will give you X points on X-1 shots and will invariably get completely embarrassed if he tries to do anything more sophisticated than shooting the ball within 2 seconds of catching it.

There is no distribution of minutes that will make an allstar out of Bradley, sorry.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 01:29:13 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Because Bradley has largely been the same player over the entire course of his career: an inefficient scorer who will give you X points on X-1 shots and will invariably get completely embarrassed if he tries to do anything more sophisticated than shooting the ball within 2 seconds of catching it.

There is no distribution of minutes that will make an allstar out of Bradley, sorry.

Hitting the ASB with a top 4 record in the East could make an all-star out of whichever Celtic starter is averaging the most PPG.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 01:39:22 PM »

• Don Chaney

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_All-Stars
 475 players have been selected to an All-Star Game roster at least once. However, only 316 of them have earned multiple selections to the game.
If you look at some of the one timers. I have to believe AB has a chance.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 07:29:54 AM »

• Don Chaney
Stars

If he played like yesterday against the spurs he may get there.