Author Topic: Anyone get NBA 2K16? Mickey missing on the Celtics roster..  (Read 3670 times)

Anyone get NBA 2K16? Mickey missing on the Celtics roster..
« on: October 08, 2015, 08:56:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Considering the fact he was the highest paid 2nd rounder in the history of the NBA.

I am disappointed. I wanted to make my team surrounded by Smart, Hunter, Mickey, and then trade for Stanley Johnson or Winslow and DMC.

Oh well, has anyone else bought it yet?

I'm not a fan of the controls... They need to stop switching it.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Anyone get NBA 2K16? Mickey missing on the Celtics roster..
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 10:20:04 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
Yeah, I noticed that too, maybe he'll get patched in at some point.

You're right about the controls changing all the time. I don't really care for the Spike Lee directed career mode too, I just skipped every scene because they are all like 1000 minutes long

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 10:20:51 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Considering the fact he was the highest paid 2nd rounder in the history of the NBA.

I am disappointed. I wanted to make my team surrounded by Smart, Hunter, Mickey, and then trade for Stanley Johnson or Winslow and DMC.

Oh well, has anyone else bought it yet?

I'm not a fan of the controls... They need to stop switching it.

probably will be there on next update...I almost bought the game cuz I heard mycareer got a nice upgrade

not a big fan of them calling you freq no matter what nickname you choose and I heard the storyline isn't that great

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 10:24:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yeah, I noticed that too, maybe he'll get patched in at some point.

You're right about the controls changing all the time. I don't really care for the Spike Lee directed career mode too, I just skipped every scene because they are all like 1000 minutes long

L m a o ;D.

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:35:50 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I was very upset that they just ignored Mickey being on the roster, but what were they supposed to do? 16 players for 15 spots, gotta drop the rook. Once a real life cut is made, and the beginning of season roster update occurs, he will assuredly be on there.

A note on the controls, give them a chance. I hated them for the first week or so, but now I can't imagine playing any other way. Only real change that occurred was more precise type of passing, and more fluid post play (entering and leaving post position that is.) I honestly think it contributes to the best "feel" the game has ever had.

Also yea spike Lee really butchered the 2k story. It's advertised as your story, but it's not. It's spike Lee's story, so you better not forget it. However, once spike Lee's story is over (rookie season ) the mycareer becomes very good. The new off day system is very innovative, and adds a whole new dimension to what your character feels like.

As someone who unfortunately has been a repeat customer of 2kbasketball since 2009 (yea I'm addicted, but it being one of two games a year I buy isn't bad,) this is definitely the best 2k I have ever played. It is a masterpiece of a basketball game, rivaling even nba street vol. 2.

Ps- fellow mygm/league junkies rejoice, they added 3 team trades, more than 4 spots in a trade, and the ability to relocate your team to another city while changing the interior of your arena (for when you play as a non celtics team of course). Also good luck trading for DMC, it's pretty impossible.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 11:04:56 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I was very upset that they just ignored Mickey being on the roster, but what were they supposed to do? 16 players for 15 spots, gotta drop the rook. Once a real life cut is made, and the beginning of season roster update occurs, he will assuredly be on there.

A note on the controls, give them a chance. I hated them for the first week or so, but now I can't imagine playing any other way. Only real change that occurred was more precise type of passing, and more fluid post play (entering and leaving post position that is.) I honestly think it contributes to the best "feel" the game has ever had.

Also yea spike Lee really butchered the 2k story. It's advertised as your story, but it's not. It's spike Lee's story, so you better not forget it. However, once spike Lee's story is over (rookie season ) the mycareer becomes very good. The new off day system is very innovative, and adds a whole new dimension to what your character feels like.

As someone who unfortunately has been a repeat customer of 2kbasketball since 2009 (yea I'm addicted, but it being one of two games a year I buy isn't bad,) this is definitely the best 2k I have ever played. It is a masterpiece of a basketball game, rivaling even nba street vol. 2.

Ps- fellow mygm/league junkies rejoice, they added 3 team trades, more than 4 spots in a trade, and the ability to relocate your team to another city while changing the interior of your arena (for when you play as a non celtics team of course). Also good luck trading for DMC, it's pretty impossible.

I have 2k15 and the cheese is really getting to me. Is it worth upgrading to 2k16? The my career is a waste in my opinion this year, since we can't make any choices for cutscenes, and I like doing that. But the mygm, like you said, seems great. Is the gameplay better to the point that I should upgrade to 2k16?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 11:36:30 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I typed out a super long and thought out explanation on my phone explaining each way in detail why it is better, and the site logged me out (my fault ).

Bulletpoints -
-shot clock cheese while still mildly present, is nowhere near as bad
-zigzag 3pt cheese in the park has been super nerfed
-fluid post/triple threat game play is amazing
-career after the spike Lee crap is great, so just skip it all
-07,08 celtics as a historic team (90 kg is flawless) need i say more?

Also I love tmac and yao, and their rockets are in the game so that was a personal preference
#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 11:50:36 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Sounds good, thanks!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about