Author Topic: Idea: Sully and Turner for Kevin Martin  (Read 2920 times)

Re: Idea: Sully and Turner for Kevin Martin
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6618143

Thoughts?

He shoots almost 40% from three for his career!!!

Quite a POOR defender however, but could we cover that in our team system?

Smitty77

Way too much. I don't want Martin.  Nominate this as worst trade idea of the weak. Sorry.

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Way too much. I don't want Martin.  Nominate this as worst trade idea of the weak. Sorry.

Unintentional pun = funny.

Yes, this trade is weak. It makes no sense whatsoever. The team doesn't need a soon-to-be 33 year old scorer who is a horrible defender. Martin is the kind of guy you go out and get if a team is missing that "one last piece", with that piece being a scorer off the bench. Except the Celtics aren't to the point of needing that "one last piece" and they already have an excellent scorer off the bench in IT.

If it came with picks or other usable assets, then perhaps it could fly. As it stands it shows the OP has very little sense of what the Celtics need and are trying to accomplish.

Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Unintentional pun = funny.

Yes, this trade is weak. It makes no sense whatsoever. The team doesn't need a soon-to-be 33 year old scorer who is a horrible defender. Martin is the kind of guy you go out and get if a team is missing that "one last piece", with that piece being a scorer off the bench. Except the Celtics aren't to the point of needing that "one last piece" and they already have an excellent scorer off the bench in IT.

If it came with picks or other usable assets, then perhaps it could fly. As it stands it shows the OP has very little sense of what the Celtics need and are trying to accomplish.

Granath,

I have been around a heck of a LOT longer than you and I certainly do know what the Celtics need and ESPECIALLY what we do NOT need.  We do NOT need ET taking minutes away from guys that WILL be with us after this year.  ET did a nice job and upped his trade value from virtually NOTHING to something.  I also KNOW that we do NOT need an overweight, under-motivated Sully around any longer to serve as a TERRIBLE role model for Mickey, Zeller, etc.

Smitty77

P.S.  If we can somehow expand this trade and throw in some picks and get Dieng, we should be all over it.  Shot blocking is clearly our major weakness!!  Zeller and Amir are DECENT shot blockers, but that is all.

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am a big critic of Sully and I think this is a poor trade for us.   Never have cared for Kevin Martin, his shot is so UGLY and unorthodox.

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Interesting post on Dieng on the Wolves' blog site.

http://www.canishoopus.com/2015/10/8/9448487/player-preview-gorgui-dieng-something-to-prove-timberwolves

It sure sounds like Minny is getting a little frustrated with Dieng, as is Sam Mitchell.

Smitty77