Author Topic: rj hunter  (Read 1237 times)

rj hunter
« on: October 09, 2015, 06:15:24 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
this kid is smart-he knows without showing defense and comfortability on court he will not make a rotation-he has shown passing skills and good ball control and the flow when he is on court is good
his defence i believe may take its toll on shooting for the moment
but they know he can shoot and his selection was not forced or hesitant
rj is fighting over screens has few lapses  and has used his length on help defence-
 and the shots will fall- -A+ for effort

Re: rj hunter
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 07:26:18 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
"thread > fail"

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:54:33 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
He's showing that he's more than just a shooter. He has excellent feel for the game, has shown some playmaking skills and active hands on defense.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 09:17:09 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
In stark contrast to a lot of rookies he actually knows how to play basketball!

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 11:17:52 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
"thread > fail"
disagree. rollie raises good points on hunter, as usual, so a good discussion can take place.

hunter seems very smart and knows the game well. i am not as enamored with him as some posters though. the reason is i see intelligence. but i also see limited physical abilities as well. i think he will have a nice career as an nba player. but i also see him as a rotation player off the bench.

one more point. everyone raves about his shooting, but so far it has not been good. i am excited about how it MIGHT get a lot better.

again, this past draft by ainge is looking better and better.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
thanks hwangjini---tp for realizing most of my posts are attempts to start discussion-pro or con-
i was thrilled by lee's dribbling and passing but had seen him outlet several times with his previous team,right on the money,nothing fancy but made the break

last night the camera caught rj closeup, down in "the stance"putting pressure on his man-right in your chest and face stuff but he got called for a foul of aggression
-i liked that as well as his pullup on break for a wide open three,only the slightest hesitation to see the court,then went up-i have watched him create space,box out,be good with the handoffs and at times be disruptive on post ups-ok he got blown by once last night but that player was doing it to others
this kid has shoulders and is at least rangy but his lower body and mass i hope will come-
another thing i noticed in past was ability to get the guy in air and draw fouls or
give a fake and blow by in control and seeing the floor-
like to know what goes down in practice brad must like it-can he shoot as good as gigi
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:00:21 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I just remember how TURRible Avery Bradley was his first two years.   He played D to keep him self employed .

Slowly but surely AB. ...has worked at his offensive game .  And it's finally paying off fr everybody .

I think Hunter comes in with as much or more upside.   Plus he already is good at seeing the court , passing and understanding defenses.  Way ahead of the curve.

He has admitted being a tad nervous .  Hunter has that same fight in him to be better ,  he is worker , and moreover a student of the game.

Give Hunter a year to get comfortable .