Author Topic: Caron Butler on Gilbert's guns and the locker room standoff  (Read 2503 times)

Caron Butler on Gilbert's guns and the locker room standoff
« on: October 09, 2015, 12:50:17 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Re: Caron Butler on Gilbert's guns and the locker room standoff
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:43:20 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Man that was a good read. TP

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 01:58:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
interesting -- doesn't really clarify what started it other than the card game.  curious what occurred that had JC demanding the money back.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

The thing that amazed me about this is how it was so far past what I thought. I thought they were idiots having some kind of a p---ing contest, like there was no real beef and they were just showing off. Instead, you've got a zillionaire wannabe gangsta from the Valley stealing a grand from this kid on a rookie deal who turns out to be a crip, thinking it's some kind of game, and nearly getting himself murdered. Amazing.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 08:57:34 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
Fascinating.

They were talking about this on the True Hoop TV Podcast (which is generally awful but occassionally has some good stuff) and Amin Elhassan was talking about how Javaris Crittenton was basically a good kid from a nice place who, after he got into the league, got in with a bad crowd and liked the gangster lifestyle so much that now he's in prison for manslaughter. So stupid.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 09:16:30 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75

The thing that amazed me about this is how it was so far past what I thought. I thought they were idiots having some kind of a p---ing contest, like there was no real beef and they were just showing off. Instead, you've got a zillionaire wannabe gangsta from the Valley stealing a grand from this kid on a rookie deal who turns out to be a crip, thinking it's some kind of game, and nearly getting himself murdered. Amazing.
Where did you read this??

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 09:25:36 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
interesting -- doesn't really clarify what started it other than the card game.  curious what occurred that had JC demanding the money back.

The million dollar question.

We already knew GA displayed guns, we want to know what started it.  This just leaves us wanting more.  Does Butler really not know what cards each player had?  Was it a misdeal?  What's going on here?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 10:22:24 PM »

Offline kevbo

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Deadspin posted Gilbert's response to Caron's retelling just yesterday. Here's the post: http://deadspin.com/gilbert-arenas-posts-rebuttal-to-caron-butlers-version-1735566952

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 12:02:01 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
What isn't really highlighted in that article is that a couple years after this lockerroom incident, Jarvaris Critteron shot a 22 year old mother of 4 who later died during surgery.  He's serving 23 years in prison. 

So it wasn't just a couple of knuckleheads messing around.  It seems there was a legitimate possibility that Critterson murdered Gilbert Arenas right there in the lockerroom. 

Also I just want to highlight one part of his wikipedia page that is kind of puzzling:

Crittenton and his cousin Douglas Gamble were officially indicted on April 2, 2013 on 12 counts in connection with Jones's death, including charges of murder, felony murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, giving false statements, attempted murder, and participation in criminal street gang activity. Crittenton reportedly joined the Crips after signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to Fulton County assistant district attorney Gabe Banks, and allegedly also shot at Demontinez Stephens earlier in August 2011. The target in both shootings was reportedly Trontavious Stephens, Demontinez's brother and a member of the R. O. C. Crew, which is part of the Bloods.

Dude is from Atlanta.  He joined the Crips after joining the Lakers?  What the hell?

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 03:30:21 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
All I can say is that it's a good thing Aaron Hernandez wasnt on that team. Geesh.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 02:22:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
What isn't really highlighted in that article is that a couple years after this lockerroom incident, Jarvaris Critteron shot a 22 year old mother of 4 who later died during surgery.  He's serving 23 years in prison.
And he also managed to get popped selling a ton (no, literally, a ton) of drugs while he was on bail for the murder. Some folks just can't help themselves.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."